Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

FaaaAAAAAK!  So much for another Arnie-helmed Conan film anytime soon!!! :(

No kidding. :angry: Apparently they're already talking about T4 going ahead without him, and his abscence from Hollywood will hardly help King Conan get the green light anytime soon.

Fortunately he can do the next Conan after he is done with being the Governor. He doesn't need to look young to play that role.

Fortunately he can do the next Conan after he is done with being the Governor. He doesn't need to look young to play that role.

Yeah, but at the rate this project is moving, I'll be old enough to play King Conan. If we're lucky he'll only grow into the roll, like Eastwood did before he made Unforgiven.

No kidding. :angry: Apparently they're already talking about T4 going ahead without him, and his abscence from Hollywood will hardly help King Conan get the green light anytime soon.

T4? It ain't T without Arnold. <_<

Box office numbers aside, I never really understood why they made the terminators from the same mold. I mean, if I was one of those mangy bastards in the future and I saw Arnold, I'd be running the other way faster than fast...

It made sense in the first one when the Terminator infiltrated the cave HQ and blew everyone away, that guy looked nothing like Arnold.

Box office numbers aside, I never really understood why they made the terminators from the same mold. I mean, if I was one of those mangy bastards in the future and I saw Arnold, I'd be running the other way faster than fast...

It made sense in the first one when the Terminator infiltrated the cave HQ and blew everyone away, that guy looked nothing like Arnold.

Realistically, this would be true. But the Terminator is as much Arnold's character as it is Cameron's. I doubt T2 would have made half of it's take without Ah-nuld in the lead role. He's what filled those seats. That's why I have to wonder how successful a T4 would be without him.

Hey BMF!  No politics on MW.

BMF=Big Daym...

Man you're cracking me up, I actually want you to stick around now...

Hey we always need someone to make fun of! Kind of like Danny Devito in Twins or the gay guy in Total Recall.

Box office numbers aside, I never really understood why they made the terminators from the same mold.  I mean, if I was one of those mangy bastards in the future and I saw Arnold, I'd be running the other way faster than fast...

Realistically, this would be true. But the Terminator is as much Arnold's character as it is Cameron's. I doubt T2 would have made half of it's take without Ah-nuld in the lead role. He's what filled those seats. That's why I have to wonder how successful a T4 would be without him.

No doubt, Arnold IS the Terminator. But I guess we'll find out what kind of box office clout the Terminator series has without him, since the next one got a green light. It's the only property the old Carolco Pics have up their sleeve and they are gonna milk it like crazy.

Hey BMF!  No politics on MW.

BMF=Big Daym...

Man you're cracking me up, I actually want you to stick around now...

Hey we always need someone to make fun of! Kind of like Danny Devito in Twins or the gay guy in Total Recall.

Yes, it's so cool to goad people with jibes that pass below the radar until they blow up, so you can turn the tables on them and claim they "started it".

Edited by ewilen

dramaqueen.jpg

We treat you Reich! :lol:

Seriously folks, if you get this pissed about trivial matters like a thread on a cartoon message board, no matter if it is political or not, you really need to put that pistol to your head and end it now because real life is going to be really hard for you. You'd best avoid any other forms of media like print, television, movies or conversation as people everywhere inject things like politics into everything... sometimes you can fight back other times you can't. Don't get all pissy and storm out in a hail of drama because one little thing urks you.

Bide your time, wait and plan... counterstrikes can be so emotionally fullfilling.

Too true. Too true.

But take Js's advice and just chill. If you keep getting pissed off and offended over trivial crap on these forums, you'll soon be branded the above title. It happened with another person on here about 4 or 5 months ago and she became basically ostricized by mods and members alike.

There near the end, before she just decided to leave MW for good, no one really took anything she posted seriously. Her posts were either attacked by trolls at every chance or just outright ignored altogether; all because she had been branded a drama queen, attention whore, etc. And the sad part of the whole affair is that she had been one of MW's better denizens way back in the day. :(

Just take it easy. :) So what if there is a double standard here? We all know that it's been that way since these forums have existed. The mods pick and choose what content is acceptable and what isn't...that's their job.

So here's my offer...

Everyone meet up at the Kindest Cut Steakhouse. Dinner and a bottle of sakie is on me! Have a seat, order a 76 oz. medium-rare porterhouse and set our differences and frustrations aside. ;) (Just make sure you're all off duty at the time! :blink: )

dramaqueen.jpg

We treat you Reich! :lol:

Seriously folks, if you get this pissed about trivial matters like a thread on a cartoon message board, no matter if it is political or not, you really need to put that pistol to your head and end it now because real life is going to be really hard for you. You'd best avoid any other forms of media like print, television, movies or conversation as people everywhere inject things like politics into everything... sometimes you can fight back other times you can't. Don't get all pissy and storm out in a hail of drama because one little thing urks you.

