providing an address as we will be more than happy to ship you a

replacement piece as soon as they arrive. We will notify you as your

replacement goes out. Thank you for your patience and continued

support.

Best Regards,

Customer Service

Toynami, Inc.

427102[/snapback]

Heh, I got the same exact email, word for word (except for the name of course) this morning. Glad they're making good on this. Although I suspect the replacement socket will have the same problem. Maybe i'll see if I'm not too dense to try the boiling technique. I'll probably end up blinding myself. :ph34r:

Edited by eriku

JB Weld bonds to anything...even flexible plastic...

Using candles you hold plastic above the flame until it gets squishy...then shape it and allow to cool or fuse with more plastic...

Easy to do.

Works great for making antenna, gun barrel, head laser, and other similar parts.

JB Weld bonds to anything...even flexible plastic...

Using candles you hold plastic above the flame until it gets squishy...then shape it and allow to cool or fuse with more plastic...

Easy to do.

Works great for making antenna, gun barrel, head laser, and other similar parts.

I will have to test that. About the only thing it won't permanently bond to in my experience thus far is a greasy pan...

:)

It will work on the Toycrappy stand.

Thanks for the info, Skull-1. I'll eventually test that out someday, but I'm afraid of creating a black smoking mess that makes our apartment stink for hours after I run to the sink to douse the plastic.

How long does JBweld take to dry?

Thanks for the info, Skull-1. I'll eventually test that out someday, but I'm afraid of creating a black smoking mess that makes our apartment stink for hours after I run to the sink to douse the plastic.

427297[/snapback]

JBWeld is just a metallized two-part epoxy. It sets in about 45 minutes, and cures in 24 hours. I would think that a non-metallized epoxy would probably be better for plastic repair.

i find it funny to spend money on glue to fix a piece that costs less than a penny, knowing the fact that it will eventually break again. why not just put some tape on it and be done with it? or contact the toynami CS dept and wait for the part? not that it would really matter since its likely to break again.

i find it funny to spend money on glue to fix a piece that costs less than a penny, knowing the fact that it will eventually break again.  why not just put some tape on it and be done with it?  or contact the toynami CS dept and wait for the part?  not that it would really matter since its likely to break again.

427362[/snapback]

Haterist - exactly, they'll just break again so I haven't even bothered. Honestly, the gorilla glue has really done the trick for me. I just had to leave more of the glue on than I'd rather have, but once I paint the excess black it'll be just fine. (even able to hold up FP'd valks)

427297[/snapback]

JB QWIK will dry in about five minutes.

Hard as stone in a couple of hours. It's pretty much all I use now although the slower drying stuff does have advantages for filling seams and shaping things...

You can probably do a little practice on plastic fusing using old model sprues. That's how I learned. It takes some practice but it is a great art and really makes it easy to replace a broken pitot tube or gun barrel.

i find it funny to spend money on glue to fix a piece that costs less than a penny, knowing the fact that it will eventually break again.  why not just put some tape on it and be done with it?  or contact the toynami CS dept and wait for the part?  not that it would really matter since its likely to break again.

427362[/snapback]

Put JB Weld on it and they'll be burying it with you when you die... Still in one piece. :)

Geez Haterist, what's with the negativity here?! These stands are the greatest.... things, ever conceived by man. They are perfect in every way, and you should take yours out, hold it, rub it, whatever, just show it the love and respect it deserves.

(I'm getting a tattoo of MY toynami 1/100 stand on my shoulder next weekend when I get paid)

:D

(jk) But my wife did have a really cool Roy Focker t-shirt made for me recently for no reason. And it has nothing to do with toynami. It's just Roy. In front of some plane he used to fly before they started making VFs.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an FYI, I had my socket split on me.

Contacted toynami cust service and had their new stronger cup sent to me within a couple of days.

Her's my letter:

We are happy to inform you that your replacement peg has been sent out

today via US Mail. You will find that this new ball joint is very strong

in comparison to the one that broke in your possession. You should

receive your letter with joints enclosed within 4-10 business days.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do. Thank you for

your patience and continued support.

Best Regards,

Customer Service

Toynami, Inc.

I would guess due to the fact that it's Toynami. Their stuff is inherently "tainted" with Robotechiness by this point. Changing what name you slap on the sticker on the box doesn't inherently change the company/product.

Plus AFAIK it's been here for a long time. That means people look for/expect it here.

Edited by David Hingtgen

I saw these at Frank & Sons and was fairly interested as I was quoted $15 each. As is, I have enough VF-1, I think... if they do enemy mecha and destroids, I could be persuaded to get some VF-1 and more for customizing... as is, I'll wait and see.

I would guess due to the fact that it's Toynami. Their stuff is inherently "tainted" with Robotechiness by this point. Changing what name you slap on the sticker on the box doesn't inherently change the company/product.

Plus AFAIK it's been here for a long time. That means people look for/expect it here.

This product line has never been marketed as Robotech merchandise. So far, all the VF-1's made in this 1/100th scale line represent VF-1 variants from Macross DYRL... last time I've checked, DYRL has never been part of Robotech. :) Since Toynami has involvement with the DYRL 1/6th scale figures, should that thread be moved here just because it's Toynami?

This is a legitimate Macross product and this thread should go back in the proper place. This thread only showed up here when Macross World came back into operations a few days ago.