Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

Wait...there's TWO dub tracks for Hercules? I've never heard of this before. Is the real Arnold track a modern invention, or is it a "period" voice over?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

I'm 99% sure Arnold's voice work is from when the movie was shot because his Austrian accent is a little stronger here, but considering he had hardly been in the US up to that point, I thought he did quite well.

Just saw Pumping Iron. What a great movie!  :p

Glad you liked it! It is obvious when watching that movie that his success is no accident.

Thanks arnold to make people believe that being big == having strength :(

What do you mean? Being big DOES mean having strength. I mean with certain steriods you can have a greater cellular volumization due to water retention druing a cycle, but it is a well known fact that a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle. Here is a picture of my back, the only reason it looks like that is I do HEAVY deadlifts, partials actually with 1500 Lbs.

i meant the bad confusion between body builder and power litfter. of course you must lift heavy to get strong. very heavy with few repetitions. i remember arnold saying something like how exiting it was when it hurts, to feel the hypertrophi is almost an orgasm ...

how course you can't have strength if you re skinny but the gay attitude to just workout visible muscle, specific excercise for a specific muscle, like to pump biceps and wear small size pink t-shirt : total bullshit.

it may be the fault of the 80s and not arnold but for me he puts ahead the gay body builder body type. btw I respect a lot the guys who compete in the world strongest man events.

A1 , deadlift with 1500 lbs wtf ?! are you sure that it's really 1500 lbs ? I'd congratulate you for just half of it.

I was allways under the asumption bigger wasn't stronger, low rep high weight, moving up in weight after each set will get larger mass and obviuoslly steroid ussers use this technique. thier are certain individuals that in strength training they do 5 sets high reps moving down in weight. My 1st time heavy working out I ussed this technique. Second recentlt I started working out to gain muscle mass, in 3 sets low reps moving up a lot in weight between sets and it really showed fast larger and in quicker time then before.

Now this is personally for me and others will be different. not including ideas of muscle memory and age (8 yrs apart)

I felt a lot healther when I was working out with a high number of sets and it seemed to stick a lot longer (mentabolism, strenght and energy) although recently I was able to lift heavier and looked a lot bigger. before body fat was really low, now its a bit higher,,, age, Im not sure, not to mention after working out now, my joints hurt more then they did,,, (friggin skull crushers)

I really think I want to get back into the higher reps/sets lower weight, instead of trying to look big and have denser mass instead of more mass

my 3 cents :)

Anyone in this thread read EGM, and see the current issue's Vs? For those who aren't familiar, every issue they have a small vs. box where they have a game go up against something that sounds like the game (my personal favorite was Donkey Kong Jungle Beat vs. Beating a Donkey in the Jungle).

The current match was Star Wars: Republic Commando vs. Arnold in Commando. A1, you'll be happy to know that Arnold won by a large margin.

I've been thinking about buying Hercules Goes to New York on DVD, but I'm wondering, does it come with the original dialogue (not Arnie re-dubbing his own voice)? That version was funny as hell.

"A fine chariot, but where are the horses?"

Nope, its the honkey country club dub, or the OAK redub (which is hilarious)... Thats it.

I bought theHercules in New York DVD over a year ago and it has BOTH dubs - the "Arnold Strong" voiceover and the track with Arnold's real voice.

No dude, neither audio track is the orininal.

There are 2 audio tracks (both are dubs):

- One was used for the original theatrical release and it sounds like some newscaster.

- The other is Arnold RE-DUBBING the movie. IE, it was done years later when his english was better. (this track is great)

The original audio was just horrible, Arnold didn't speak more than a few words of english, and it was just done with the intention of dubbing anyway. Nobody has seen more than just a clip of it because it wasn't released anywhere. You can hardly understand him.

A1 , deadlift with 1500 lbs wtf ?! are you sure that it's really 1500 lbs ? I'd congratulate you for just half of it.

Its a maximum static contraction, but yeah, 1500. I don't train full range anymore. There are greater benifits if you limit your range of motion.

• 2 weeks later...
All athletes should start using steroids so everyone would stop bitching about it. Afterall, if EVERYONE is using it, it's no longer illegal.

I think you meant "unfair."

On a somewhat-related note, I always thought that California was kind of dumb to vote in Arnold when I don't think he's ever played a politician, much less be that active in it. Until my college elected a Pirate Captain for Student Body President, on the basis that he was...a pirate. <_< Glad I'm graduating this year. But all the same, you should check out his website, it's quite amusing.

