...toynami Mpc More $$$ Than 1/48?

GutsAndCasca

I actually prefer Macrossworld being limited to discussions (and the selling of) Anime and its various byproducts. Sure, some good-natured wandering is always fun for a moment but I'm glad we aren't allowed to go plunging too deeply off-topic. I don't really get the car or WWE threads except for the fact that when most people talk about their cars it's pure fiction as is the WWE. I'm not complaining about those threads by any means though, every rule needs a few exceptions. Hot dogs however... well that's just plain wierd.

I guess since the entire purpose of me signing up at Robotech.com was to find out the best way to obtain Robotech/Macross toys and collectibles, I had a bad (really bad) experience. Like every sentence I typed I did something wrong - which caused me to find this site. Being the dickhead that I am I kept making comments like "I'm not allowed to talk about (BLANK)? What kind of crap is this?" and then some RT.com veteran would be like "Shhh! You can't ask about stuff like that!" Repeat this process.

I understand why they police their site about the toys issue... they gotta' find a way to make some $$$ somehow. But I swear, if I was running their show, I'd buy up a bunch of vintange toys somewhere and then sell them for incredibly rip off prices at RT.com - their prices are already pretty rip off as it stands.

As for Macrossworld.com (my fave site period), the only time I've gotten in trouble here was from some admin who I honestly can't remember his name after I offered up for sale/trade a package of frozen organic hotdogs. I was being totally serious too! 'Still have the hotdogs in my freezer. I guess I should just go ahead and eat them.

409150[/snapback]

I've had the same experience with RT.com. I went there initally to track down info on some RT products, but ended up on MacrossWorld as well. Their very tight "terms of use" policies may be logical from a business perspective, but they take the fun away from the fans who visit the site. I still check the site, but rarely post anymore. It's boring and sterile - the posts here are funny and organic. MacrossWorld rocks!! Thanks for helping to rekindle my enjoyment of a childhood interest folks!!

My 2 cents.

:)

I agree with you Vermillion. I started out over there, and then stumbled onto this site, and have been glued to it ever since. Once in awhile, when things are slow at work, I'll drop back in over there, and find absolutely nothing new during the 6 months I hadn't logged on.

Over here, with the for sale threads, the custom toys and model threads, and the awesome resin kits, it just stomps all over the other site as far as holding my interest. But as Jenius pointed out, it's probably due in large part to the fact that RT.com is a company run site, and this one is by the fans, for the fans.

I think MW used to have considerably more hatred for Robotech and there was a while there where both sites kinda seemed lame to me. I'd lurk here and watch people spew insults like chimps with feces and then go to RT.com and see posts get locked and deleted.

Then I started collecting toys and once I actually started participating on this board the RT hatred seemed less prevalent. I don't know exactly how that happened. Now it seems like people can discuss pretty much anything and get some decent feedback without getting into a flame war... (although I have a tendency to instigate some flaming when it comes to Mac7 but I'm seeing a group about that and hoping to have the habit kicked).

Anyway, RT.com is what it is and there's no use hating it for that. Just use it for what it's useful for. Swing by occasionally and look for Shadow Chronicles news or news about new Toynami products.

People grow more sensible over time. I think the RT VS Macross thing was mostly due to most ppl coming from RT forums who got banned or mistreated by mods there for mentioning yamato or macross, and subsequently migrated here.

Then ppl like me who were never on RT forums joined in.

Well. Up until I joined this site, I had a helluva' time piecing together Macross 2, DRYL, Macross Plus, and Macross Zero with Robotech. I think it was like my 3rd post when I asked "what's the difference between macross and robotech?" I actually got a good swift answer with a really interesting link about the origins of robotech. I suppose it was by pure luck, and out of a hardcore time consuming search for robotech/macross products, that I now am at this cool site, and I now know soooOO much. Amazing what I've learned in the few months I've been posting here. Also, this site has some VERY cool people, as I've had many folks help me out with all sorts of things from toy acquisitions to information on customizing. *hats off to Devin, who continues to coach me to this day* I think some folks around here are a lil' bit on the dickheaded side of the spectrum... but that's to be expected.

I shudder to think where I'd be if I'd never found Macrossworld. Man. I'd be confused as hell. I wonder how many robotech fans are out there, wondering HOW Macross Plus and Macross Zero fit into it. And of course, I'd be confused as to why Robotech Masterpiece collection toys come in the super-cool books with the artwork on the side, while the obviously superior yamatos are in somewhat lame cardboard and plastic packaging. Heck, I kinda' still wonder that to this day...

And of course, I'd be confused as to why Robotech Masterpiece collection toys come in the super-cool books with the artwork on the side, while the obviously superior yamatos are in somewhat lame cardboard and plastic packaging. Heck, I kinda' still wonder that to this day...

You know what they say: never judge on the outside, it's what's inside that counts.

:)

That's why you throw water balloons filled with urine at people you don't like instead of water. It lets them reflect on who they really are inside and how this contributed to their current state.

That's why you throw water balloons filled with urine at people you don't like instead of water. It lets them reflect on who they really are inside and how this contributed to their current state.

409819[/snapback]

ha ha ha ha

:lol:

If you could pee with enough water pressure to fill a water balloon you have some truly talent and there are people in a certain "industry" that I'm sure would love to talk to you. :D