Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

To not allow anybody here to rebuff the the obvious nature of this thread is favoritism of one member over another and communist.

I think you mean facist.

There, that'll get her locked. :p

Seriously though, Agent has posted absolutely no political stuff at all, other members have done that. By your logic Sci Fi Channel showing a whole night of Arnie movies tomorrow night is political propaganda, right? Ease up, bud. Most of us are making fun of Arnold here... I see very few if any support posts other than people saying they liked his movies.

"You can lock this thread...

...BUT AH"LL BEE BACKH!!!"

:D

Relax, BD. Even if you don't like the supposed 'hidden agendas' of this thread, you can still critisize Ahnuld. It's not like everyone in MW lives in California.

Now forgeev me,

I have a headache...

In a nonpartisan vein, I'll comment on the few Arnold movies I've seen.

Terminator--liked it; a good example of early 80's scifi done with what would probably be considered a minuscule budget these days (even adjusted for inflation). Put it in the same class as Alien and The Thing (but I'd say The Thing was the best of the lot).

T2--good sequel, this time with a blockbuster budget.

Kindergarten Cop--liked it, especially with Arnold, surrounded by kids, his eyes bulging, yelling at them to be quiet.

Total Recall--probably my favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, even though Phillip K. Dick fans may be offended by the way the main character was changed. Actually manages to be somewhat cerebral.

This thread can come back at another time, but I want it gone now.

The timing of this thread could have been better.

Nothing against Arnold the actor here -- I liked some of his movies and I think (from media reports) he's an okay person. If nothing else, his movies tend to be entertaining for the sheer *boom* factor.

I would suggest locking this thread for 72 hours and releasing it at the end of the week (and punting it back up to the front page). At that time I believe we can stop reading too much into Agent One's intent and discuss Arnold the man here.

Does it really matter what the "intent" of the thread is?.

You guys are acting as though the whole goddamned world is tuning into Macross World's Other Anime and Science Fiction forum right at this moment, and making their decisions based on this very thread.

The opinions of the 15 or 20 people that have responded to this thread aren't goint to make a lick of difference, how many of you are even IN CALIFORNIA??. I'm not, so my opinion matters not here at all, and that's the point, none of what we say will make a difference in tonight's election.

If you don't like it, or think it's not fair, then start a similar thread about Larry Flynt, or Gary Coleman, or Martin Sargent, or anyone of the other "celebrities" that are running.

If you don't like it, or think it's not fair, then start a similar thread about Larry Flynt, or Gary Coleman, or Martin Sargent, or anyone of the other "celebrities" that are running.

Hey what about Mary Carey??? Equal Time!!!

Does it really matter what the "intent" of the thread is?.

You guys are acting as though the whole goddamned world is tuning into Macross World's Other Anime and Science Fiction forum right at this moment, and making their decisions based on this very thread.

The opinions of the 15 or 20 people that have responded to this thread aren't goint to make a lick of difference, how many of you are even IN CALIFORNIA??.  I'm not, so my opinion matters not here at all, and that's the point, none of what we say will make a difference in tonight's election.

As a matter of fact it does.

Furthermore, whether or not the 'whole goddamned world is tuning into Macross World's Other Anime and Science Fiction form' does not excuse the fact that this IS a political thread.

I don't post my feelings on Organized Religion, Race, or Socio-Economic issues - why should someone else be allowed to post based on a Political agenda that they support? This is an Anime Board, right?

Why emulate what Agent ONE has done and create a thread about another one of the "celebrities" running in the election - to have two wrongs make a right? IMO that is very backwards thinking.

-b.

This reminds me of a thread a saw on gamesfaq.com a few hours ago. It was about the game Otogi, but everyone attacked the kid for having something religious on his sig.

If you don't like the sig.... just disable sigs on your control panel. As for this thread.... let the mods figure out whats appropriate and whats not, because so far, this has been only about Arnold and his movie career(sp). <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

I loved the parody they did on him at crazyshite.com. Arnold's Pizza Shop was the funniest!

Man,how well did Arnie do to get into shape for T3? He had almost everything against him: age (almost a decade since his last Terminator movie), medical history (doctors warned him off heavy lifting after replacing a heart valve) and having six broken ribs from a motorcycle accident after he signed the deal for T3! Yet for the Ladies Night scene he was a good buffed 220 pounds, the same weight he was for his other Terminator movies. What a battler!

PS by the way, there was a parody song on the radio in Australia, it had a someone imititating Arnold Penelope Cruz and Keanu Reeves, frickin funny! The chorus goes something like: 'look on the brighter side of life" or sumthin like that. Does anyone know what the song is called? I really want to download it!

Edited by kensei

I don't think this thread should exist at all. Furthermore, I don't think this political stuff should be allowed to be in anyone's sigs, either. I'm a very politically opinionated person, and yet, I hardly ever express that on MW.

And yet, two mods have posted in this thread, and it remains open.

The only reason this thread has gone off topic is because some people have chosen to let it do so.

The only reason this thread has gone off topic is because some people have chosen to let it do so.

Exactly. Since we're on the subject of interest the polls just closed about forty minutes ago.

It's looks like the Governator is coming to Sacramento.......and I did my job. B)

The real question now is...

WILL HE BE IN TERMINATOR 4?!  B)

I thought I heard he was interested in doing it. but if the plan on doing a future war epic, as was stated the arnold type only needs to show up to kill John so I am willing to bet if he is, it will be only a Cameo.

John: Daddy!

Kate: Ummmmmm John, remember what the terminator told you.

John: I don't care! Give me a hug daddy!!!

Termnator: *Fires gun into John several times* You are terminated

Kate: My god, how did he ever manage to be the leader of the resistance?!?!

Terminator: He's John Conner

Kate: Not anymore.

also think arni can't be president, remember Demolition Man J/k

a future where all restaurant's are taco bell, and arnold is president, god save us.

Edited by GobotFool

Exactly. Since we're on the subject of interest the polls just closed about forty minutes ago.

It's looks like the Governator is coming to Sacramento.......and I did my job. B)

Im gonna get my .02 credits before this closes... ;)

All I can say to Californians is that from the bottom of my heart...from all Floridians....THANK YOU! WE"RE NO LONGER THE GOAT! :lol: