The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

OMFG. I miss checking this site for a day. HOLY CRAP! Good thing I only have very few 1/72. Color me unimpressed with the 1/72 line.

Looks like I need to sell mine. As for this macross habit, I think I will get 4. No need to get into an arms race with Kensei. ;) I really need to cut back. :ph34r::unsure:

I hope we get a YF-21 and VF-11 in this scale. 

And I agree with Dobber too, bring on the SV-51!!!

Hey and VF-0D.

BTw this beats the crap out of the very first YF-19 toy they did some years back. Remember way back when we thought that thing was pure gold? LOL!!!

410241[/snapback]

nope, not me... I hated those toys. I haven't thought about buying one until now. hehe.

I hope we get a YF-21 and VF-11 in this scale. 

And I agree with Dobber too, bring on the SV-51!!!

Hey and VF-0D.

BTw this beats the crap out of the very first YF-19 toy they did some years back. Remember way back when we thought that thing was pure gold? LOL!!!

410241[/snapback]

nope, not me... I hated those toys. I haven't thought about buying one until now. hehe.

410250[/snapback]

I know how you feel man. I had buyer's remorse right after my VF-11B's hips snapped off. And after Ibought the VF-19A, I felt it should have had more locking mechanisms and tighter ratchets. For something that heavy it should have been more secure. But at that time I was like "OMG this looks WAY better and more accurate than my bandai fire valk!".

So since the 1/60 is coming out I would be more than happy to buy anyone's 1/72 YF-19 for the amazing price of $20 since it will become obsolete shortly.

Anyone keeping their 1/72 YF-19's?

410260[/snapback]

i don't really know why everyone all of the sudden wants to dump their 1/72's? i realize the 1/60 line will be far superior but theres still some value in owning the very first renditions of the 11/19/21.

i mean, look at all the guys who dumped the 1/60 line after the 1/48 was released. it seemed kind of silly(to me) considering its the most complete line of macross toys to date.

to answer your question, i'll be holding onto all 4 of the 1/72 releases. :)

410260[/snapback]

i don't really know why everyone all of the sudden wants to dump their 1/72's? i realize the 1/60 line will be far superior but theres still some value in owning the very first renditions of the 11/19/21.

i mean, look at all the guys who dumped the 1/60 line after the 1/48 was released. it seemed kind of silly(to me) considering its the most complete line of macross toys to date.

410265[/snapback]

To milk their resale value before word gets out on the 1/60, and to finance buying these new $160-$200 toys ?:rolleyes:

It would be good to keep a few to stand next to HCMs...

Edited by ghostryder

Wow, this is great news.

From the CAD design in the first page, I do noticed the Fast Pack on the shoulder  :p  (notice the fin that sticked out).

Coool  :)

410235[/snapback]

ha, that's not the Fast pack, it just the inner plate that come with the orginal Yf-19, but 1/72 Yf-19 haven't made it.

The fastpack it's add on the outter side of the shoulder.

Amazing news, there have allready been so many fantastic toys this year with more to come and now this, the one we've all been waiting so long for...

Who knows what else is on the horizon. :o

The cad drawings are looking good, the gunpod is a little thin but surely that would be easy enough to change.

I like the idea of a light up fold booster very much.

410260[/snapback]

410265[/snapback]

To milk their resale value before word gets out on the 1/60, and to finance buying these new $160-$200 toys ?:rolleyes:

It would be good to keep a few to stand next to HCMs...

410266[/snapback]

if reselling them was your original intention when you purchased them, thats cool, but i didn't pick them up with the intention of ever selling them so why should i consider it now? if the "value" drops, so be it, but i certainly didn't get them for their monetary value(i traded a LV for them for crying out loud), i got them because i like mac plus, its as simple as that. :)

and no need to roll your eyes at me dude, i wasn't even replying to you. :)

and no need to roll your eyes at me dude, i wasn't even replying to you.   :)

410277[/snapback]

Rolly eyes were in reference to what the 1/60 might cost, not at you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

410279[/snapback]

my bad dude. i was sitting here like, what the heck did i do to this guy? why is he pissed at me? :lol:

but yeah the prices on these suckers definitely earns a permanent set of these. :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Just catching up with this thread - saw it when it was just two posts in (what was for me) the morning just before I went to work, looked at the picture and thought "Nah, that can't be what I think it is. The universe isn't that kind to me", and thought no more of it.

