Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

There is to be no political discussion in this thread… It is against the Terms of Use of Macross World

Inspired by the Austrian Oak

post-25-1065546984.jpg

When I was a little kid, in the time period when I stopped chewing on the furniture and started watching Macross, I began to look up certain individuals in society. Of course I borderline worshiped Ronald Reagan, there was another that I looked up to. When I was probably about 7 years someone handed me a Guinness Book of World Records. I was certainly excited about the book, as I liked to laugh at the fat people, however I noticed one page that really caught my interest. The “Best Physique Award” was given to a guy who at the time had just won a few Mr. Olympia competitions. He looked like a God. Almost like a machine (I was too young to have seen Terminator yet, and I am not sure it was even out yet). I showed the page in the book to my Father and asked if Arnold was strong. My Father smiled told me that he saw a movie the year I was born called, “Pumping Iron” and it seemed to him that Arnold was the most powerful man alive. He bought me some books that featured Arnold that focused on the sport of Body Building and for my next birthday I got a weight set. From early on I became dedicated to physical fitness, and had two role models Schwarzenegger for being physically powerful and Reagan for his political power, who knew that Arnold and I shared the admiration for Reagan also.

Arnold has inspired me to push myself physically ever since I really could, he gave me the motivation to get into the gym when I was a skinny kid and brought me to victory in the county wide physical fitness competitions for the Cub Scouts, then the ability to dominate in Wrestling, Swimming, and Track in High School, then to playing college Rugby with a National Championship winning team.

So I wanted responses to this thread to be either discussions of Arnold’s movies, or his career in general, have fun!

There is to be no political discussion in this thread… It is against the Terms of Use of Macross World

Yet, it has a political agenda..... :rolleyes:

Personally I tend to find men who are "over buliking" to be extremely unattractive. Especially with veins being so visible and popping out of the skin. Ewww.

The veins aren't that bad in comparison to TODAY's body builders. The sport hasn't done itself a favor in my opinion becomming comsumed with definition as much as it has. Chemical enhancment is to blame, but it is kind of the nature of the sport unfortunately.

Arnold is the embodiment of the American dream. He came here 35 years ago with quite literally - Nothing. Massive pecs and a dream is pretty much all he had.

Arnold is from a bygone era when people all around the world believed in America, and still saw it as the land of opportunity. Now, people all around the world (and even in the US) view America with distaste, and love to tear us apart every chance they get.

Arnold is one of the only people I have ever seen speak about the American dream, and made me believe in it all over again. Those of us that were born here forget about all the opportunity we have. The only thing that keeps us from being whatever we want to be is our own laziness, envy, spite, and complacency. Those with the disposition to envy, and complain about what they do not have oppose self made people like Arnold, we call them Democrats.

I would vote for him in a heartbeat if he was able to run for President. Article II, Section 1 should be re-written.

Ahem... "political discussion"?

Seriously, before you go dogging liberals, democrats, or whomever... let's face facts. That bygone era you mention was the late1800's/ early 1900's. That's when the American dream meant something to millions of immigrants... Not 1970. Folks around the world have been viewing America with distaste long before 1970.

Let's not make him a saint, okay? He's a bodybuilder, not Fieval. ;)

Arnold seems like a great guy and I have to agree with Max on this one. I like his movies, some more than others, and he generally kicks ass. But I don't expect him to rebirth the American dream or anything.

Favorite Arnie films - Conan the Barbarian, Predator, Total Recall

I really like The Last Action Hero for some reason, not sure why though.

I think it got a bad rap because of that retarted kid they had in it. But hey, I liked Raw Deal, I think I may be the only one that liked that one. Blaine23 is going to blast me for liking that movie ;)

Arnold strikes me the same way as that kid we all knew in high school, you know the one... the guy who's been lifting since he was ten and is stacked with muscles. The same guy who in almost alone every day in the gym... lifting. He's on the football team but he can't do much because he's slow and immobile thanks to all that lifting... he's at all the parties and tries so hard to be a ladies' man but most of the girls won't even talk to him because he is so "ripped" that it puts most of them off.

That same musclebound kid from high school who is dumb as a post somehow got a break... next thing you know he's doing what he did best: showing off for masses of people in competitions. Someone sees some potential in him, that thing the French call a certain je ne sais quoi? He tours countries showing off his muscles... That showing off easily becomes acting and over night he is a sensation. But his time in high school has left him slightly stunted in more ways than one... he is clumsy around women and his newfound fame has him putting his foot in his mouth a lot in his career.

Fast forward to modern day... that guy from high school is now a multi-millionare living in a mansion, married into one of the most influential families in the country, driving a fleet of luxury cars and starring in some of the biggest blockbusters of our time. He still can't act to save his life but people finally accept him for what he is: a big musclebound dynamo. He has a face that people like, more from familiarity than actual knowledge of who he is in real life... we have only seen him on the screen. But his positive attitude is infectious and it opens doors for him in ways none of us would have ever had...

We have all known someone like Arnold, the blessed behemoth.

I really like The Last Action Hero for some reason, not sure why though.

I think it got a bad rap because of that retarted kid they had in it. But hey, I liked Raw Deal, I think I may be the only one that liked that one. Blaine23 is going to blast me for liking that movie ;)

I won't blast you... simply because Raw Deal might be the most fun to say in Ah-nuld dialect.

"Rahw Deahl!"

But it is a terrible flick... :p

Funny how Agent One starts out by saying no political comments, yet we have them anyways. theres other ways to voice displeasure, and i don't think this is one of them.

I admire his work. Raw Deal was okay. i think his best was True Lies, though. maybe Predator.

Yeah, Yeah... Arnold did do some lame ass movies. Junior, is one I actually haven't seen because I don't want to see Arnold like that. :unsure:

Ture Lies, thanks for bringing it up. Who would have thought you could merge the maximum muscle and destruction that is Schwarzenegger with an espionage plot, then throw a family element in there and have a winner!

i liked the movies i saw arnold in, all of the Terminator movies, Total Recall, and a couple others i cant remember off the top of my head.

I hope he wins....

I've always been an admirer of Arnold. There is a non chalant view he has on life that is both arrogant, and refreshing at the same time. After seeng Davis' rally the other day, I think its almost safe to say Arnold has a startlingly good chance of winning. Predator, Total Recall, and True Lies really strike me as his best films. Terminator is great (2 & 3 included), but the previous three really let him do what he does best. Most of his movies are fun. Dirty, guilty, and wholesome fun.

Fav. One Liners:

Total Recall:

"Consider this our divorce" [said as he stares into his dead wife's eyes]

True Lies:

"Here is my invitation" [then detonates an entire shed of useless matter and foils a quiet escape]

"Let the hooker go, she has nothing to do with it." [As terrorists kidnap both him and his wife]

"I'm going to be killing you pretty soon." [after being asked what he plans to do under a truth serum]

Predator:

"Stick around." [After throwing a machete into a guerilla soldier who must have been spotted by Arnold's set of rear eyes]

"Knock knock." [kicks down door and launches a grenade from his M16 into the gut of a man who could be a father]

Seems anyone in Predator can become a politician (Blaine, Billy, and now possibly Dutch!)...Mr. Wethers anyone?

:D:D

Don't you mean Twins, Junior and Sixth Day?

Yeah, that too.

And let's not forget his brilliant performance in Batman and Robin...

Ehverybahdy FREEZE.

Vostok 7

I have 2 for you.... Last Action Hero and Eraser. <_<

You are nuts, Eraser was good.

By the way, do you like ANYTHING!? :blink:

Not trying to pick on ya' but you haven't been that excited about any form of entertainment in months.

Don't you mean Twins, Junior and Sixth Day?

Yeah, that too.

And let's not forget his brilliant performance in Batman and Robin...

Ehverybahdy FREEZE.

Vostok 7

I have 2 for you.... Last Action Hero and Eraser. <_<

You are nuts, Eraser was good.

By the way, do you like ANYTHING!? :blink:

Not trying to pick on ya' but you haven't been that excited about any form of entertainment in months.

Err.... I really did enjoy Commando, Truelies and Predator if that makes you feel any better. :)

And what can I say? Movies don't usually excite me that much. Last movie I say in a theater was Mission IMpossible 2. <_<

I'm hoping this pic is not seen as political, but it's just so darn cool! And what is that? Japanese? WTF? :p

daman.gif

Edit to add: that is one butt ugly tie he has on. He may be able to kick my ass but for god's sake Arnie let your wife dress you! :lol:

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

I'm hoping this pic is not seen as political, but it's just so darn cool! And what is that? Japanese? WTF? :p

daman.gif

Edit to add: that is one butt ugly tie he has on. He may be able to kick my ass but for god's sake Arnie let your wife dress you! :lol:

Yeah, Arnold has never been what I would consider to a "well dressed" man. Kinda makes him more human though.