The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

It says it's coming out this winter. I hope the cost will be the same or in the neighbourhood of the VF-0S.

As for the lower left pic, it said something about Hasegawa's new product coming out in the fall.

But holy cow in downtown Delhi! No wonder Graham was being mysterious! He knew this was coming! :D

The 1/60 YF-19 is an improvement on the 1/72 YF-19 in the same way that the 1/48 VF-1 was an improvemnt over the 1/60 VF-1........only better!

We are talking quantum leap here. Can't go into details yet, but it's gonna be amazing.

Graham

410103[/snapback]

lol holy crap :lol:

It says it's coming out this winter. I hope the cost will be the same or in the neighbourhood of the VF-0S.

As for the lower left pic, it said something about Hasegawa's new product coming out in the fall.

But holy cow in downtown Delhi! No wonder Graham was being mysterious! He knew this was coming!  :D

410106[/snapback]

He's probably got the prototype sitting on his computer desk REEKING OF AWESOMENESS. :lol:

Well yeah i know, but I seem to recall graham saying years back that the 19 is a batty to actually make work in all three modes. Then again the old bandai vf-19 held togetehr pretty well.

410102[/snapback]

Yep, the front landing gear/groin/hip-joint area of the YF-19 is a major pain to design, without involving either parts removal, too short front landing gear or lots of ugly external lumps and bumps which spoil the lines of the fighter mode.

Another problem area is the interface between the upper arms and shoulders and the back of the legs in fighter mode, to keep the fighter looking streamlined enough without the shoulders sitting too high up or having to remove half of the back of the leg.

After many years work those geniuses at Yamato have solved all the above issues. And yes, it will be perfect transformation with no parts removal or parts swapping.

The old Bandai 1/65 VF-19S/Kai had extremely bad proportions, simplified transformation and limited articulation

Graham

But holy cow in downtown Delhi! No wonder Graham was being mysterious! He knew this was coming!  :D

410106[/snapback]

He's probably got the prototype sitting on his computer desk REEKING OF AWESOMENESS. :lol:

410108[/snapback]

Yeah, he's probably smelling the new valk while reading our drooling posts! :p

Well yeah i know, but I seem to recall graham saying years back that the 19 is a batty to actually make work in all three modes. Then again the old bandai vf-19 held togetehr pretty well.

410102[/snapback]

Yep, the front landing gear/groin/hip-joint area of the YF-19 is a major pain to design, without involving either parts removal, too short front landing gear or lots of ugly external lumps and bumps which spoil the lines of the fighter mode.

Another problem area is the interface between the upper arms and shoulders and the back of the legs in fighter mode, to keep the fighter looking streamlined enough without the shoulders sitting too high up or having to remove half of the back of the leg.

After many years work those geniuses at Yamato have solved all the above issues. And yes, it will be perfect transformation with no parts removal or parts swapping.

The old Bandai 1/65 VF-19S/Kai had extremely bad proportions, simplified transformation and limited articulation

Graham

410109[/snapback]

Hopefully these same geniuses will make the 2 seater valks possible. Come on VT-1, VE-1, and VF-1D ;) .

This thread is talking about the apocalypse and there seems to be alot of HOLIES around. XD

So Graham:

1.) Will there be FPs?

2.) Is this sculpt a total resculpt or salvaged from that old YF-19FP?

3.) Why am I asking these when I know you can't answer them? :lol:

Well if Graham says its "Quantum Leap" , i'm super excited.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

Graham

410092[/snapback]

No the moments dont have to be lost just start talking and we'll gladly spread the word from one side of the galaxy to the other. :)

So if these are schematics, when do we get to see the prototype?

Yeah , you know the one on your desk .... :ph34r: .... or do you have the final version already? :blink:

Will Yamato do the new M+ line AND continue the Macross Zero one or does this mean that the VF-0A will be the last MZero valk for a loooong time?

The idea of a VF-0D has taken a back seat?

Well, Yamato sure is going valk crazy :D

I guess this means we'll start seeing a lot more 1/72 YF-19's popping up on E-Bay.

410095[/snapback]

Heh, that's why I just sold my last mint in box 1/72 YF-19 on ebay. :lol:

Graham

410097[/snapback]

I saw that you sold a Low Vis too and about to sell a Max. Is that another hint? :D

Wow. Guess all those people who waited for years for YF19 w FP (which has to happen eventually?) are getting thier dream valk, huh?

1/72 you were good to me, but I have new toys to drool over. :D

And because it will be 1/60 it will fit in right next to Qrau, VF-0, and the 1/60 vf1 range.

Please excuse me while I change underwear.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So Graham:

1.) Will there be FPs?

2.) Is this sculpt a total resculpt or salvaged from that old YF-19FP?

3.) Why am I asking these when I know you can't answer them? :lol:

Well if Graham says its "Quantum Leap" , i'm super excited.

410113[/snapback]

In response: -

1) I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya! :D

2) I guess it's safe to say that this is a totally new sculpt.

3) [dirtyharry]Do you feel lucky? Well, do you punk?[/dirtyharry]

Graham

OMFG!!!!! I never thought I'd see this day, I thought Mac+ was dead in Japan, but yes Yamato does love us!!

Liquid Stone what?! :p

Hey Graham, I know you're not permitted to say much, but since I didn't see any YF-19 gerwalk pics: did Yamato figure how to do a proper A stance in gerwalk (ala Kawamori's lineart)? Also, please inform Yamato that'd we'd all be grateful if they could toss in a fold booster for us. :)

Oh wow, just noticed the mini guns in the torso, NICE!!!!

Finally,, but the timming is kinda mess up.. Way too many releases in such a short time. I'm only complainting because I know I'm going to buy them if I havn't already pre-ordered or gotten them. :angry:

1/60 YF-19 ~$150 me :) Wallet :angry: %$#@!

Well I guess this will be a nice time to get good deals on YF-19. I wonder would the VF-19a increse in price now.

I notice Graham is making a lot of non-commital replies such as "you know I can't say" and "if I told you I'd have to kill you" .. it pretty much translates as "yes." - otherwise there would be no need for such hush-hush replies!

:ph34r:

man I should have been a reverse psychologist. :p

"We just got the -19 fixed!"

"Ohhh, I've been waiting for you - my pretty girl... "

"Higher! Faster!"

;)

Er, a thought: YF-21 almost seems like a future no-brainer, but maybe... VF-11?

Edit: okay, lets not get ahead of ourselves... great news just for the YF-19!

Edited by F-ZeroOne