I come home this evening to find out that it is in fact what I thought it was, and apparently the universe and Yamato are that kind! Time to start saving now me'thinks

As someone who missed out on the 1/72nd version this one is very, very welcome news. Not too worried whether or not it comes with FAST packs or not - just being able to get a -19 to be CAG Bird for my small collection of Macross toys is good news enough.

I wonder which colour scheme they'll release it in - I would assume they'd use the Plus colours, but they could always surprise me by releasing it in the VF-X colour scheme (Heck, they'll probably release it in both - and a non-canon scheme as well at some point.... low-viz -19 would be nice). Doubt we'd see a -Kai though, I seem to remember someone mentioning something about Yamato not having the Mac 7 licence, which would seem to militate against it.

Wonder if there's any chance of a 1/60th Thunderbolt to go along with it at some point.

Karl

Who knows what else is on the horizon.  :o

Talk to Graham. I suspect that he wont tell or you need to bribe him. ;)

410283[/snapback]

Ah, but even his knowledge only extends as far as Yamatos secrets, I was talking about the whole Jpn toy hobby in general since this year it's been one great toy after another.

Finally, after all these years of waiting, a bigger and better fully transformable YF-19 toy! Yamato never ceases to amaze me.

Now only if Bandai could get off its ass and reissue the 1/55 Strike, Elintseeker and Super Ostrich.

yessssssss..... yessssssss..... there trutly is a god, he loves me.... truly good things happen to BAD people....

i have not been on this site for like 3 weeks and the i come to see what's up and i see this... it really made my day.

as for the design having owned the VF-19A and the hasegawa model you can really tell how far they have come with the design. i really dont care if it looks more robust on the side view since as one member already said the YF-19 was originally made as cell animation and there is a lot of proportion changes in the animation even when they show it in fighter mode.

in my opinion this is the way the YF-19 would really look if it was made in CG with realistic physics and not with anime-magic.

as for the design i hope they include a rotating seat, only that i would rotate in a way that the pilot faces the screen disp´lays that are located in the cockpit's floor, tough i don't know if this is cannon since i have never seen how the pilot's seat stands in battroid mode.

As for the price i think due to the complex design it will be more expensive than the VF-0, maybe around 180 dollars per unit.

another thing, i hope they make the lower legs able to open to display the long range missiles like in ep.4 during the dog fight.

hopefully with the experience that yamato will gain with this design they will be able to start designing the Sv-51 wich in my opinion is the most difficult one due to the very samll parts ijvolved with the transformations, specially with the fatige in such critical areas like the wing root and the parts that connect the legs with the rest of the body.

Graham, just tell me that this thing is coming out well before or well after february, like months, because well I doubt that the new wife will let me buy it around the time of our coming baby.

Graham, just tell me that this thing is coming out well before or well after february, like months, because well I doubt that the new wife will let me buy it around the time of our coming baby.

410350[/snapback]

get your priorities straight! you can't let kids and women stand in the way of Macross... it's not the natural order of things.

money

cars

a good place to get pizza

macross

poker

new Lost episodes

how to get away with murder scott free

relationships

nature

a good parking spot

gas prices

kids

laundry softener that smells great out of the dryer

Just when I thought I'd be happy with the valks I currently have, Yamato busts out a fresh new batch of crack! :blink:

Looks like I've gotta start planning on building a wall-shelf.

........And where's the drooling smilie when we really need it? :D

I always said they should keep the 1/60 line alive for the things impossible

in 1/48

Good news indeed, though I do not want a 19 or 21, this means

there's a break between VF1 releases to get this baby out

my wallet's letting out a sigh of relief

i wont sell my 1/72 vf-11. Its beena  faithful friend for many years. my 21 Ive been tryingt o seel for awhile with no luck :)

how big with the 19 be in 1/60 scale? As big as the 0?

410360[/snapback]

The 19 is a little smaller than the Zero, but still larger than the VF-1.

Chris

I've been waiting like years for this. I hoped that one would come our as soon as the first 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru was released. I knew that Yamato could do so much better with their toy designs when I saw the Thunderbolt and YF-21.