1/100 Toynami Valks Thread

Vermillion21

anybody else still having problems with the pegs?

both of the "second gen" pegs Toynami sent me have failed.

Instead of the cup splitting the cup broke off from the peg.

this sux

Edited by DeeLux

• 2 weeks later...

The toynami valks are so cheap, I ordered all six of them last night. I think its the best alternative to buying expensive yamato ones if you want to show the valks in all three modes.

The toynami valks are so cheap, I ordered all six of them last night. I think its the best alternative to buying expensive yamato ones if you want to show the valks in all three modes.

I picked up one in Glasgow at the weekend. Had been itching for a new Macross related acquisition, and I wanted a TV Max-type in a decent scale to go with my Banpresto Milia-type ( I needed a third fighter to complete a "flight"). At £15 it wasn't a bad buy at all. If it had been at the price they were _claiming_ it had originally been (£24) I would have balked - but for what I paid for it then it isn't bad.

I'm in two minds now as to whether to keep the mini-Toynami in the house or to send it on a "overseas deployment" to my desk at the office. It would look quite good keeping company with the little F-22 that sits on my desk.

Karl

I picked up one in Glasgow at the weekend. Had been itching for a new Macross related acquisition, and I wanted a TV Max-type in a decent scale to go with my Banpresto Milia-type ( I needed a third fighter to complete a "flight"). At £15 it wasn't a bad buy at all. If it had been at the price they were _claiming_ it had originally been (£24) I would have balked - but for what I paid for it then it isn't bad.

I'm in two minds now as to whether to keep the mini-Toynami in the house or to send it on a "overseas deployment" to my desk at the office. It would look quite good keeping company with the little F-22 that sits on my desk.

Karl

Cool, are you from Scotland also?

I bought my valkyries cos they are in the same scale as my VB-6 monster. I ordered two from series 2 on play.com for £12.99 each, a full set from of series 1 from up1.co.uk for 38.24 and one on ebay

Cool, are you from Scotland also?

Yeah, I live in Falkirk - right slap bang in the middle of the central belt. Good to meet a fellow Scottish Macross fan. For a while I thought I might be the only one up here in the north.

I bought my valkyries cos they are in the same scale as my VB-6 monster. I ordered two from series 2 on play.com for £12.99 each, a full set from of series 1 from up1.co.uk for 38.24 and one on ebay

Play have the 1/100ths? Didn't realise that. Might see if they still have the Milia in that case - could go saving myself a couple of quid on the price I paid in Forbidden Planet. Ta for the tip there.

Karl

Good to meet a fellow Scottish Macross fan.

except I'm more of a Gundam fan. :)

For a while I thought I might be the only one up here in the north.

Same here :lol:

Well after reading some reviews I'm about to finally get one of these to keep the VB 6 from getting lonely. So hows everyone's wave 2 stand holding up? Has it cracked on you yet? :D

Anything self destruct or go loose? I wonder what would happen if the fast packs (just pretend they had been released) were bolted on to them which added extra weight and what effect that weight might have on the thing?

except I'm more of a Gundam fan. :)

Gundam eh? Not something I've ever gotten hugely into - I like it fine, but not attached enough to it to actually own stuff(not that my house would actually accommodate me starting a Gundam habit along with my Macross, Mospeada and Transformers collections). . I do think that the UC has some fantastic capital ships though (big fan of my capital ships and mecha carriers me).

Finally got a chance to play about with my 1/100th Max-type in all three modes. Jings, some of the transformation joints are tight on this wave - the chest plate doesn't want to slide all the way back for fighter or Gerwalk mode at all - leaving a small gap on one side because I don't feel I want to force it any further. Were wave 1 this tight or are they overcompensating for flaws in the first wave? The good thing about the tight joints is that it does mean that they seem to hold poses quite well, and the ball joint on the stand holds some good angles - got my Max-type in fighter mode rolling in for a ground attack run quite nicely.

Unfortunately in battroid mode the right arm doesn't want to stay in - any significant amount of force applied to chance the angle of the arm or switch hands means it pops straight out of its socket. A little frustrating when posing it.

1/1 Low Vis, you were asking what difference the FAST packs might make - I think they'll be fine in Gerwalk and Fighter mode - the ball joint is sufficiently firm I reckon that it'd still be pretty stable on the stand. Might not be so stable standing on its feet in Battroid mode. I reckon that'd need to be a "lean forward a bit" to keep them balanced.

Karl

(Who has just realised that the spare missile pods from his Toynami VF-1 are the right scale to work with his Banpresto CF.... Time to requisition some more Blu-tack hardpoints from stores.....)

Gundam eh? Not something I've ever gotten hugely into - I like it fine, but not attached enough to it to actually own stuff(not that my house would actually accommodate me starting a Gundam habit along with my Macross, Mospeada and Transformers collections). . I do think that the UC has some fantastic capital ships though (big fan of my capital ships and mecha carriers me).

Finally got a chance to play about with my 1/100th Max-type in all three modes. Jings, some of the transformation joints are tight on this wave - the chest plate doesn't want to slide all the way back for fighter or Gerwalk mode at all - leaving a small gap on one side because I don't feel I want to force it any further. Were wave 1 this tight or are they overcompensating for flaws in the first wave? The good thing about the tight joints is that it does mean that they seem to hold poses quite well, and the ball joint on the stand holds some good angles - got my Max-type in fighter mode rolling in for a ground attack run quite nicely.

Unfortunately in battroid mode the right arm doesn't want to stay in - any significant amount of force applied to chance the angle of the arm or switch hands means it pops straight out of its socket. A little frustrating when posing it.

1/1 Low Vis, you were asking what difference the FAST packs might make - I think they'll be fine in Gerwalk and Fighter mode - the ball joint is sufficiently firm I reckon that it'd still be pretty stable on the stand. Might not be so stable standing on its feet in Battroid mode. I reckon that'd need to be a "lean forward a bit" to keep them balanced.

Karl

(Who has just realised that the spare missile pods from his Toynami VF-1 are the right scale to work with his Banpresto CF.... Time to requisition some more Blu-tack hardpoints from stores.....)

Wave 1 was a lot looser than the 2nd wave, hell the 2nd wave was a bit too tight.

Maybe by the time they get to wave 3 they will be ultra tight and have GBP for them. :D

Would love to see some enemy mecha as a future wave say Qrau set: Red, Blue and *Green. Yum.

The Qrau would look awesome on a stand in the fetal position pose with missile hatch open. Being small also means the back won't make the hip joint too loose from all the weight. Qrau also being more bulky also cancels out the fact they don't transform. So I would feel justified paying a similar price for them as what the valks are at in current prices.

*Ok ok purple since this is DYRL. But we all know the tv series one looks cooler. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Wave 1 was a lot looser than the 2nd wave, hell the 2nd wave was a bit too tight.

I'd agree with you that the Wave 2 is a little too tight - I wasn't sure if I was going to wrench the head off my Max-type before it turned, and getting the legs to lock into place for fighter mode turned into an exercise in excessive force.

Karl

• 1 month later...

Hopefully Toynami will one day get around to doing the Elint Seeker and Super Ostrich. :) But otherwise it's great to see some definite word on the future of the FAST Packs and at least a few more 1/100th scale VF-1's.

Maybe Toynami should try their wings and make 1/100 VF-0s and so on. If the VF-1 look this good, the rest of the Macross transforming mecha should look even better since they're bigger. Besides I'm sick of high end Valks that I don't even dare to transform and cost a fortune.

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Mister_E is correct. They have thus far managed to produce the 1/100s and the man dolls as Macross product, but the substantiation of right is still kind of dubious. There is no chance that we'll be seeing anything newer than SDFM/DYRL designs from this company.

IIRC the fast packs did not have any indication of a release date. It seems the MPC Beta is Toynami's current priority as it was the only one that had a prospective date of this year with others all being TBD... which certainly could mean this year... Really, if they're smart, a whole bunch of toys will get released in Sep/Oct to take advantage of the holidays.

Man... I remember when the very 1st Hikaru 1S was released as a comic-con exclusive. Like a week after that there were pictures on the net of Toynami displaying FP'd 1/100's at some show. At the time THE set price for a Fast pack set was 15 dollars. It's been like uhm... a year now? I think? Something like that. They sure are taking their time...

IIRC the fast packs did not have any indication of a release date. It seems the MPC Beta is Toynami's current priority as it was the only one that had a prospective date of this year with others all being TBD... which certainly could mean this year... Really, if they're smart, a whole bunch of toys will get released in Sep/Oct to take advantage of the holidays.

In that case, I'll just wait until there's a confirmation that these will actually be released before I spend $25-30 on a VF-1J Max. I still don't have a whole lot of faith in Toynami products without set release dates.

No one should ever have faith in Toynami products regardless of release dates (and I seem to be one of Toynami's bigger "supporters" around here). Also, and separately, no one should ever have faith in Toynami release dates. If those toys had cards stating a release of next month and you went out and bought the VF-1J expecting it to be true you'd most likely be burned. Toynami has NEVER hit a release date.