Toynami:

gotta agree with you, with the toynami alpha debacle with the poorly planned and poor QC brittle plastic everywhere, I don't see how the alpha beta link up would be anywhere near stable.

Just took a quick peek at my Alpha. And what if they added the nosecone of the Beta and had it connect between the Alpha's arms/boosters?

There's enough of a gap between the Alpha's legs and hip/crotch to add another connection. Maybe they could have a chunk of the Beta's nosecone lock into this gap in the Alpha?

It would add another connection, and along with the underbelly connection and the "Beta chest to Alpha boosters" connections, it could make the whole Alpha-Beta connection a little more stable.

There are ways (I would think) Toynami could probably get this thing to hitch together in a somewhat decent manner... problem is that "somewhat decent" just isn't going to fly with the negative feedback they've gotten on everything else. Everyone will immediately hit forums and say "Ugh, this thing BARELY connects, it can't even do two barrel rolls before the alpha falls off!" Ya get what I mean? The better it connects the more people will want it to live up to a toy's standards of being able to connect like Legos so the level at which people will be truly happy is a mighty high standard.

I may be in the minority, but I just want an in-scale transformable BETA.

I don't care if it connects or not. In fact, the design compromises that would have to be made for a connection...I'd rather not see.

I never liked the Alpha-beta connected anyhow. I like the Alpha, I like the Beta. I don't really care for them together.

And the things they would have to do to the cockpit and forward area of the beta to make it connect would be...well, just not worth it.

My guess is that they stuffed up by not thinking far ahead enough and made it difficult for themselves to attach a Beta fighter to the current MPCs that are out.

They should just make a non-transformable papercraft beta kinda like what they did for masterpiece prime's trailer before the announcent that a real one was going to be done. :D

But seriously I am happy if they focus on making a genuine effort to do nontransforming mecha like destroids in 1/100 scale or maybe a glaug with glaug booster for space. I need some for putting near a koenig monster. Mospeada can wait. Small scale cheap stuff will be low risk.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I want a Beta, I want it to connect and I want it to transform. I got the Alphas for it when they said at SDCC that you wont need any different alphas for the upcoming Beta. I was very trepid back then to buy it, but ultimately gave in when I saw the Beta, because I said I wouldn't believe it until I saw it. Of course Toynami is the only company that can make me not believe it even though I saw it. I'm gonna give up on Toynami. I'm not getting the 1/100s and I dont believe they ever coming out with Regults or Destroids. Even if they did, I cant imagine what horrible crap they will turn outto be. Why do I need a complete line of the 1/100s VFs when I can get them at 1/48? Because it sure seems like Yamato is gonna put out the whole line at 1/48.

I want a Beta, I want it to connect and I want it to transform.

Amen

Exo though, what were you doing buying all the Alphas upon seeing the Beta?? Why not just buy Scott's since that's likely the only Alpha that would ever sell out? That way there you could handle it and determine if you wanted to buy more at some later point?

I'm gonna give up on Toynami. I'm not getting the 1/100s and I dont believe they ever coming out with Regults or Destroids. Even if they did, I cant imagine what horrible crap they will turn outto be.

Can I play devil's advocate here? Did you purchase the Mac+ toys from Yamato? Did you snap both your VF-11Bs legs off? Did you watch your YF-19 crumble in your hands? Did you enjoy opening your VF-19A to find the paint had already worn off the leg fins in transit? Did you give Yamato a second chance? Did you buy the 1/60 VF-1s? Did you marvel as the screw-covers popped off during the first transformation only to never be seen again? Did you lose one of the stupid arm guards after putting the gun in for fighter mode? Did you ever put it in GERWALK mode with super armor and laugh at the fact you could no longer twist the legs? Did you give Yamato a third chance? Did you get a Yamato 1/48? Is it not worth all the craptastic efforts that came before it? Aren't you thrilled you didn't swear Yamato off for those issues you saw in their earlier products? Yamato has grown leaps and bounds much quicker than Toynami has/will but I still think it's silly to swear off a company based on their first two "quality" products. What if the Beta comes out some day and it's Toynami's equivalent of the 1/48 VF-1? What if it doesn't come out but Toynami picks up some other license and does something stellar? Being skeptical is one thing, being rash is another. Besides, we're all familiar with prototypes not making it to production. We're all frustrated and we've become impatient... but I think we should just all turn our eyes to the great Yamato products coming out and hope some day we'll be pleasantly surprised to see the MPC Beta resurface... as something transformable that actually attaches to Alpha.

Can I play devil's advocate here?  Did you purchase the Mac+ toys from Yamato?  Did you snap both your VF-11Bs legs off?  Did you watch your YF-19 crumble in your hands?  Did you enjoy opening your VF-19A to find the paint had already worn off the leg fins in transit?  Did you give Yamato a second chance?  Did you buy the 1/60 VF-1s?  Did you marvel as the screw-covers popped off during the first transformation only to never be seen again?  Did you lose one of the stupid arm guards after putting the gun in for fighter mode?  Did you ever put it in GERWALK mode with super armor and laugh at the fact you could no longer twist the legs?  Did you give Yamato a third chance?  Did you get a Yamato 1/48?  Is it not worth all the craptastic efforts that came before it?  Aren't you thrilled you didn't swear Yamato off for those issues you saw in their earlier products?  Yamato has grown leaps and bounds much quicker than Toynami has/will but I still think it's silly to swear off a company based on their first two "quality" products.  What if the Beta comes out some day and it's Toynami's equivalent of the 1/48 VF-1?  What if it doesn't come out but Toynami picks up some other license and does something stellar?  Being skeptical is one thing, being rash is another.  Besides, we're all familiar with prototypes not making it to production.  We're all frustrated and we've become impatient... but I think we should just all turn our eyes to the great Yamato products coming out and hope some day we'll be pleasantly surprised to see the MPC Beta resurface... as something transformable that actually attaches to Alpha.

419894[/snapback]

That's not being a devil's advocate because I didn't buy the 1/72s those were ugly and the fit was hideous... and the 1/60s were crap too! I stopped buying those as soon as they started making the 1/48s. And even then I only bought a couple. After I got the 1/60s I went back to the 1/55s. Nice, perfect, clicky 1/55s. But I had to give the 1/48s a try cuz they looked so good in the pictures... same reason I bought the MPC Hikaru. Note... I only bought Hikaru because as soon as I found out it sucked major assage I swore those off.

Now let's face the facts, the Betas coming out as good as the 1/48s? That's quite a scenario... a major what if... I know you're an Alpha/Leggios fan and frankly so am I. But I'm not a lemming that's going to keep getting led to the water. I'm not going to be ignorant and not check out a Beta if it ever comes out, but do you think it's ever going to come out? What if they say that they'll come out with it but you have to buy a different Alpha? Is that fair to the consumer that bought the previous Alphas? Does a company like that deserve continous patronizing?

Are these 1/100 Valks enough to redeem them from being the crap makers that they are? I haven't met one person that held it that said that they great toys. Every single one of them has only said that they're decent for what they are... a step above banprestos... ok... that's not much of an endorsement. Those 1/100s are way off proportion. It looks like 1/100 torsos with 1/120 legs. and they're floppy as hell. I tried transforming them and instantly knew I wasn't gonna deal with them. Nice packaging though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I dont have anything against anyone buying Toynami stuff... nothing but pity that is. I'm not going to invest my money on a bunch of "what ifs." I hope someday that a good toy from Mospeada comes out, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be from Toynami.

agreed. At least those

Did you watch your YF-19 crumble in your hands? Did you enjoy opening your VF-19A to find the paint had already worn off the leg fins in transit?
fetched good price on ebay (of course Im talking about before they release the info about the 1/60 mechandise). 1/72 looks good too. I remembered my first day buying the 1/72 vs when I bought the MPC....the latter was a nightmare....

AND, they have something that MPC fans were initialy told that were supposed to be used in the MPC line.....DIECAST....

tho the 1/60 kinda looks fugly, I still feel the security of playing that toy rather than the MPC toy...I mean, how much force would you use to transform your MPC alhpas vs the 1/60? Im sure the ratio is like heaven & earth :lol:

oh well...here we go again with our so called hot topic of the century...

My concluding point. I bought a few MPC alphas before and I can tell that theyre not even worth the money I paid. Until now, Im regretting paying a few hundred bucks for the MPC alpha (which has no value) when I should have bought the Yamato lines instead. I swear no matter how good Toynami products comes out to be, I will never try to ever purchase em no more. Looking at the pictures through websites would be enuff for me.