Bide your time, wait and plan... counterstrikes can be so emotionally fullfilling.

Thats funny TIHS! GO ARNOLD!!! GO CALI!!! Hey I dont even live thier, but someone payed me to say that, Its my hidden agenda. Good lord man, Dont leave the house and go into the "real" world. Thats what makes the internet great, Freedom of speech, Thats why I live in America man. I dont see any problem with this thread, my avatar on the other hand <_< .

---------gets off soapbox-------

-------heres one person in a croud of hundreds clap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Goes home and cries himself to sleep <_< :rolleyes:

Do you guys think of True Lies as an action movie or an espoinage movie?

BSU: Nah, not the Rock.

its a comedy with action. good stuff. who would have known Eliza Dushku would get so hot??

Action Flick. It's too Un-serious to be espionage...Holy Crap...Eliza Dushku...never realized that 'til now!

Go ARNIE WOOHOO!!

Speaking of "The Rock"...Although "The Rundown" wasn't a bad movie, it may be considered a largely unsuccessful movie based on it's current earnings...and with Kill Bill coming out this weekend along with some other movies over the next weekends, it may be considered a big flop.

Total as of Oct. 7, 2003: $33,991,985

Production Budget: $85 million

Est. Marketing Costs: $25 million

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=dail...&id=rundown.htm

$33 mill in 2 weeks is pretty decent. Don't forget about overseas release, DVD sales and all that other junk.

True...True....You bring up a VERY good point. I'm trying to find a source of information on DVD sales for previous movies, anyone know one? BoxOfficeMojo usually lists overseas profits when everthing's done. However, at best (LOTR: Two Towers), previous overseas releases have about 1.7 times the profit of domestic releases (LOTR: TT Total as of Aug. 24, 2003: $339,789,881+ Overseas Gross: $580,595,184). "The Rundown" is no "Two Towers", but you may be right, it may pull of a profit after all if DVD sales are good. As for Arnold, he made a killing overseas!

Terminator 3:

Total as of Oct. 7, 2003: $150,276,096 + Overseas Gross: $273.6 million

Production Budget: $200 million

Est. Marketing Costs: $40 million

Making T3 a huge success. But whether "The Rock" has as great an International appeal as my new governor remains yet to be seen...(I really doubt it though) :p

I am so pissed off that this whole thread has been a double standard as far as the treatment to me and other members here about this entire thread. Good for you guys. Its nice to see that some people are favored over others, that some of us are more equal than the rest. That the "Mods" can write the rules, preech the rules, and then throw them out the door for a friend. Thank you for opening my eyes to the uselessness of trying to speak my mind. I am outraged, sickened and will now leave this forum for good.

The internet is a big place, and there are other places I can go. None of you seem to understand how offended I am at the treatment of this thread. It nice to be in another country and not care or another state, but I am compeltely disgusted with this entire thread to the point that I don't need to be here anymore.

Give everybody a big old hand for driving off a member of the community.

Shut the f*** up and get off our board. Nobody is ruining the thread but you. Everyone else stopped.... but noooooo we've got a drama queen with a big mouth.

No politics. Bottom line, you brought em up... so you're the offender. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I am so pissed off that this whole thread has been a double standard as far as the treatment to me and other members here about this entire thread. Good for you guys. Its nice to see that some people are favored over others, that some of us are more equal than the rest. That the "Mods" can write the rules, preech the rules, and then throw them out the door for a friend. Thank you for opening my eyes to the uselessness of trying to speak my mind. I am outraged, sickened and will now leave this forum for good.

The internet is a big place, and there are other places I can go. None of you seem  to understand how offended I am at the treatment of this thread. It nice to be in another country and not care or another state, but I am compeltely disgusted with this entire thread to the point that I don't need to be here anymore.

Give everybody a big old hand for driving off a member of the community.

Shut the f*** up and get off our board. Nobody is ruining the thread but you. Everyone else stopped.... but noooooo we've got a drama queen with a big mouth.

No politics. Bottom line, you brought em up... so you're the offender. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I apologize for getting political earlier and I understood why some of my posts were removed. I commend the mod for keeping things fun here and non-political. After reading this, all I could say is...

post-26-1065663265.jpg

T3 wasn't Terminator with Arnold...

T3 wasn't Terminator with Arnold...

Thats just a technicality. :p