The Pirate Captain

On a somewhat-related note, I always thought that California was kind of dumb to vote in Arnold when I don't think he's ever played a politician, much less be that active in it. ...

You need to learn more about Arnold man. He has been politically active since the early 80's.

And this thread is to discuss his greatness in movies and as a hero to so many... It isn't about his politics.

Hey Agent One did you hear about the Arnold impersonator that appeared on the Howard Stern radio show agreeing with Stern to blow up the moon to end PMS? I heard the show and quickly realized it was fake. Stern said if the moon was destroyed we wouldn't have any tidal waves and these waves would stop manipulating women's menstril cycles. Fake Arnold responded that women would stop bitchin' and moanin'. Also, Fake Arnold said if he couldn't get the bill passed he would go the moon and destroy it himself. This is the kicker, a British newspaper covered the story and also MSNBC believed it was the real Arnold.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Hey Agent One did you hear about the Arnold impersonator that appeared on the Howard Stern radio show agreeing with Stern to blow up the moon to end PMS? I heard the show and quickly realized it was fake. Stern said if the moon was destroyed we wouldn't have any tidal waves and these waves would stop manipulating women's menstril cycles. Fake Arnold responded that women would stop bitchin' and moanin'. Also, Fake Arnold said if he couldn't get the bill passed he would go the moon and destroy it himself. This is the kicker, a British newspaper covered the story and also MSNBC believed it was the real Arnold.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Thats awesome!

Yeah, that Arnold impersonator they have on the Stern show is really good! I believe they had him talk with some female politico for a bit one time and they had her believing it was the real Arnlod as well... funny stuff! :lol:

Arnold is greater than anything ever, see:

The Star Wars series is awesome, it has the greatest vilan ever created, that being Darth Vader, who was played by James Earl Jones. Darth was never defeated, even when he died it was more of a suicide to save his son. In fact James Earl Jones has never been defeated in any movie, except one... Conan the Barbarian where SCHWARZENEGGER chopped his head off and threw it down the stairs like a bowling ball... Thats right Arnold killed Darth Vader, therefore: SCHWARZENEGGER OWNZ STAR WARS.

The Godfather was a pretty nifty series too, it was about an Itilian mob family, the Corleones. The Corleon family was kinda tough but they were nuthin compared to the mob family that stared in the movie Raw Deal... Now THAT family was tough as nails. Of course Arnold killed them all, like 75 of em, then got the chick and smoked a cigar. Therefore SCHWARZENEGGER OWNS THE GODFATHER.

The Road Warrior was a great movie!

Actually not so much, it was just a post apochalyptic movie, where gay men with assless chaps who think they are tough rule the worthless desert... Sounds like an M7 convention! HAHAHA, anyway, the only real post apochalyptic movie we have ever seen was the Terminator, I mean come on, in the world of Mad Max we don't even have an idea of how they got there. Not really belevible. So not evel looking at which film is better, lets just ask ourselves which is more of a threat, an assless chap wearin mowhawk havin, fairy M7 fan, or an unstopable cybernetic organism that will stop at nothing untill his directives are met... Once again: SCHWARZENEGGER OWNZ MAD MAX

The Road Warrior was a great movie!

Actually not so much, it was just a post apochalyptic movie, where gay men with assless chaps who think they are tough rule the worthless desert... Sounds like an M7 convention! HAHAHA, anyway, the only real post apochalyptic movie we have ever seen was the Terminator, I mean come on, in the world of Mad Max we don't even have an idea of how they got there. Not really belevible. So not evel looking at which film is better, lets just ask ourselves which is more of a threat, an assless chap wearin mowhawk havin, fairy M7 fan, or an unstopable cybernetic organism that will stop at nothing untill his directives are met... Once again: SCHWARZENEGGER OWNZ MAD MAX

Sure we have an idea of how they got there, the old guy explains it in the brief narrative at the very beginning. Worldwide war (presumably non-nuclear) has exhausted nearly all the world's oil supplies, and technology has been reduced to whatever remnants can be patched up or gerry-rigged. That's why the nomads wanted that compound so bad; it was like the last place on Earth (or in Oz) that could produce "gasoline, that precious juice" for their vehicles. I guess Wez was just so mean, he would take what he wanted--even his lovin--from whatever was on hand; note the "Sheilas" are decidedly in the minority out there in the wasteland. Now, the ass-patches in the pants thing? well, I won't even venture a guess as to that one....

