Yar! Talking About Pirates We Be!

EXO

saw it, it was fun... better pacing and editing compared to the first and the plot is still all over the place but tighter overall.

left me feeling a bit empty at the end though, since the movie was basically a two hour trailer for pirates 3.

I think I'll see it this soon, during the week so it's a little less crowded. I just moved and my friend is away for the week, so I've got no one to see it with. Ordinarily, I'd see a film like this opening day (possibly even the midnight showing). I hope it's as good as the first, which I really liked, flaws and all.

Edited by Mr March

I'll try seeing it sometimes this week and on a related note.

Pirates was fun ride at Disney land. Then they decided to PC there ride. Pirates chasing booty. The kind that shakes was wrong. Even though it would close to historically accurate Pirates ditched chasing booty for food. Telling people to over eat was okay but not chasing booty. When they changed the ride again. Instead of chasing booty or food. The cyborg pirates are chasing Johny Depp. Yep the ride has been altered to fit in elements from the movies.

So in review.

Chasing Booty - Bad.

Chasing Food - Bad.

Chasing Depp - Good.

still havent seen it but , i will. squid head guy looks interesting.

though barnacle/corral reef head guy seems funny enough.

maybe i'll go on friday.

I'll try seeing it sometimes this week and on a related note.

Pirates was fun ride at Disney land.  Then they decided to PC there ride.  Pirates chasing booty.  The kind that shakes was wrong.  Even though it would close to historically accurate Pirates ditched chasing booty for food.    Telling people to over eat was okay but not chasing booty.  When they changed the ride again.  Instead of chasing booty or food.  The cyborg pirates are chasing Johny Depp.  Yep the ride has been altered to fit in elements from the movies.

So in review.

Chasing Booty - Bad.

Chasing Food - Bad.

Chasing Depp - Good.

415018[/snapback]

What if they're chasing Depp's booty?

I hated how it how it really didn't finish it's own story, but depended on POC3 to finish it off. Other than that, I loved it.

415036[/snapback]

That's pretty much what I felt about it. Awesome ride of a movie, but it'll really hinges on how they explain everything in the third part.

This movie really does end in a cliffhanger... no joke.

Anyone stay for the end credit clip?

I hated how it how it really didn't finish it's own story, but depended on POC3 to finish it off. Other than that, I loved it.

415036[/snapback]

415124[/snapback]

Sure did! Mainly because the first movie had a end credit clip too which explains why the monkey is still undead in this movie. BTW anyone play Monkey Island? For some reason I got the sense I was watching a live action version of it.

415036[/snapback]

That's pretty much what I felt about it. Awesome ride of a movie, but it'll really hinges on how they explain everything in the third part.

415124[/snapback]

Yeah! That's what always pissed me off about Empire Strikes Back too. Han gets frozen in carbonite, Luke gets his hand chopped off and Vader tells him he's Luke's father. So then it ends with Luke in his jammies watching Lando fly away? WTF? Way to finish the story, Kershener. :rolleyes:

Is that why all the critics are upset? You've got to be kidding me! Did they think "Fellowship of the Ring" ended the story with two hobbits in the mountains? If that's all the bashing is about with DMC, I think I'm going to enjoy it. I'm patient enough to appreciate a middle act in a film trilogy. Gawd knows we've seen enough of them.

415036[/snapback]

415124[/snapback]

i stayed till the end.... it goes back to the island where Jack was gonna get toasted and shows the Dog on the thone w/ a bone in his mouth.... and the islanders worshipping him... haha...

415036[/snapback]

415124[/snapback]

Yeah! That's what always pissed me off about Empire Strikes Back too. Han gets frozen in carbonite, Luke gets his hand chopped off and Vader tells him he's Luke's father. So then it ends with Luke in his jammies watching Lando fly away? WTF? Way to finish the story, Kershener. :rolleyes:

415216[/snapback]

Relax the rolling eyes Bsu... man... you just can't say "hate" in a movie thread around this guy... :lol:

I freakin loved the movie. I hated the fact they left me hanging, just like Empire did. And Empire is my favorite SW film of all.

I just feel like the questions they opened up all hinge on the third movie. If they pull it off, it'll kick so much ass. If it's weak then I'm not gonna like this one as well. But I'm super excited about next years installment...

At least it's only one year, compared to three years between ESB and ROTJ. That cliffhanger left me dreading Lucas! Damn you Lucas!!! Damn you!!!

I went in expected more of what we got in Curse of the Black Pearl, and yeah, that's pretty much what I got, but with one of those "let's roll the credits just as the story really starts to get good" endings. Not so much like Empire, because while Empire left plenty of room for Return, it tied up things a little more neatly. I'd say more like Halo 2.

Pretty much all the worst critisism I've seen have been that it's exactly what it sets out to be, the middle movie in a trilogy. I loved it, quite a bit. I'm eagerly anticipating the third movie.

I was going to see this last Friday night with friends and I even had a ticket, too, but the $&$& movie theater was showing it in two of their theaters at exactly the same time and of course I bought a ticket for the theater where my friends were NOT in. <_< Ended up getting a refund on the ticket. Guess I'll have to see Jack Sparrow in action some other time. :)

I never saw the first movie on the big screen, but I saw it on DVD and thought it was enjoyable. I am looking forward to seeing this and the upcoming third movie. :)

Believe it or not Pirates aren't my favorite historic people but I studied a lot about them in college and for private research. Occasional I stumbe across some pictures of reinactors. Just recently the local news paper featured an article on one. Can you guess her weight?

Yep a lardo. Sorry but I can't imagine a fat pirate climbing the ringing.

Is there a reason why every fat chick or ugly pocked marked face guy are always the ones dressing up? Typically in the cheapest and least accurate costumes. This for any theme that people that dress up as. Only good looking pirates, knights, Starfleet captains and sailor scouts you see will be on the screen. If you see one face to face that looks good they are typically a hired actor of promotion use. Have they no shame?

Btw this is actually a guy who dresses up like Depp's Jack for hire and does a really good job at it. I think he appeared in a country video.

Is there a reason why every fat chick or ugly pocked marked face guy are always the ones dressing up?

415954[/snapback]

People, by their very nature, tend to be conformists, lashing out at anything even vaguely different from the "norm". Particulary fat or ugly, people tend to already be ousted from society and therefore less restrained by the status quo. I mean, heck, if you're already mocked and alone, you might as well have fun with it.