Toynami:

i been trying to fit the cannon in but for some reason its not working. oh wells im leaving it in guardian mode displayed for now.

btw, anyoen interested in the blue toynami alpha? i have an ebay auction for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robotech-Masterpiece-A...1QQcmdZViewItem

also have other stuff there like mangas and other figures. Help me recieve a legioss/tread combo! lol

Does the Alpha you put up on ebay have any defects like shattered hands etc.?

4 emails later I got a reply. I should see it early next week with a prepaid envelope to send back the Ben Dixon VF-1 they sent.

i wouldnt be so pissed if it hadnt taken 4 emails for a reply.

That sucks, but consider yourself lucky. I never got an answer at all from Toynami when I emailed them about my crappy Alpha. <_<

That sucks, but consider yourself lucky. I never got an answer at all from Toynami when I emailed them about my crappy Alpha. <_<

same here. At this point, I don't care if they do build that beta, I'm not buying it. If I want an over priced mechs that fall apart for no reason, I'll buy a yamato, thank you very much.

Edited by eugimon

• 2 weeks later...

Minor correction: I believe the first picture shown above is a new picture of a test shot, as eriku says. The second picture (robot mode) is a picture from last year that Toynami decided to reuse for their slideshow at NYCC. AFAIK no robot mode pictures of the test shot yet.

That's a Shadow Chronicles Beta isn't it? Looks like it has a Synchro Cannon on top of it. It's too bad to hear they don't have new pics in Battloid mode since I'm super curious to know if they've corrected what happens with the cockpit.

Yeah, the cockpit bothers me too. The original design has a sleek snake head. Toynami's looks nothing like it.

Damn, I like CMs' better, but I hate their Legioss and Toynami's Beta sucks in the sculpt department.

Looking at the sculpt it seems really squarish..

Looking at the sculpt it seems really squarish..

Which is not surprising given the fact that the Beta/Tread is a very squarish design. Other than the cockpit being slightly "off"... hard to describe what's wrong with it, it's just a general impression that may be influenced, in some measure, by the angle and possible perspective distortion of the photo, the Toynami sculpt is far more consistent with the line art than CM's rendition (CM's is beautiful in its own right, but it has a large amount of artistic license in its interpretation of the mecha; and it's cockpit is "off" too: far too small for the scale of the toy, albeit with a better shape).

I won't be overly critical of the Beta until I see a photo spread, with accompanying review, of an actual released item... that's IF they ever release this thing before I'm too old to care.

I sincerely hope the Toynami Beta manages to be a good toy for those of you looking forward to it. The odds are really stacked against Toynami, but hopefully the relatively simple design can minimize problems.

I sincerely hope the Toynami Beta manages to be a good toy for those of you looking forward to it. The odds are really stacked against Toynami, but hopefully the relatively simple design can minimize problems.

I'd say there are pretty even odds that the Beta will be great. Of course, there are plenty of folks who will vehemently disagree with me, and some who will vehemently disagree with THEM. Are you just trying to start this pointless flamewar again, in a thread that really doesn't need it? :wacko:

I'd say there are pretty even odds that the Beta will be great. Of course, there are plenty of folks who will vehemently disagree with me, and some who will vehemently disagree with THEM. Are you just trying to start this pointless flamewar again, in a thread that really doesn't need it? :wacko:

Good lord, I wish for the best and get accused of re-starting a flame-war? :huh:

Toynami has a fairly consistently poor track record with their masterpiece toys, thus my statement that the odds are against them. And again, I hope for the best.

Good lord, I wish for the best and get accused of re-starting a flame-war? :huh:

Toynami has a fairly consistently poor track record with their masterpiece toys, thus my statement that the odds are against them. And again, I hope for the best.

Are you being disingenuous? Have you spent much time on these forums? It is the 'consistently poor track record' that is controversial. I'd say they have a fairly good track record. :blink:

I've spent plenty of time on this forum, as well as others, which is exactly why I know Toynami doesn't have a fairly good track record. I also base that on my own experience with their toys. Out of the twenty or so that I've had, only about four or five didn't have major problems. It's widely known here and on other toy forums that Toynami has severely inconsistent quality control and that's what I would call a consistently poor track record.

I'm not intending to trash-talk Toynami. Even though I'm reasonably certain I have a 25% chance of getting a decent toy from them, regardless of what it is, I still support them because they're a domestic company making anime toys which I find to be an overall good thing. Even though I don't plan on buying the Beta (having the CMs makes Toynami's obsolete for me) I hope Toynami does a good job on it and tightens up their QC because the Mospeada fans deserve some good toys.

I haven't heard that many knocks against their Masterpiece Voltron set, so hopefully this will bode well for the Masterpiece Beta, yes?

Well back in the Voltron thread. I bought a MP Voltron and man I was pretty disappointed. All of the lions were fine when I took them out of the box except the black lion. The black lion's neck had absolutely no friction what so ever and it just flopped in every direction imaginable. Moreover once everything was finally combined and then dissembled the black lion's chrome thighs were filled with nasty slashes as though someone hit chrome thighs with an axe. All in all Toynami's most solid MP so far is sub par.

well i emailed toynami about the beta and shadow fighters. heres a reply i got recently.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our Robotech line. The Beta is currently being tooled and we plan to release it this summer. We also hope to have the Shadow Chronicle Alpha out by July or August. Please visit our site regularly for more updates and future images of our Robotech line.

Regards,

Customer Care

Toynami, Inc.

The Beta is currently being tooled

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for posting this for us mate. I hope they finally get their $hit toghether.

:ph34r: