Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

It is easier to look more muscular when you are shorter, it is just a matter of proportion.  It makes me question all reported measurements, supposedly Arnold had 21 inch biceps, that is like legs on most people.  And knowing how tall he is after seeing him, I doubt it.

I don't know man, look at your Austrian Oak pics, dude's biceps were MASSIVE back then, freakishly so, and I thought he was big when he did Conan, sheesh!.

Nice Butt,,,,,,,,,,yeah, he must work out <_<

research time, come on YAHOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by pfunk

omg! this makes me taller than Arnold too! i'm 5-11 as well (official Air Force examination proved it!)

That means you are probably taller.

The Army always used to tell me at every weigh in, that I am 5' 8.75", but I was measured taller than that before, and after the Army, so hmmmm.

Personally, I think they shaved an inch off of everyone to bump you down into the next lowest weight bracket, and keep you wafer thin.

Tom Cruise is like 5'6"

When wearing platform shoes...

(as Chris Farley said in Tommy Boy: "Him's just a widdle guy!" :p )

nice sig from Mad Max, thats one of my favorite movies,,,,,my buddie ussed to call my S10 v8, "the last of the v8's"

Whats he 5'4"

you know what really sucks is that there won't be a true lies sequel. that is a movie that should have ahd one. Jamie Lee Curtis said she wouldn't do one because "terrorists aren't funny". oh, what could have been. <_< More Eliza Dushku!!! ;)

They need to do a new movie and say the wife was killed. Make the Governator kill some people in his good old fashioned way. And he can court someone else while not telling her, thus maybe reproducing some of the fun stuff from the original... And definately more Eliza Dushku. :)

FaaaAAAAAK!  So much for another Arnie-helmed Conan film anytime soon!!! :(

No kidding. :angry: Apparently they're already talking about T4 going ahead without him, and his abscence from Hollywood will hardly help King Conan get the green light anytime soon.

T4? It ain't T without Arnold. <_<

In Reese's flashback from the original Terminator movie, that Terminator didn't look anything like Arnold. I think they used different ones now and then and after the first one, the "Arnold" versions were probably special models meant specifically for John Conner.

I rather like the idea I read a year or two ago that hinted T3 might have the *human* that Arnold's Terminator was based off of. Make it something tragic. Older hero of the resistance maybe slightly out of his prime, but copied by the machines first to undermine and then to demoralize.

And I liked T3. Especially the ending.

Edited by Uxi

No kidding. :angry: Apparently they're already talking about T4 going ahead without him, and his abscence from Hollywood will hardly help King Conan get the green light anytime soon.

In Reese's flashback from the original Terminator movie, that Terminator didn't look anything like Arnold. I think they used different ones now and then and after the first one, the "Arnold" versions were probably special models meant specifically for John Conner.

I rather like the idea I read a year or two ago that hinted T3 might have the *human* that Arnold's Terminator was based off of. Make it something tragic. Older hero of the resistance maybe slightly out of his prime, but copied by the machines first to undermine and then to demoralize.

Actually that works perfectly for the third version, since they sent the specific Terminator to assasinate John Connor. In T2 the T-100 was captured and reprogrammed (IIRC). Also, there was an interview with Stan Winston where he said they ALL looked like Arnold, he was talking about that assembly line trailer from T-2, where he says "I'm back."

Has anyone seen the T-2 3D at the Universal Tour? Haven't caught it, been meaning too... just wondering about the storyline.

No offense, but to like the ending to T3, you pretty much have to ignore T2's message, since they're basically contradictory.

Not to mention the lame cliches and sight gags in place of T2's darker stories and T1's classic on-liners. Oh, yeah, and the fact that the supposed brilliant leader of humanity in the future is whiney sissy? After T3, I'd expect the brilliant leader of humanity to be the vet.

Sorry... T3 had a nice car chase with the fire truck, and that's about it.

Anybody seen The Rundown yet with The Rock? Pretty good movie, similar in style to the older Arnie comedy/action movies. But teh Rock comes off as a nicer guy and more of an underdog.

I mention it because Arnie makes a cameo near the beginning of the movie.

I saw the Rundown, and I really liked it! In fact, I'll probably buy the DVD when it comes out.

Yeah, I'd say that the Rock is a better actor that people give him credit for. I could buy him as Conan, but probably not a Terminator. Not to mention that Sean William Scott is hilarious, both on camera and off (did you see him on Leno when he kept flirting with Leno's second guest? Good times...), and Christopher Walken is just brilliant.

I saw the Rundown, and I really liked it! In fact, I'll probably buy the DVD when it comes out.

Yeah, I'd say that the Rock is a better actor that people give him credit for. I could buy him as Conan, but probably not a Terminator. Not to mention that Sean William Scott is hilarious, both on camera and off (did you see him on Leno when he kept flirting with Leno's second guest? Good times...), and Christopher Walken is just brilliant.

