Toynami:

I wouldn't have bought the Alpha if I knew they weren't going to follow through with the Beta.

418362[/snapback]

Amen. It's not bad enough that their toys are junk, but you'd think they would at least follow-through with the line for continuity's sake.

"Buy our toys, we'll make newer, better ones" they told us. They have sone neither. At this point, they have no credibility left as far as I'm concerned.

Dude... there products just plain suck! Did you see the head on that VF-1S? What are they thinking?

418372[/snapback]

heh, i won't buy their stuff for 2 primary reasons

1. they're licensed roblowdrech

2. its 99.9% rehashed versions of the old Taka and bandai figures, with minor upgrades in materials, a couple small joints and the heads with those stupid lights.

hardly worth what they originaly were trying to price at, i ended up with a few 1/60 figures from yamato instead, the detail and all is bout 100x better IMHO

but thats me

i've debated getting the roblowdrech Ben Dixon one or the animation glitch 1R thing, as their kinda uncommon looks, but i can't look at them without thinking "OMFG this thing is crap"

and thats just from any pictures i've seen... even the good pics make them look bad.

at least my Yamato's can strike some awsome poses with hardly a fault, and those that do get reissued with fixes usualy!

Hey Capt,

I guess its up to you now, mybe you will get the 1/32 Alpha done and then a beta, I guess the future is in your hands again. Still the Booster LV is awesome and I am looking forward to your other future kits, but I wish you could fit into the line up a 1/32 alpha/beta.

I think its time to make a poll on how many people would buy a alpha beta 1/48 scale or maybe even a 1/32 scale. Anyone with me? There already is a imai convertable 1/48 alpha, maybe we can get a 1/48 beta made?

Dude... there products just plain suck! Did you see the head on that VF-1S? What are they thinking?

No, seriously, are you going to tell me that Yamato did a better job with the 1/60 head on their 1S? The Toynami 1S head was the best out there... until Yamato's 1/48.

I think its time to make a poll on how many people would buy a alpha beta 1/48 scale or maybe even a 1/32 scale. Anyone with me? There already is a imai convertable 1/48 alpha, maybe we can get a 1/48 beta made?

The MPC essentially is the IMAI kit. They are the same size and dimensions and Toynami actually purchased the molds to the IMAI kit and used them to design their MPC molds. I wouldn't worry about the difference between 1/55 and 1/48 scale with the Legioss in MPC or IMAI kit discussions either seeing as the scale is neither 1/55 nor 1/48 but somewhere in between for battloid mode (and simply unapplicable to fighter mode). If you made Beta/Tread to attach to the IMAI kit it would almost certainly attach to the MPC as well. 1/48 scale for a Beta would make it approximately as tall as the MPC VF-1 and something like 4" deep in battloid mode... I don't think you'd really need to get a larger scale than that.

Toynami rep at a con recently and they were considering a STATIC/non-transformable Beta that would attach to the Alphas.

It's my understanding that Toynami is just kind of shrugging off the Beta and questions related to it at the moment while they determine its fate internally. If I'm not mistaken, the $250 price point originally was said in the context of a guesstimate at what a TRANSFORMABLE Beta MPC would cost and based on that Toynami had begun considering making a non-transformable Beta for significantly less.

My take on this, with Shadow Chronicles finally having a deal penned Toynami might just shelve the Beta entirely and wait and see if demand for RT products doesn't pick up. They're probably also planning a line of Shadow Chronicle toys (cheaper, mass-production stuff) that they will be releasing in the meantime and that might even include smaller plastic alpha/betas... only time will tell.

Actually, the MPC (POS?) is quite different from its Imai counterpart: completely resculpted head, nose, LEXs and main body, as well as some other tweaks in the arms and legs. I have to give them credit where credit is due, it's an improvement over the source material.

Nonetheless, I can't fathom the concept of a 1/48 resin Tread for the old Imai model; it was just never good enough to begin with, and to be blunt, I just don't know if there's enough demand for what would likely be a very complex and labor-intensive undertaking... A Tread, I mean.

Well capt, if I start a forum on interest, you please please consider making it, I have bought alot of your kits, and they are awesome, so what do you say? I would love to see a 1/48 imai tread.

Well capt, if I start a forum on interest, you please please consider making it, I have bought alot of your kits, and they are awesome, so what do you say? I would  love to see a 1/48 imai tread.

418761[/snapback]

If he would consider it it can't be publicly talked about. HG people cruise this forum all the time.

Actually, the MPC (POS?) is quite different from its Imai counterpart: completely resculpted head, nose, LEXs and main body, as well as some other tweaks in the arms and legs. I have to give them credit where credit is due, it's an improvement over the source material.

I do agree that the MPC is an improvement over the Imai kit. Do you think the slight changes made though would make a Tread meant to match up with the model not be able to match up with an MPC? I should think if it could fit one it'd fit the other.

Since when have they cancelled the Beta project ?? Someone in a ComicCon thread said they were doing a resculpt.

All we have is speculation based on some hearsay... you don't need to panic... YET. :)

Edited by jenius

I wouldn't have bought the Alpha if I knew they weren't going to follow through with the Beta.

418362[/snapback]

Exactly, what a bunch of apefaces

418411[/snapback]

Well I guess I'm glad I held off then. I was rather certain that if the Beta did get released it would have to be released with a new Alpha as from what I've read there is no attachment point for the beta on the current Alphas.

Makes me wonder what's to become of this prototype?

