1/48 Dyrl Kakizaki Vf-1a

jonwayne

I am sure that would have been a lot cheaper... :)

To thinik I was going to buy enamel paints and an airbrush to make this :rolleyes:

419748[/snapback]

This one I'm definitely going to get. Been waiting awhile for this, just like some of you guys, so I can't afford to miss out on having to buy it. The ANGELBIRD's still a maybe, I guess we'll see...... :D !

I have a theory:

Yamato is trying to squeeze all it can with the current tooling of the stock VF-1 moulds before making modifications to it.

1. Once this cash cow is milked, they can proceed with re-tooling: 2 seaters?!

2. Somethig wayyyy more awesome for presumably the 25th anniversary is on the way and they attempting a last ditch effort to milk us all of our hard earned cash.

Yep... thats my theory..... but pt 2 and 1 can be considered linked! :p

419738[/snapback]

As anticipated. :rolleyes:

You gotta give credit to Yamato for milking their 1/48th VF-1 line! :p But I wish Yamato would do two things:

1) Lower the price of these 1/48th's. They keep pounding them out and since pretty much all these VF-1's are identical except for paint, the price of manufacturing these babies should be dropping.

2) SPREAD OUT YOUR RELEASES, YAMATO! With the exception of my two sets of GBP-1S armor, I have not bought a 1/48th scale VF-1 toy in nearly 2-1/2 years. With a lot of these regular VF-1's going for $150 or more and the FAST Pack versions going for another $40 or $50.

With everything coming out here in just few months, if I bought all of these including the VF-0S and the VF-0A, this would be a $1000+ investment in just a few months for a few hunks of plastic! :p

Yamato, I would REEEEEALLLLLLYYYY love to buy all of these Macross goodies you are introducing this year, but I simply can't afford to buy all of this stuff at once. Again, they need to better spread out their releases. Yamato's going to lose sales from over saturating the market too quickly.

You gotta give credit to Yamato for milking their 1/48th VF-1 line! :p  But I wish Yamato would do two things:

1) Lower the price of these 1/48th's.  They keep pounding them out and since pretty much all these VF-1's are identical except for paint, the price of manufacturing these babies should be dropping.

2)  SPREAD OUT YOUR RELEASES, YAMATO!  With the exception of my two sets of GBP-1S armor, I have not bought a 1/48th scale VF-1 toy in nearly 2-1/2 years.  With a lot of these regular VF-1's going for $150 or more and the FAST Pack versions going for another $40 or $50.

With everything coming out here in just few months, if I bought all of these including the VF-0S and the VF-0A, this would be a $1000+ investment in just a few months for a few hunks of plastic! :p

Yamato, I would REEEEEALLLLLLYYYY love to buy all of these Macross goodies you are introducing this year, but I simply can't afford to buy all of this stuff at once.  Again, they need to better spread out their releases.  Yamato's going to lose sales from over saturating the market too quickly.

420304[/snapback]

Spoken for the truth man. This is insane! I am mtyring to catch up with older reeases...and now we have the Max rerelease, VF-0A, Angel Birds and the Kakizaki! And there coming out in Spetember of all months... Damnit that is the same month Botcon is going to be. SO I have $$$ saved for that and also MP-03 Starscream comes out in September so I have 2 of those on order. WAY to much Macross and Transformers stuff that month. Something has togive ans saddly its the $150 Yamato figures.

I wish that they would lower the prices on these guys if there all going to come out at once....I can only afford one Valk in September and so I have the Angelbirds on Pre-order at BBTS. The others will have to wait. BBTS will have them in stock for awhile, and there is always Ebay.

Edited by AC Starscream

I'm no expert! but I think they are moving on! look alot of people wanted kakizaki and an angel bird,we got those+ acouple of "varients" woodland and stealth. I'll bet that t.v. max comes out then we start seeing Destroids and more zero,then we will get the 2 seaters once people aren't expecting them? just my .02! they know we will buy them,big G is a marketing departments wet dream,they know how(what to bring out) to get our cash!