There is a disturbing reference to homosexual undertones in the first movie too. When Toecutter and the gang chase down the kids in the old Chev and ravage the car; while we don't see it, I think it's inferred that the girl wasn't the only one raped by the bikers. I guess it was the director's intent as part of the "shock value" of the films, showing it as one of the symptoms of the "depravity" or "lack of decency" of the bad guys, i.e. "these guys are so bad, they'll kill, steal, rape women and men, etc. etc...."

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess all the Kahleefoanian MWers have heard yet, but Arnold just threw his hat into the ring for a second term.

I guess all the Kahleefoanian MWers have heard yet, but Arnold just threw his hat into the ring for a second term.

329028[/snapback]

There was never a doubt in my mind... Arnold is unbeatable. I don't care what his approval rating is, he will dominate.

Governator bans junk food in high schools

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed legislation to ban some junk foods from California high schools, in an effort to stem child obesity.

"We are going to terminate obesity in California once and for all," the former bodybuilder and actor said.

The new laws extend to high schools a ban on soft drinks already in place at primary schools.

New limits on fat and sugar content have also been set for vending-machine snacks and food sold in school stores.

Federal nutrition standards currently cover the lunches served by most state-funded schools.

Healthy options

Mr Schwarzenegger signed the bills after walking 1km (0.62 miles) with bicycle racing champion Lance Armstrong and hundreds of schoolchildren.

"California is facing an obesity epidemic," Mr Schwarzenegger said. "Today we are taking some first steps in creating a healthy future for California."

Under the new rules, pizza, burritos, pasta and sandwiches must contain no more than four grams of fat for every 100 calories, with a total of no more than 400 calories.

From 2007, students will only be allowed to buy water, milk and some fruit and sports drinks that contain a controlled amount of sweeteners.

It is thought that the move could cost school districts hundreds of thousands of dollar in lost income, as they receive money from companies in return for allowing them to sell their products in schools.

Susan Neely, president of the American Beverage Association, called the soda ban "unnecessary", and said that students would have been better served by a voluntary programme.

School nutritionists have welcomed the changes.

"We won't be selling 10oz (283g) burritos at 700 calories and shouldn't be," Marty Marshall, legislation chairwoman of the California School Nutrition Association, told the Los Angeles Times newspaper.

arnoldcheetos4nx.jpg

That's the real problem with America; not trying to get too political or anything, but we're too busy trying to alienate children from the difficult decisions of life instead of instructing and encoraging them to overcome them. That's what makes them into weak girly men.

That's the real problem with America; not trying to get too political or anything, but we're too busy trying to alienate children from the difficult decisions of life instead of instructing and encoraging them to overcome them.  That's what makes them into weak girly men.

329246[/snapback]

Get more specific. Sounds interesting.

Man, I think it's reaching an unacceptable level. I know this is anecdotal but, there are fat kids everywhere. I'm really ashamed that there are so many fat people in this country. My extended family is a bunch of fat slobs and it just hurts me to see them like that.

I applaud the governer for doing something about the obesity issue.

• 5 months later...
The pic on the right is a fake, it isn't Arnold.

371980[/snapback]

For his sake I hope so, cause it doesn't look like much of a Terminator to me.

Although even Arnold will have to face the truth about ageing someday.

EDIT: And Agent One will have to face the truth about the ageing of Arnold someday. :p

371988[/snapback]

Arnold will age like Wine, he just gets better.

As much as I don't want to admit it [say it ain't so, Arnold! say it ain't so!], I believe it is in fact Arnold. IIRC, there's another pic in this thread[?] that's full length [i think Arnie's in speedo's no less--yikes! :o ].

I'm no expert on photo manipulation by any means, but I don't think the technology's progressed quite far enough [at least, what's available commercially] to make the editing seamless enough to be completely convincing. There are still little things, cues that give the fakes away, but I don't see them here. The evidence is in the muscular and bone structure--even his navel--in that they correspond. No, I don't want it to be so either; but I'm not going to hold it against Arnold. The man's nearly 60, ferchrissakes; and he doesn't exactly have the time to lift at the competitive level that'd be necessary to keep his muscle tone at the level it was say, 20+ years ago. Damn! It's hard to believe the greats like Conan and Predator have been out that long!