Yeah, my friend and I walked out of the theatre like "WTF? That movie was too good to star a pro-wrestler." It definately helped The Rock had SWS and Walken in the movie, took some of the burden off of him to "carry" the entire film. I coudl see him as Conan easy, but the Terminator seems weird.

Howabout that monologue by Walken about the peopel sneaking into his room and stealing his teeth? That was hilarious, it was like he was doing a praody of himself.

I've been eye-to-eye with the man, 5'9 or 5'10.

Actually, I would have to agree with the Agent1. It is after all possible to fool the public, makes numerous movies, stage appearences and lie on your bodybuilding resume and have no one figure out that you actually shorter in real life.

No offense, but to like the ending to T3, you pretty much have to ignore T2's message, since they're basically contradictory.

T2: We can change the future. T3: Kinda, but you're wrong. To like the ending of T2 you have to ignore the fact that if they stopped judgement day, then there would be no reason to send Kyle back to save John's mom from the first terminator. Thus; ending his existence a la Back to the Future. (That's not to say that I am an expert on time travel, for the timeline had already been altered, thus taking it in another direction without being erased... parallel timelines come into play there though, but I'm going with the simplest explaination.)

Not to mention the lame cliches and sight gags in place of T2's darker stories and T1's classic on-liners.  Oh, yeah, and the fact that the supposed brilliant leader of humanity in the future is whiney sissy?  After T3, I'd expect the brilliant leader of humanity to be the vet.

Lame cliches and sight gags? T2 had plenty, I suggest you go back and watch again. T2 didn't really have any darker a story than T3, it the most touchy feely of the Terminator movies. I thought T3 was wonderful for being more related to the roots of the series. As for John Connor being a whiney sissy, he just didn't want the future that was ascribed to him. I think he summed it up pretty well, by saying that in order for him to do the greatest thing ever for humanity, he'd have to let something terrible happen. You also see that he does take up his responsibility in the end of T3 when he picks up that radio. See, that's called character development...

Sorry... T3 had a nice car chase with the fire truck, and that's about it.

Oh come on, you can boil anything down like that. T2 had some shiny cg and arnold with a minigun, and that's about it. But see, both of those statements sell the films short. They're both excellent movies and I for one love them both dearly.

I'm not trying to get to to change your opinion, but perhaps some elements needed clarification for you. But to each his own.

As for Terminator 4, I don't think they even need Arnold anymore. They could just do the war in the future and have a bunch of endoskeletons running around. I really hope they do this because I would LOVE to have the series come full circle.

Max is right about T3. It was more like a direct sequel to the original Terminator than a sequel to T2. And what was wrong with John Connor? Of course he wasn't a badass...he was still a freakin' kid! This is the same argument people use against Anakin Skywalker. Why is it so difficult to believe that these characters weren't always like we saw them in their respective original films, that they grow into their respective roles? At the very end of T3 we see John finally embrace his destiny as mankind's leader, so where's the problem?

a film about the war against the machines in the future would rock. and Max is right, they don't even need arnold for that (though it would be nice).

The might do him in CG! Or he may do a camio just to kill Conner at the last min.

Latest on T3 from Darkhorizons.com:

Terminator 4: 'BotBot' has some interesting stuff on another sequel with someone else at mind now Arnie's the Governor - "There have been meetings to talk about a T4 recently. T3 wasn't a smash - but it made enough to get the gang fluttering over it's potential as a new franchise. Not surprisingly, the latest is that it might be without Arnold. He apparently has said that he could do a cameo toward the start or end of the film, but his other commitments would make it near impossible for him to headline it. There's talk of bringing in another big name to headline it, Arnold's apparently suggested Dwayne Johnson. Arnold did a cameo in Dwayne's latest flick - and has put in a good word for the wrestler cum action star. I know they want to get Linda Hamilton back for a bizarre dream sequence. I think she'll come around - if only because Jon Mostow's not directing. I predict it'll happen for Summer 2005 against Bat and Indy over at P'mount. A rock/T4 might just work".

How many of you guys follow Arnold's training theories?

Detailed in such books as:

- The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding : The Bible of Bodybuilding, Fully Updated and Revised

- ARNOLD : THE EDUCATION OF A BODYBUILDER

- The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding : The Bible of Bodybuilding, Fully Updated and Revised

I ussed too, super sets and stuff like that, not anymore, I'm allmost 30 and quit working out about 4yrs ago. I am going to get back into it, more cardio than anything. I felt better when i did that then just heavy lifting. plus i blew my knees out during that time.

I usually have a smart-ass quip after I shoot a string of targets. Does that count?