You gotta be...

ok, so, how the hell did Yamato do this? We were angry that we didn't have any new Valks... now we're pissed we're getting too many >_<

Welcome to Earth 2, people. lol

What a time to be unemployed....

hey, do people still rob trains? I think I'm gonna go rob a train

Meh, I'm pretty much finished with the VF-1 line. They'd have to come out with something pretty spectacular to get me to buy another one (already have nine). Kinda tempted by the VF-1A Max but there's a 99% chance I won't buy it. Yep, the VF-1 is finished for me. So Yamato can open the floodgates as much as they want.

So, something relevant to this post? I have to admit the VF-1A headsculpt has been neglected somewhat in terms of availability. So it's nice to see the square eye getting some love. Although, I'm not a huge fan of the green.

I figure this is great for people who just want a complete set of something (whether or not they like the color or character associated with it) from the show. Like when you see people display thier DYRL valks, now they have all the characters.  (it was inevitable really)

421073[/snapback]

That's my plan ... getting a complete DYRL valkyrie set!

:)

Yamato is releasing the 1/60 YF-19 which soooo perfect to have, re-releasing the VF-1A max (something I should have gotten sooner), oh yeah an VF-1A angel birds version is coming up along with the VF-0A, and now the VF-1A Kakizaki, ......... just when my car starts acting up because of engine problems and an idiot manager at my job ...(sigh)...... DAMN YOU YAMATOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I am personally happy that Yamato is making so many wonderful toys out for us Macross fans. I remember the old days, where the closest thing to a transforming Valk was the ChunkyMoney made in the early 80s.

Now in 2006...look at what we have now? The best true to Macross transforming valk. This series also includes detailed fast packs & GBPs.

Come on...lets all be happy, dispite our wallets screams, that we have the fortune of being blessed with these wonderful toys to the nr. 1 anime that we all love so much.

I hope the future will bring other types of 1/48s.

- Jin

I am personally happy that Yamato is making so many wonderful toys out for us Macross fans. I remember the old days, where the closest thing to a transforming Valk was the ChunkyMoney made in the early 80s.

Now in 2006...look at what we have now? The best true to Macross transforming valk. This series also includes detailed fast packs & GBPs.

Come on...lets all be happy, dispite our wallets screams, that we have the fortune of being blessed with these wonderful toys to the nr. 1 anime that we all love so much.

I hope the future will bring other types of 1/48s.

- Jin

425462[/snapback]

I agree with your sentiments mate ... been a long time, a damned long time since cool, fun, awesome Macross toys were available. 2006 has been a great year!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

A few more publicity shots I haven't seen before.

Aw man! They (Yamato) messed up. The Hikaru and Max 1A's had a white head laser, but the Kakizaki in the pics has a black/gray head laser. First there was the different box art, now this?

Thanks for the pics!

Edited by mister_e

Wow, the pic in the middle on the bottom row is crappy! It shows how loose the airbrake is and how bad it can make poses in battloid look. Did you notice they also forgot to extend the gun pod?? Man, people need to start hiring me to pose toys for publicity shoots....

I'm glad I don't buy DYRL paint schemes... Yamato is sucking me dry as it is! For the rest of you, you have my sympathies!

Edited by jenius

Wow, the pic in the middle on the bottom row is crappy! It shows how loose the airbrake is and how bad it can make poses in battloid look. Did you notice they also forgot to extend the gun pod?? Man, people need to start hiring me to pose toys for publicity shoots....

I'm glad I don't buy DYRL paint schemes... Yamato is sucking me dry as it is! For the rest of you, you have my sympathies!

Haha! Also, top right picture, the box missles on left side are mounted backwards while they're on correctly on the opposite side. Definitely should've had someone who knew what they were doing take the pictures. :D

Haha! Also, top right picture, the box missles on left side are mounted backwards while they're on correctly on the opposite side. Definitely should've had someone who knew what they were doing take the pictures. :D

Hahaha. Just like Amazon.com and their Transformers collection.