Edited by aaajin

It's true, I definitely threw out some huge "what-ifs" and I don't mean to make it sound like I have huge expectations or that you should. I just think everyone who is feeling burned by Toynami is misplacing a bit of their anger. Toy companies do their best and try to be profitable doing it. If their product ends up sucking but we buy a ton of it then we get angry at them instead of ourselves... and that doesn't quite make sense. So, I certainly think everyone can safely say we don't buy into the Toynami hype machine anymore... and everybody's heart is in the right place when they say "no more from that company ever again" but the statement should really just be modified to "from now on I will exercise much better judgment where that company's products are concerned."

Yes, I am biased toward GCM mechs and so I do hold a higher level of optimism in regards to Toynami then most... since at this point it seems I have to.

Edited by jenius

Rather than just get pissed over this, I figured I should channel my frustrations into something creative:

I used the pic Carl posted on page 2 as a starting point.

Figure if it could work for MW's own UN Spacy and the YF-19, why not the Beta?

Heck, I'm almost tempted to use it as my own avatar.

Edited by Mog

It's true, I definitely threw out some huge "what-ifs" and I don't mean to make it sound like I have huge expectations or that you should.  I just think everyone who is feeling burned by Toynami is misplacing a bit of their anger.  Toy companies do their best and try to be profitable doing it.  If their product ends up sucking but we buy a ton of it then we get angry at them instead of ourselves... and that doesn't quite make sense.  So, I certainly think everyone can safely say we don't buy into the Toynami hype machine anymore... and everybody's heart is in the right place when they say "no more from that company ever again" but the statement should really just be modified to "from now on I will exercise much better judgment where that company's products are concerned."

Yes, I am biased toward GCM mechs and so I do hold a higher level of optimism in regards to Toynami then most... since at this point it seems I have to.

419914[/snapback]

I'll tell you where my anger lies... first... you...

haha, j/k

I'm angry that the people that hold the license to Legioss and Mospeada toys are doing crap with it. And by crap I mean even though they've produced toys, they turned out to be complete turd. Toys that can barely hold together in any form. While other companies are making worth while the toys we like to collect because they hold a special place from our childhood, such as SOCs, The MP and BT/Alt line of Transformers, Macross, Aliens and Robocop from Hot Toys, we're getting shafted in the Mospeada department.

I'm angry that the same company blocks toys that are more worthwhile and releases crap in exchange. They want a piece of the action from all the hard work that other companies slaved over and developed carefully while they pump out stuff that people are continously disappointed over. Not only that but they also lure people with the old "if you buy this, then MAYBE we'll make this..." Well maybe if you make it right in the first place, we'll buy it for no other reason... :rolleyes:

As I said over and over, my bias againt HG/Toynami is not blind dedication to BW or Yamato. It's from watching them continuously make promises they can't afford to keep, from both toy and animation side of things. I'm betting that the 1/6 action figures and the 1/100s are the best things that will ever come out of them... and like I said those 1/100s are barely mediocre. The only reason I'm giving the figures a chance is that Popbox is involved with them.

Maybe if their costumers are not so optimistic and keep buying their below grade product they would have learned to put out good stuff by now.

agreed. At least those
Did you watch your YF-19 crumble in your hands? Did you enjoy opening your VF-19A to find the paint had already worn off the leg fins in transit?
fetched good price on ebay (of course Im talking about before they release the info about the 1/60 mechandise). 1/72 looks good too. I remembered my first day buying the 1/72 vs when I bought the MPC....the latter was a nightmare....

AND, they have something that MPC fans were initialy told that were supposed to be used in the MPC line.....DIECAST....

tho the 1/60 kinda looks fugly, I still feel the security of playing that toy rather than the MPC toy...I mean, how much force would you use to transform your MPC alhpas vs the 1/60? Im sure the ratio is like heaven & earth :lol:

oh well...here we go again with our so called hot topic of the century...

My concluding point. I bought a few MPC alphas before and I can tell that theyre not even worth the money I paid. Until now, Im regretting paying a few hundred bucks for the MPC alpha (which has no value) when I should have bought the Yamato lines instead. I swear no matter how good Toynami products comes out to be, I will never try to ever purchase em no more. Looking at the pictures through websites would be enuff for me.

419905[/snapback]

For what its worth I actually like the MPC VF-1 more than the 1/60 VF-1. Aesthetics wise, the yamato trumps it through and through no question and its not even comparable, but stability wise....well those 1/60 hips FALL OFF ALL THE TIME. Ugh. Put it this way the 1/60 VF-1s are lemons unless you are displaying them, and the 1/48 is a much better toy to play with and looks better.....anyways...

Also I should mention I never really felt bad paying for my MPC's as I waited months and got all of mine MIB for less than msrp. Hell I got roy MIB for 10$. Holy crap.

The argument may say that sure the 1/48 is the better buy rather than even buying the 1.100. I only wish I could do that. Im stuck here with only 1 1/48 which I treasure a LOT.

So until my potential comic career jumps off once school is over there ain't no 1/48s for me in the near future. This is where the 1/100 comes in. Its MUCH cheaper and hey when i pay 20$ I'm not expecting a masterpiece nor something worthy of worshipping and bowing to all Gods for. I' expecting cheap toy crack that I can army build if I please and mess around with on my computer desk or drawing table. I don't understand why a lot of people complain about the price on these yet never complain about how much the revoltech figures cost. (I know I am in the minority here). I know I don't have a 1/100 yet but I do know what to expect.

And what do I expect? A cheap and more durable alternative to the 1/100 bandai/imai variable kits, and a transforming alternative to those suck ass ARII figures they made for the 15th anniversary. I always wanted a small valk toy just for convenience in addition to my high end bigger valks. And this seems to fit the bill. All my models break in my hand, all my toys do not. So for 20$, I will gladly buy these SOB;s over a variable 1/100 kit that would probably break within a day. But this is all IMHO, and this is the way I see it.

And honestly you can't really compare it to much else. With a 1/48 your getting 150$ worth of engineering near perfection and accuracy we could only dream of back in the 80s. Hell none of the model kits back then were even this detailed!

So the only thing to really compare the 1/100 to are the old variable 1/100 kits that imai and bandai put out. Same scale, similar subject matter, same part options. Toynami has the benefit of being more durable, about the same price, and having more articulation. So yes they seem worth it to me.(and I gotta add back in the late 90s, I WANTED those 1/100 variable kits so bad when they were reissued, but ccouldn't bring myself to buy them since I knew they would breaK).

As for the alpha MPC I think with ratcheting redesign for the shoulders and other parts switched to diecast, it could be a winner. Its all up to them to redesign it. The BETA looked awesome and I hope they put it out but higher quality on the alpha would have made better sales. they'd probably be better off if they got one of us to play test. (And not dissing you robotech fans but judging by the panel I went to, I knew more than everyone in the entire room did about all the toys, and if these are the same fans they are basing the polls on I am not at all surprised at the results! Hell some of them did not even KNOW there were MPC's out! I'm not lying either!)

It's true, I definitely threw out some huge "what-ifs" and I don't mean to make it sound like I have huge expectations or that you should.  I just think everyone who is feeling burned by Toynami is misplacing a bit of their anger.  Toy companies do their best and try to be profitable doing it.  If their product ends up sucking but we buy a ton of it then we get angry at them instead of ourselves... and that doesn't quite make sense.  So, I certainly think everyone can safely say we don't buy into the Toynami hype machine anymore... and everybody's heart is in the right place when they say "no more from that company ever again" but the statement should really just be modified to "from now on I will exercise much better judgment where that company's products are concerned."

419914[/snapback]

I'll tell you where my anger lies... first... you...

haha, j/k

I'm angry that the people that hold the license to Legioss and Mospeada toys are doing crap with it. And by crap I mean even though they've produced toys, they turned out to be complete turd. Toys that can barely hold together in any form. While other companies are making worth while the toys we like to collect because they hold a special place from our childhood, such as SOCs, The MP and BT/Alt line of Transformers, Macross, Aliens and Robocop from Hot Toys, we're getting shafted in the Mospeada department.

I'm angry that the same company blocks toys that are more worthwhile and releases crap in exchange. They want a piece of the action from all the hard work that other companies slaved over and developed carefully while they pump out stuff that people are continously disappointed over. Not only that but they also lure people with the old "if you buy this, then MAYBE we'll make this..." Well maybe if you make it right in the first place, we'll buy it for no other reason... :rolleyes:

As I said over and over, my bias againt HG/Toynami is not blind dedication to BW or Yamato. It's from watching them continuously make promises they can't afford to keep, from both toy and animation side of things. I'm betting that the 1/6 action figures and the 1/100s are the best things that will ever come out of them... and like I said those 1/100s are barely mediocre. The only reason I'm giving the figures a chance is that Popbox is involved with them.

Maybe if their costumers are not so optimistic and keep buying their below grade product they would have learned to put out good stuff by now.

419924[/snapback]

I think its HG thats mainly doing the blocking of imports, not necesarily toynami. It seems to me in regards to the quality of toys they are mainly going from what they hear from robotech.com's members, and a lot of them are not exactly "in the know:" when it comes to toys. I think they are looking for input from the wrong places. If they had someone from tmp or from here to playtest their toys during r/d I am sure most of their toys would have nowhere near as much engineering flaws and qc problems as they have been having.

I think its HG thats mainly doing the blocking of imports, not necesarily toynami.  It seems to me in regards to the quality of toys they are mainly going from what they hear from robotech.com's members, and a lot of them are not exactly "in the know:" when it comes to toys.  I think they are looking for input from the wrong places.  If they had someone from tmp or from here to playtest their toys during r/d I am sure most of their toys would have nowhere near as much engineering flaws and qc problems as they have been having.

419931[/snapback]

I've addressed it as both HG and Toynami, HG is the Cause, Toynami is the effect. And even if they didn't block Big West stuff, we'd still get crap Mospeada toys.

I think its HG thats mainly doing the blocking of imports, not necesarily toynami.  It seems to me in regards to the quality of toys they are mainly going from what they hear from robotech.com's members, and a lot of them are not exactly "in the know:" when it comes to toys.  I think they are looking for input from the wrong places.  If they had someone from tmp or from here to playtest their toys during r/d I am sure most of their toys would have nowhere near as much engineering flaws and qc problems as they have been having.

419931[/snapback]

I've addressed it as both HG and Toynami, HG is the Cause, Toynami is the effect. And even if they didn't block Big West stuff, we'd still get crap Mospeada toys.

419943[/snapback]

True. What I want to know is who exactly is play testing these during r&d. OR if theres anyone even doing so. With all these alphas having arms falling off out of the box, it puzzles me.

Sorry folks, don't let me derail anything or lead us down some sort of Toynami vs. Yamato thing 'cause that's the last thing I'd ever want... I just was drawing some comparisons. Believe me, I'm as bummed as anyone that more isn't being done with the GCM license. As for the whole blocking of cool Macross products, I thought that Bandai is as much the problem as HG is and I'm not even about to make heads or tails out of that situation. Basically, if a Beta gets built I'll buy it and I'll let you guys know all about it... then you can decide if you want to buy one or not :)

Rather than just get pissed over this, I figured I should channel my frustrations into something creative:

I used the pic Carl posted on page 2 as a starting point.

Figure if it could work for MW's own UN Spacy and the YF-19, why not the Beta?

Heck, I'm almost tempted to use it as my own avatar.

419917[/snapback]

Why not? Heck.

If I change my AV to the Macross maybe Yamato will eventually make one.

It's just a matter of time. :lol:

I wouldn't have bought the Alpha if I knew they weren't going to follow through with the Beta.

418362[/snapback]

It wouldn't surprise me if Toynami created a mock Beta just to push more Alpha sales.

Same situation with the no die-cast MPC vol.1, Toynami's laughing all the way to the bank. <_<

I wouldn't have bought the Alpha if I knew they weren't going to follow through with the Beta.

418362[/snapback]

It wouldn't surprise me if Toynami created a mock Beta just to push more Alpha sales.

Same situation with the no die-cast MPC vol.1, Toynami's laughing all the way to the bank. <_<

420035[/snapback]

I dunno know about that, I don't think the alphas sold particularly well. You still see them in the discount section. I know after I found out that toynami wasn't going to fix any of the issues with the first release in any of the other versions, I passed. Even though I love that green alpha variant.

