Zentraedi Naval Vessel - Thuverl Salan

chrono

I like the scale improvements on it, but I have to admit, it doesn't have the same feel as the former trench. I don't have the sources with me, but there's an old NEC PC game which shows a computerised version of that trench from a certain angle. I've see the lineart before too, but unfortunately my macross books are back in Australia (but not for long!).

You've probably got it anyway...

Goddamn, this is so awesome. Keep it up. Never once think that people are not interested - sometimes your work just causes us all to be stunned into silence!

Secondary panel lines are mostly done(still have some to do on the stern area), including the larger details. I Also have placed temporary markers for the Missile turrets and finalized all of the beam turrets places, and unless I can get my weapons under 2000 faces I'm not going to place any on the model except for specific scene renders. Just too many weapons with too high a poly count...

Did a color test with the bow and it's finished trench.

post-2410-1174602080_thumb.jpg

post-2410-1174602153_thumb.jpg

post-2410-1174602627_thumb.jpg

post-2410-1174602698_thumb.jpg

Secondary panel lines are mostly done(still have some to do on the stern area), including the larger details. I Also have placed temporary markers for the Missile turrets and finalized all of the beam turrets places, and unless I can get my weapons under 2000 faces I'm not going to place any on the model except for specific scene renders. Just too many weapons with too high a poly count...

Did a color test with the bow and it's finished trench.

That looks freaking awesome! Keep em coming... don't suppose you've got a low poly render (2-3000 polys) of the ship? It would be sweet for the mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Well she's finished.

She comes in at 3.8 million faces 800k over budget, but I'm happy with it. Sadly no possible renders can be done on my current hardware & software(it's either too large to render or has too many objects to import correctly). Believe I tried to get it rendered today but after spending 3 days fighting it I give up! :angry:

post-2410-1176344730_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That truly is stunning!

It's too bad you couldn't render all the separate sections with a neutral background (or even the black background) and then let us photoshop this masterpiece together.

Color is optional since we could color it in PS anyway...

If successful we could do the same with different angles of view.

So long as the POV is the same distance and the scale doesn't change any, it could work pretty well.

;)

Edited by Zinjo