Vf-1a Photoshop Madness

Jay-Lew

Here's the custom angle that Dante requested. Sorry it took so long, I was out of town for the holidays. Lemme know if the angle works for you.

Enjoy!

Jason :D

Dude would it be possible to get the VF-1A all in white?

That way we could use Photoshop to make up color schemes whichever way we like. Keep the off colored panels and such, but using a white texture instead of brown...

Thanks for the awesome work so far!! :D

Edited by Zinjo

Oo! Much, much better.

The only thing I can really mention now is the same that I want to say to those who make movies: the resolution of the CG is much higher than that of the background image. I'm not really sure how to overcome it myself, and I'm not sure if it's worth the effort either.

Edited by sketchley

feathering the selectin would help some... the VF is just too sharp compared to the rest of the shot.

also, lacking shadow on the underside of the gunpod as well as cast shadows off of the landing gear.

but it does look much better than the first pass!

I was thinking that the light reflected off of the carrier deck would account for that. Though... perhaps it is a tad 'too' bright and should be a tad bit 'gray' to account for the material being reflected off of.

Here's the custom angle that Dante requested. Sorry it took so long, I was out of town for the holidays. Lemme know if the angle works for you.

Enjoy!

Jason :D

Thanks Jason!

The rendered angle is perfect, you even lit up the engines for me, beautiful.

Can't wait to get started on the pic.

Instead of feathering you might want to add a bit of gaussian blur to the VF and the shadow. Only a couple of pixels would do. Also play with the colors, brightness and contrast of the VF's layer to blend it in with the background.

yeah. that would help as well, but I think the selection can still be softer. I wonderif you could even add some noise to the VF to make it work a little better with the background pic, which has a lot of grain to it.

I was thinking that the light reflected off of the carrier deck would account for that. Though... perhaps it is a tad 'too' bright and should be a tad bit 'gray' to account for the material being reflected off of.

even if there was a reflection, it would be pretty subdued, you should still see form shadow on the gun pod.

if someone can find me an ortho of a vf pilot in full gear with helmet on ill see if i can make a pilot

actually an ortho of any pilot in uniform is fine and i can just model a helmet seperately and use it as his head

I'll just bump this post.

Anyone have the requested ortho?

Here's the pic I made using Jay-Lew's custom render.

I made two versions

One just before take off

IPB Image

And one during take off with the VF powering up and being catapulted off the deck.

IPB Image

If anyone wants higher rez versions of these images, PM me.

Thanks again to Jason for providing the render.

I made a little change to the first image.

I forgot to add the effect of the heat of the jets just behind de VF and I tweaked the lighting of the VF a bit.

Also, I'm not really content with the second image. It doesn't look real, so 'll be redoing the afterburner effect.

IPB Image

I made a little change to the first image.

I forgot to add the effect of the heat of the jets just behind de VF and I tweaked the lighting of the VF a bit.

Also, I'm not really content with the second image. It doesn't look real, so 'll be redoing the afterburner effect.

mmm. I like it.

can we get higher resolution versions?

Edited by eugimon

looks goooooooood!can you make one landing?

For that I would need:

• a pilot model for Jay-Lew to put in the cockpit
  • a pic to fit the VF-1A model into
  • a render made at the right angle from Jay-Lew to fit into that pic

1680x1050?

Here you go.

I made the VF a little smaller to make it's size more realistic. I looked awfully big in the first versions.

Enjoy.

IPB Image

You guys here has inspired me to look @ doing something more with my models , I like Jay-Lew's rendering very much and brought an old model out of retirement .

I also found some images which looks possible to use for a composition , what do you guys think ?

post-736-1167893059_thumb.jpg

post-736-1167893105_thumb.jpg

post-736-1167893257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

The silhouet of the F-14 would work fairly easily. The Harrier image, though cool, would require a lot of work to make a good image - the problem is the clouds. But that's just my take on it.

i'll send him to you jay-lew .what format do you want?i dont think poser will export bones unless its for poser.

yes rodavan its mike3 and i made a version with hiro3's head and toon shader.

You can just send me the mesh and textures, I can rig him in Max and pose him. An OBJ file ( if poser exports OBJ's ) would be great, if it doesn't export OBJ's, then a 3ds file will work also.

Thanks!

Jason

all right jay i removed the male figure to save 20 megs.i got a male and female pilot with no texture.and as far as i know maya uses wavefront object files .

Edited by scott8539

South Ataria Island Februari 2009; A squadron of unidentified fighterjets gets ready to take off at a UN airbase near ASS-1. Picture taken by unknown Photographer.

IPB Image

:D

I finally did a new afterburner effect for the takeoff pic. I think it looks a lot better than the first one on page 3.

Any comments and suggestions are, of course, welcome.

IPB Image

Please be gentle... :ph34r:

BTW: I'm really looking forward to having some in-flight pics with pilots in the cockpit.

South Ataria Island Februari 2009; A squadron of unidentified fighterjets gets ready to take off at a UN airbase near ASS-1. Picture taken by unknown Photographer.

IPB Image

:D

I finally did a new afterburner effect for the takeoff pic. I think it looks a lot better than the first one on page 3.

Any comments and suggestions are, of course, welcome.

Nice!

Only the jets have the shadow on the wrong side. Look at the shadow on the van in the foreground to get an idea of where the sun is.

Very cool nonetheless... ;)

Edited by Zinjo