I dunno know about that, I don't think the alphas sold particularly well. You still see them in the discount section. I know after I found out that toynami wasn't going to fix any of the issues with the first release in any of the other versions, I passed. Even though I love that green alpha variant.

420038[/snapback]

The reason they didn't sell well is because they're not worth it. If they would have came out with a bigger, more robust version that looked good and fitted well, then I would have bought multiples. I still love my 1/35 scale Alphas, especially how they come with the little gray figure. That little figure is sculpted better than most of Toynami stuff. And what's the deal with not being to dismantle them either? Are they afraid someone is going to steal their ideas? They dont want anyone to fix all the breakage so we might just have to buy another one? The fact that the 1/48s are so easy to take apart is probably another selling point. Customization, baby... that's why we buy more than one!

I don't wanna get into this crappy mess again because I'm sick of fighting it, but I'm glad someone is finally acknowledging that the MPC valks were superior to the 1/60 Yamato vf-1's. In fact, the MPC valks were really great toys, at the end of the day. Very few quality problems. It's just that people came to them with a lot of resentment over the legal issues and didn't give them a fair shot. It's a shame that toynami took a step backwards with the Alpha toys, which are admittedly pretty bad in a lot of ways (good looking in battroid mode, tho).

I don't wanna get into this crappy mess again because I'm sick of fighting it, but I'm glad someone is finally acknowledging that the MPC valks were superior to the 1/60 Yamato vf-1's.  In fact, the MPC valks were really great toys, at the end of the day.  Very few quality problems.  It's just that people came to them with a lot of resentment over the legal issues and didn't give them a fair shot.  It's a shame that toynami took a step backwards with the Alpha toys, which are admittedly pretty bad in a lot of ways (good looking in battroid mode, tho).

420066[/snapback]

feh. I worked at a toy store back then and sold that MPC stuff... they were a floppy mess with blurred paint jobs. Always looked like they were on the losing end of a fight with entropy.

Comparing 1/60s to MPCs is like asking which pile of crap is better, the 1/60s had something going for it though... innovation and originality. The MPC was nothing but a bad scaled up 1/72 HCM. The HCMs turned out to be better though.

It is possible to do the whole transforming and joining thang. I was just dying to do it for months! I started to build my own version and yes, it's possible! The excuses are over! Maybe we need to send somebody a petition or somehing? You can't fight city hall, but you can take on license holders! :angry:

Comparing 1/60s to MPCs is like asking which pile of crap is better, the 1/60s had something going for it though... innovation and originality.  The MPC was nothing but a bad scaled up 1/72 HCM.  The HCMs turned out to be better though.

420092[/snapback]

Sorry, that's bullshit. The MPCs had one great thing going for them: you could play with them, pose them, transform them, no problems. The 1/60's would shed legs if you looked at them wrong, and flop over backwards if there was a slight breeze. Trying to get the chest plate to lock down in battroid took more time and patience than picking a good lock. Originality is great, but only if the design works. Speaking as an engineer, there's no pride in creating an original design if it turns out to be inferior.

Of course, if your only concern is how a toy looks, not how it plays, then sure, the 1/60's have the edge. Otherwise, the MPCs had em beat hands down, and those who disagree either didn't buy one, or let groupthink make up their minds for them.

There, I've let myself be pulled back in again. I'm getting dumber as I get older. ;)

I can understand a lot of your fustration on this issue. Now for a devil's advocate, well how about yamato? Well we waited and guess what? they slapped like 5 macross related items for release as far as the general public knows. (Graham is in another class here since he knows what coming!). And we are complaining that they are releasing all in one shot not giving us time to recover. On the flip side, I got Toynami's Voltron and they aint bad. In fact better than my original expectations. Yamato's record isnt exactly stellar either but they redeemed themselves. Remember when they said they were going to put out the YF-19 FP 1/72 scale (was it the 1/72 scale?)? It became vaporware. But the 1/60 version is coming soon.

My opinion? Looking back, I was disappointed with the MPCs. I wasnt entirely happy about the 1/60s either. But they were the game in town. To me, the 1/55s looked too clunky. After having all of them, I am really thinking I need to just stick with 1/48s VF-1 and the 1/60 M0 and M+.

