1/48 Low Vis Wood Land Gbp-1s Dispaly Pics

Save

This is a little bit off-topic but what's that silver gizmo beside the 4 Micro Missiles stacked side by side?

Looks like a launching claw arm in DYRL.

423398[/snapback]

It is. The Yamato Display Stand, in CHROME.

423399[/snapback]

In CHROME! GASP!!!!! :o

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hmmm....the GBPII might not work out with my CFs so I might drop off a few. I have eight spare.

423223[/snapback]

Pretty sure you want to drop off a few Super Max VF-1Js as well. :p:D

423300[/snapback]

You wish :p I Definitely got enough, no more no less. No customs will come from those babies.

Got 3 VF-1A Max if you want tho'. :ph34r:

Hi guys. Am in japan now and saw this down at akihabara. Hard to take pictures when there are signs all around warning you not to and store keepers giving u stern looks everytime they see you taking pictures. >_>

post-1640-1155751174_thumb.jpg

IIRC the second production run of the normal GBP allready had the missile door problem fixed.

This GBP looks better every time I see it.

423192[/snapback]

This is the first I've heard of this. Got any more info?

423232[/snapback]

Look here. It's from the GBP review thread.

423265[/snapback]

Thanks. Posted a query in that thread.

Hi guys. Am in japan now and saw this down at akihabara. Hard to take pictures when there are signs all around warning you not to and store keepers giving u stern looks everytime they see you taking pictures. >_>

425593[/snapback]

Looks like the display cases in ABC to me. They always have a nice display on in there. Your right about the stern looks. They gave me evils just coz I had my camera in my pocket and had to get it out to find my wallet.

Edited by big F

Love the pic. Also, wouldn't be polite to ask the Mgr, for some shots? After all, you can say that you are advertising for overseas patrons.

425639[/snapback]

You could try

I asked in one of the Yodabashi camera stores in Shinjuku, the sales guy was cool about it even offered to open the case to reduce the flash...... But the manager was not so cool shall we say. He just said No.. Sorry No camera Please, and then shouted at the sales guy in Japanese so fast I couldnt tell what he was saying.

Agent GHQ Did you just get recently your self a mint in box 1/55 Super O by chance ? :D

Edited by big F

Love the pic. Also, wouldn't be polite to ask the Mgr, for some shots? After all, you can say that you are advertising for overseas patrons.

425639[/snapback]

You could try

I asked in one of the Yodabashi camera stores in Shinjuku, the sales guy was cool about it even offered to open the case to reduce the flash...... But the manager was not so cool shall we say. He just said No.. Sorry No camera Please, and then shouted at the sales guy in Japanese so fast I couldnt tell what he was saying.

Agent GHQ Did you just get recently your self a mint in box 1/55 Super O by chance ? :D

425676[/snapback]

Yeah it was ABC. ;)

Man there was alot of cool stuff all over Akihabara but they really are anal about taking pictures. Stealing shots makes me feel like i'm shop lifting.

Yeah it was ABC. ;)

Man there was alot of cool stuff all over Akihabara but they really are anal about taking pictures. Stealing shots makes me feel like i'm shop lifting.

425990[/snapback]

See if the pics are good without the flash. They don't need to know.

:p

Well, I just today picked up the woodland camo Valk.

So...the GBP armour will cost about $200 with shipping to australia. thats ALOT for a set of armour. so convince me guys, is it goignt o be worthwhile doing?

426090[/snapback]

If you don't allready own the normal GBP then it's worth it.

I personally preffer the normal GBP colors to these allthough these are nice too.

If it wasn't for the VF-0S/A, Angel Birds, YF-19 etc. coming, I'd get a Woodland Cammo GBP.

Well, I just today picked up the woodland camo Valk.

So...the GBP armour will cost about $200 with shipping to australia. thats ALOT for a set of armour. so convince me guys, is it goignt o be worthwhile doing?

426090[/snapback]

If you don't allready own the normal GBP then it's worth it.

I personally preffer the normal GBP colors to these allthough these are nice too.

If it wasn't for the VF-0S/A, Angel Birds, YF-19 etc. coming, I'd get a Woodland Cammo GBP.

426096[/snapback]

Also, you got to consider that it's slightly cheaper, and probably made with a lot more plastic, if not equal.

this one is slightly cheaper? like the cost is cheaper, or made of cheaper crap but still going to cost a fortune?

And see, I have an 0S and an 0A on order, as well as a set of FAST packs for my 1S, so thats already about $650 i have rgight there. it has to be REALLY good to be worth grabbing for me...

425593[/snapback]

I was just there this past week myself, I only know a few words of Japanese and had no idea about the picture policy. I went into an arcade/gambling joint there and tried to take some pictures of one of those Gundam arcade card machine tournaments, we have nothing like that where I live, jesus, you would have thought I was trying to take pictures of a nude celebrity or something, suddenly about 4 security guys come leaping from behind machines making "X's" with their arms shouting. Oops!

So I was afraid to take pictures of the Angel Birds / Camo GBP displays but I saw the same ones. I wish we had stores like those within a couple hours of my house, the wall of Valk boxes in that ABC / LOAX stores had me drooling. Tokyo was a total sensory overload, what a fun trip.

Well, shipping is usually calculated by weigh and dimensions. I havent lifted the GBP armour, but i figure that in boz we're probably only looking at 2 kilos. However i have heard everywhere how big the box is, which means it will dim out higher.

so 95 US is $125 at todays exchange rate. say about $25/30 aussie to ship and we're looking at $150 or so.

Im still thinkign about it, but Im not sold just yet :)

I ont have any armor yet for my 1/48th's, but I really like what I am seeing with the LV2 armor. I will deifnetly get this but will probably put it on my CF. I like the paint shceme of the LV2 to much to cover it up.

Do you mean the camo gbp 1s and the angel birds vf1a coming this friday, because the vf0a is going to be until september 2006 :p