Hey, all gun owners have used one of Arnie's smart ass quips when shooting... it's what makes us gun owners! :p

Yes, exspecially with the DE .50

Being next to him in person was a letdown, sorta. His presence is Jesus Christ-ish, but in every dimention (width of shoulders, height, wieght) I am bigger than him and I am no monster. I am 6' 200 Lbs.

Y'know, you're right.

If you go to this link:

http://www.joinarnold.com/en/press/imagecenter.php

And look at the images, Arnold really does look downright thin compared to alot of the people he is standing next to. Maybe it's just the suits, but he looks almost slight in stature.

Judging by those pics, and what we know (having seen in his films) I would say that he is not a very big guy at all, just VERY defined.

Strange...and a bit of a letdown, one of my childhood heroes turns out to be human after all.... :(

When I was working at McDonnnalds, this guy I worked with came in one day with the Encyclopedia. I thought it was for fun, but he went thru that book.

Being next to him in person was a letdown, sorta.  His presence is Jesus Christ-ish, but in every dimention (width of shoulders, height, wieght) I am bigger than him and I am no monster.  I am 6' 200 Lbs.

Y'know, you're right.

If you go to this link:

http://www.joinarnold.com/en/press/imagecenter.php

And look at the images, Arnold really does look downright thin compared to alot of the people he is standing next to. Maybe it's just the suits, but he looks almost slight in stature.

Judging by those pics, and what we know (having seen in his films) I would say that he is not a very big guy at all, just VERY defined.

Strange...and a bit of a letdown, one of my childhood heroes turns out to be human after all.... :(

yep.

Here he is next to a thin guy, Bill Simon who is on Arnold's right. Bill is 5' 10, 160 Lbs and Arnold has lifts in his shoes. (I don't know the dark hair guy)

ic054large.jpg

I ussed too, super sets and stuff like that, not anymore, I'm allmost 30 and quit working out about 4yrs ago. I am going to get back into it, more cardio than anything. I felt better when i did that then just heavy lifting. plus i blew my knees out during that time.

My problem with his training that is laid out in his books and articles is the lack of scientific justification and results tracking. There are a great deal of words there but no eye for constant improvment. I have followed Mike Mentzer's training principals because of its scientific approach, which is totally contradictory to Arnold's principals on stimulation and recovery.

Has anyone seen the T-2 3D at the Universal Tour? Haven't caught it, been meaning too... just wondering about the storyline.

It's basically a direct sequel (of sorts) to T2. IIRC (been awhile), you're visitors at Cyberdyne. They have a rep who talks down to u as a bunch of the great unwashed on a tour of their facility. As it happens, Sara & John Connor do a terrorist raid on the facility. But the T1000 comes and attacks them during it. Arnold's terminator comes, of course, to save the day again. They get caught in some sort of temporal thing that sends them to them to the future at the same place (IIRC), Cyberdyne where Skynet is housed (IIRC, in contradiction to T3's unlocalized 'iNt4rW3B' Skynet). Um... then the "T-X" is some sort of T1000 that's huge and more like an octopus. Arnold's terminator manages to blow it up (along with Skynet), which happily sends the audience (and Sara & John) back to where they came from.

Basically its' similar to T2. John is kinda brave (or lost) and the Terminator keeps protecting him while they're being pursued by the T1000. Then they go from the frying pan into the fire (first to exoskeleton infantry types then to the T-X). They have screen clips of the "real" actors telling stuff to the audience while the stunt-extra's lip-synch and run around.

Has anyone seen the T-2 3D at the Universal Tour?  Haven't caught it, been meaning too... just wondering about the storyline.

It's basically a direct sequel (of sorts) to T2. IIRC (been awhile), you're visitors at Cyberdyne. They have a rep who talks down to u as a bunch of the great unwashed on a tour of their facility. As it happens, Sara & John Connor do a terrorist raid on the facility. But the T1000 comes and attacks them during it. Arnold's terminator comes, of course, to save the day again. They get caught in some sort of temporal thing that sends them to them to the future at the same place (IIRC), Cyberdyne where Skynet is housed (IIRC, in contradiction to T3's unlocalized 'iNt4rW3B' Skynet). Um... then the "T-X" is some sort of T1000 that's huge and more like an octopus. Arnold's terminator manages to blow it up (along with Skynet), which happily sends the audience (and Sara & John) back to where they came from.

Basically its' similar to T2. John is kinda brave (or lost) and the Terminator keeps protecting him while they're being pursued by the T1000. Then they go from the frying pan into the fire (first to exoskeleton infantry types then to the T-X). They have screen clips of the "real" actors telling stuff to the audience while the stunt-extra's lip-synch and run around.

:blink::wacko:

Sounds supremely lame.