As for the Mospeada, I too want a tranformable and connectable Legioss Tread. I have the 1/35s and sit the MPC alpha beside it. I like the fighter mode because it looks good. Just the landing gear and chest piece keep it from being better. Well, I need to add the arms are not able to pose since you put the gun in the hand the whole arm droops down. Sad to say, it is a wait and see attitude on this beta thing.

Sorry, that's bullshit.  The MPCs had one great thing going for them: you could play with them, pose them, transform them, no problems.  The 1/60's would shed legs if you looked at them wrong, and flop over backwards if there was a slight breeze.  Trying to get the chest plate to lock down in battroid took more time and patience than picking a good lock.  Originality is great, but only if the design works.  Speaking as an engineer, there's no pride in creating an original design if it turns out to be inferior.

Of course, if your only concern is how a toy looks, not how it plays, then sure, the 1/60's have the edge.  Otherwise, the MPCs had em beat hands down, and those who disagree either didn't buy one, or let groupthink make up their minds for them.

There, I've let myself be pulled back in again.  I'm getting dumber as I get older.  ;)

420119[/snapback]

Maybe you missed the part where people said that the MPCs were floppy as hell. And why would you want to play with anything that looks like crap. As adult collectors we tend to be nitpicky about accuracy. I'm glad you're happy about your purchase but that doesn't make it less shitty. And it's not like I've never held an MPC, like I said I bought the first one not knowing anything about 1/60s. But it was instant disappointment. It made me run back to the old Bandais, which were a lot more enjoyable to pay with. When I saw the 1/48s, it was what I was expecting the MPCs to be. Lo and behold, it's made by the same makers of the 1/60s. If Toynami were the ones that admitted their mistakes and made it up to me, whose praises do you think I'd be singing now? But Toynami continues to disappoint, it's the only thing they are consistant at. And like you said, they're making steps backwards...

Sorry, that's bullshit.  The MPCs had one great thing going for them: you could play with them, pose them, transform them, no problems.  The 1/60's would shed legs if you looked at them wrong, and flop over backwards if there was a slight breeze.  Trying to get the chest plate to lock down in battroid took more time and patience than picking a good lock.  Originality is great, but only if the design works.  Speaking as an engineer, there's no pride in creating an original design if it turns out to be inferior.

Of course, if your only concern is how a toy looks, not how it plays, then sure, the 1/60's have the edge.  Otherwise, the MPCs had em beat hands down, and those who disagree either didn't buy one, or let groupthink make up their minds for them.

There, I've let myself be pulled back in again.  I'm getting dumber as I get older.   ;)

420119[/snapback]

Maybe you missed the part where people said that the MPCs were floppy as hell. And why would you want to play with anything that looks like crap. As adult collectors we tend to be nitpicky about accuracy. I'm glad you're happy about your purchase but that doesn't make it less shitty. And it's not like I've never held an MPC, like I said I bought the first one not knowing anything about 1/60s. But it was instant disappointment. It made me run back to the old Bandais, which were a lot more enjoyable to pay with. When I saw the 1/48s, it was what I was expecting the MPCs to be. Lo and behold, it's made by the same makers of the 1/60s. If Toynami were the ones that admitted their mistakes and made it up to me, whose praises do you think I'd be singing now? But Toynami continues to disappoint, it's the only thing they are consistant at. And like you said, they're making steps backwards...

420123[/snapback]

yup yup.

Just out of respect for the dead (the Toynami Beta) can we please keep this topic about that? Sheesh, why does every Toynami topic have to degrade into a pissing match between Yamato toys and Toynami toys. They've both had their lemons... get over it and move on.

since this is about mospeada....

honestly, i think toynami is having the same problem with the beta link up as yamato was having with the 1/60 FP kits(remember those?).

much like yamato, toynami didn't plan ahead as to how they were going to make the beta attach to the already existing/released alpha.

like everyone keeps saying, theres no logical way to attach the beta to the alpha and expect it to hold together so whats the point(outside of just satisfying fans)of toynami continuing with the project?

maybe if toynami had half a brain between them, they'll follow suit with yamato and release a large scale alpha with the beta mind. but until then, i'm going continue to wish for it but i'm certainly not going to hold my breath.