Which Cement/glue Would You Use

Arthurius

Hi everyone.

I got a vf-1s 1/48th, and i accidentaly broke one of the hinges for the backpack (one of the sides holding the backpack to the plane). Now i tried an instant Krazy glue which i bought for about 2$, and it doesnt seem to do the job.

Thus i am asking for help. Which brand/type cement/glue do you use to fix such a problem, and where can one get it. Remember this is not a plastic model, thus a normal plastic model glue wont do. I find it rather hard holding the 2 pieces with pressure on long enough, and this might be the reason the glue didnt hold (i hold the 2 parts togheter for about a minute as the instruction says, then let it dry in position, however, the bond is not strong enough).

Maybe you have another suggestion not involving buying a new valkirie, and thus, it would be welcome.

Thanks in advance everyone.

PM Rohby. He may be able to hook you up with a recast BP8. Here's a link to the thread about them. Neova may also have recast these, but I don't remember.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

Hi, thanks for the reply.

If i were to buy this, then i would need to dissasemble the valkirie, which i am not sure on how. Is it just a matter of 1 screw, or does it involve breaking glue hold, and more complicated stuff??

And also, any other alternatives, like a glue?

thx

PM Rohby. He may be able to hook you up with a recast BP8. Here's a link to the thread about them. Neova may also have recast these, but I don't remember.

413962[/snapback]

What is epoxy, i am not familier with it. Can you pls tell me a brand, and where i could get it from. Thx in advance.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

If i were to buy this, then i would need to dissasemble the valkirie, which i am not sure on how.  Is it just a matter of 1 screw, or does it involve breaking glue hold, and more complicated stuff??

And also, any other alternatives, like a glue?

thx

413962[/snapback]

413966[/snapback]

There's only one screw to remove and the whole backpack assembly comes off. Of course, you'll need to push out the pins holding the BP7, BP8, and BP9 together. In all it should only take a minute or so and your valk will be back in business. Check out the first post in this thread if you're unsure of the part numbers.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

Thanks, i really appreciate the info, it has helped me alot.

Now, you made me realise something really fantastic. Neova (valkens or anthony)is the guy i would normally buy my valks from and the person i trust the most for buying macross stuff, and i was waiting for him to get back from his trip to buy some more. So i can get all my items in one batch perhaps.

Thanks a bunch, i think case should be closed for this now. It is good to have such aid from pll.

Cheers