1/55 Mods - Let's list them all here...

Skull-1

Thanks for the info guys. I'll see what I can get off of the Bay in the coming months and then post back what I'm missing.

BTW, just want to say that I'm impressed by all the mods people have done over time. Apart from custom paint, I might give the pen/thigh mod a try, but first gotta see how my first try comes out.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey fellas, question for the 1/55 fans. Was there ever an explanation about the weird hand in the box art for the VF-1S Strike?

DSC01988.jpg

Had this toy when I was little, wish I kept it in better shape.

Edited by peter

Hey fellas, question for the 1/55 fans. Was there ever an explanation about the weird hand in the box art for the VF-1S Strike?

DSC01988.jpg

Had this toy when I was little, wish I kept it in better shape.

Your box is in better shape than mine! This is a must own Valkyrie!!

Lol, looks like Hikaru as well as one of the CFs in the background has the claw....

Not a claw, it's the thumb and the side of hand by the index finger. You know, the V shape between your thumb and finger. The fingers are on the other side of the barrel. Think of how your own hand would look wrapped around a big pipe. Same deal.

Not a claw, it's the thumb and the side of hand by the index finger. You know, the V shape between your thumb and finger. The fingers are on the other side of the barrel. Think of how your own hand would look wrapped around a big pipe. Same deal.

Ok, I can see what the artist was trying to do, especailly comparing these to pics:

HMR-Hikaru-VF-1S-1.jpg

Strike-08.jpg

After blowing the image of the original, up, I can make out the lines to indicate the rest of the fingers are wrapped around the gun. 30 year old mystery solved.

But it still looks like a claw, lol!