Carl

post-317-1153845389_thumb.jpg

post-317-1153845403_thumb.jpg

post-317-1153845418_thumb.jpg

Hey Capt,

I guess its up to you now, mybe you will get the 1/32 Alpha done and then a beta, I guess the future is in your hands again.  Still the Booster LV is awesome and I am looking forward to your other future kits, but I wish you could fit into the line up a 1/32 alpha/beta.

418380[/snapback]

I'll second that statement. If the captian were to make a Tread/Beta it would need a captian made Legioss/Alpha to mate with. I say forget the 1/48 imai tread and do it the right way.

Carl

If there is a chance of getting a:

1. 1/32 alpha/beta made would you buy it?

2. A add on the imai 1/48 kit, this way you can custom make it blue, green, red or shadow.

I have no idea of price point, detail, this is just a poll on interest and suggestion from the MW family on what they would like detail, features and etc....anything you can add.

This is just to show that if a garadge kit can be made that there will be more interest, maybe we can expand to the mospeada and southerncross, macross zero, macross 7 line up.

Thanks to everyone who responds back

Bob

If there is a chance of getting a:

1. 1/32 alpha/beta made would you buy it?

419479[/snapback]

H*@L YES!!!! I might even get 3 or 4 sets so I could do the blue, green, red and shadow versions. As for features and details... this is perfect:

Perfect Legioss

And I trust the captian could do an equally stellar job with the Tread.

Carl

An answer about the connecting to the MPC, the MPC Beta attached to the currently avaialble MPC Alpha (supposedly) via a removeable piece. There was an arm that could be attached to the Beta by some means that then followed along the belly of the Alpha and attached near the chest. It's been a while since I saw the pics and I've always questioned how stable it would be... I wouldn't be surprised if this was a big part of the hangup on the Beta's final design... it seems impossible they'd be able to get a firm attachment. The arm jets also attach to the Beta's chest but how solid could that be???

An answer about the connecting to the MPC, the MPC Beta attached to the currently avaialble MPC Alpha (supposedly) via a removeable piece.  There was an arm that could be attached to the Beta by some means that then followed along the belly of the Alpha and attached near the chest.  It's been a while since I saw the pics and I've always questioned how stable it would be... I wouldn't be surprised if this was a big part of the hangup on the Beta's final design... it seems impossible they'd be able to get a firm attachment.  The arm jets also attach to the Beta's chest but how solid could that be???

419574[/snapback]

gotta agree with you, with the toynami alpha debacle with the poorly planned and poor QC brittle plastic everywhere, I don't see how the alpha beta link up would be anywhere near stable.

I'll patiently wait for any updates.  But if we don't hear or see anything by the time of the SDCC, then it's safe to assume this puppy ain't being made.

396178[/snapback]

I guess it's practically official now: the Toynami version of this sucker may never get made.

IF Toynami's 1/100 line becomes successful (Make enemy mecha),

IF Toynami's other stuff like their Cinemaquettes become successful,

IF Shadow Chronicles does well,

....MAYBE, just maybe, we'll see this thing resurrected.....But I'm not exactly hopeful.

BTW, if HG and Toynami do troll this board, here's my little message to them:

I've bought your MPCs and waited long enough for the Beta. But your treatment of your fanbase is lacking. Perhaps if you were a little more open in your actions and far quicker with updates (like say a certain Japanese toy-maker who revealed the CAD for one of their upcoming projects), I and others like me would be more patient and forgiving.

In the interim, let me just say that I've fallen head over heels in love with Yamato's products and have spent the money I'd would have paid for a Beta (or two) on Yamato's Valkyries and products. Unfortunately, this is the net result of your two companies not being timely and not actively addressing your customers valid concerns and opinions. You can consider the lost revenues from me and other dissatisfied fans the opportunity costs of your "special' brand of doing business.

I honestly do hope Toynami does well and eventually makes a transformable Beta. But like >EXO< said in another post, "I'd go broke just buying their stories. " And I'm tired of sitting around and waiting.

I'll patiently wait for any updates.  But if we don't hear or see anything by the time of the SDCC, then it's safe to assume this puppy ain't being made.

396178[/snapback]

I guess it's practically official now: the Toynami version of this sucker may never get made.

IF Toynami's 1/100 line becomes successful (Make enemy mecha),

IF Toynami's other stuff like their Cinemaquettes become successful,

IF Shadow Chronicles does well,

....MAYBE, just maybe, we'll see this thing resurrected.....But I'm not exactly hopeful.

BTW, if HG and Toynami do troll this board, here's my little message to them:

I've bought your MPCs and waited long enough for the Beta. But your treatment of your fanbase is lacking. Perhaps if you were a little more open in your actions and far quicker with updates (like say a certain Japanese toy-maker who revealed the CAD for one of their upcoming projects), I and others like me would be more patient and forgiving.

In the interim, let me just say that I've fallen head over heels in love with Yamato's products and have spent the money I'd would have paid for a Beta (or two) on Yamato's Valkyries and products. Unfortunately, this is the net result of your two companies not being timely and not actively addressing your customers valid concerns and opinions. You can consider the lost revenues from me and other dissatisfied fans the opportunity costs of your "special' brand of doing business.

I honestly do hope Toynami does well and eventually makes a transformable Beta. But like >EXO< said in another post, "I'd go broke just buying their stories. " And I'm tired of sitting around and waiting.

419655[/snapback]

Good comments mate. A shame about the BETA.

<_<