Valkyries @ Work?

Vermillion21

Just curious: who displays their Macross valkyrie "toys/collector's items" at work?

I've noticed in some posts, people mentioning they have their valkyries at their desk/in their office. Really? Wow. I'm impressed. I shudder at the thought of having to explain my "valkyrie addiction" to my co-workers, answer their "what's Macross?" questions and why I (as a grown adult) have a toy robot/fighter plane on my desk/in my office.

:p:p:p

Also, their reaction to the price of a 1/48 Yamato ....

:o:o:o

So, who has valkyries at their desk/in their office at work and what do you have there?

Me, I don't have anything at work. I keep "the stuff" at home ...

:lol::lol::lol:

I can't wait until the new Toynami 1/100s come out because I guarantee one of those will end up in my office. I'll probably just leave it in fighter mode and I doubt anyone will say anything. I would never bring any toy nicer than that though as I'm sure it'll yellow and be coated with dust in no time.

I guess it depends on the kind of job you may have and the position of course. If you are a designer then I guess it is no problem to have some toys arround your computer, like some of my employees here. Girls have all those cute little plastic toys on top of the monitors... Hello Kitty, My melody, you name it.

In my position I am totally screwed, If I have TOYS in the shelfes of my office instead of serious books, cathalogs and important people pictures... my clients will run away and my employees will loose respect. So I have to get all my stuff at home and locked away from my son and visitors.

It feels so unfair. :(

I keep my 1/48 Focker on my desk at work! Also have a Toynami Alpha and some TF BTs. But, to balance out my geeky side, I have some football helmets and a Warriors basketball up too! :)

I don't due to fear of getting stares, but i wish i could bring it so i can actually finish stickering up my valks. I have lots of time in the office to kill, but none at home, ironic as it may sound. :(

I keep a CF w/FP, a 1j w/ GBP armour and a VF-0a at work. None of these guys are stickered up though.

My work revolves around a hobby driven industry and I have a 24 gallon nano reef aquarium and a five gallon frog habitat in my cube as it is, so sneaking in a few transforming toys hasn't been an issue. :)

I've received packages with toys at work, but I don't have the temerity to have any of my stuff so conspicuously displayed. I think it comes down to two reasons: first, even though I am a designer/engineer, having toys around my workspace just seems too unprofessional; second, I would hate to have to justify the presence of a toy, most notably a transforming fighter/jet plane, to any of my coworkers, specially the female ones. Now, if I were in the toy industry all bets would be off and I'd have several pieces prominently displayed, and call them research and inspiration.

Edited by mechaninac

I've got my very first 1/48 on display right next to me at my desk. Hikaru 1A w/ FAST Packs. It's the only one I ever completely stickered up (Takatoys stickers). It's the only one I display at work because it's got the crooked tail-fins (1st edition) and some cracked hips. So, I don't mind if it walks or gets damaged.

It's brought about five people out of the Macross/RT closet. Two of which have actually been aware of Macross's relationship to RT.

H

Isn't it amazing how that happens?.

I went to a Cisco training class back in February, and took my laptop with a nice Minmay image as the desktop.

By the end of the second day, 3 out of the other 5 guys in the class were talking about Macross and/or Robotech.

Back on topic...

I had a 1/48 Roy on my desk for a while, but eventually took it home. Right now, all I have is a Basara CM fig.

Last week, I brought in the VF-0 one day and the Stealth the next to show off to some other MW members that work in my building, and the guy that sits next to me couldn't keep his hands off them. B))

I had a 1/144 YF-19 velcroed on top of the radar unit in my car at work, but they just got me a new radar and they told me not to do it again, so I will probably hang the YF-19 from the mirror.

404151[/snapback]

how many times have you gotten informed "not to do that again" due to MW? "Don't mount stuff on your radar, no your car can't have fast packs, stop beheading the target dummies". :lol:

me... I work diferent sites and use power tools. I just don't think I could mount a valk on my hammerdrill or cutsaw :unsure:

Edited by kanata67

I stopped bringing toys to my restaurant after I saw one of them being served on a plate...

where i used to work before, i had unicorn, the dinobots, joke machine vf-1a displayed on my table. it was nice and all at first, but then people started to play with it more and more. it sucks because i just want the toys at work, but no privacy and i was afraid someone would jack my joke machine vf-1a. so, i decided to take that piece home and leave the rest. there was one guy that always played with my toys. i dont know what's up with him. i know that he is crazy about transformers and he has them at home, but why does he want to play with mine is something i am still confused til this day :p, kyatsu

...he has them at home, but why does he want to play with mine is something i am still confused til this day :p, kyatsu

404220[/snapback]

said many a woman about a married man :rolleyes:

I work for an ISP connection provider. So a lot of people have stuff on their desks. Most poeple still call my Macross and Gundam figures Transformers till this day. I switch out my collection every so offen to keep is fresh. They like comming by my desk. I have had just about everything displayed at my desk. The main display pieces of my co-workers around the office of course are Star Wars and Star Trek. It a good way to fine other collectors in the office.

that's funny kanata. hehehe :D:lol::p:rolleyes:;)B)):)

...he has them at home, but why does he want to play with mine is something i am still confused til this day :p, kyatsu

404220[/snapback]

said many a woman about a married man :rolleyes:

404228[/snapback]

hey hurin, what kind of work do you do? curious, kyatsu

404219[/snapback]

Systems/Network Administration. Mostly Windows. Some linux.

PM me though if you want to talk about me instead of toys. :lol:

Well as my desk is in the show room area of our office I dont have much room so added to the fact that only two people in my office know what Macross is the rest just just think that I collect kids toys and figures of school girls (Minmay) and Im a bit strange. One Guy also understands about Valks as he saw a lot of them while he was in the Army Aircorps as they are understandably into aircraft, and arround that time Rowboatheck was airing for the first time in Europe. I just have to make do with a macross desktop picture on my computer and a kite logo in my work van and car. At least a lot of my clients know what Macross is when they see my laptop.

I've had 1/48, 1/60, CM's figs, Resin Kits, you name it it's all been here at work but just about all of them have been for MW members. My co-workers just laugh when I come back from lunch and see stuff from thier childhood.

No real need in keeping anything here since all I have to do is just walk to the nearest toy shop.

I work in a "cube farm" environment and there is no way I'd have toys lying around my desk. Management would NOT be happy.

:)

I can't believe some of you have the guts to bring your 1/48 Yamatos to the workplace .... hope that none of your co-workers break 'em!

:p

I've thought about it many a times myself, but of all the reasons, there's only one that always ends up stopping me. I just really don't trust the ppl. in my office. :ph34r: Not neccessarily to steal my stuff, but to break it when i'm not around and act like nothing happened afterward. <_<

So I used to have Valkyrie toys at my desk and I was never ashamed about it. One problem I did encounter was that people would have their kids in and they would see toys on my desk and let their kids play with them :o

I only brought in some Banpresto trading figures for that reason and in case they were stolen.

In the end, I found that having Valks on top of my monitor was very distracting! I'd be tapping away at my keyboard, hard at work, look up, see the toys, think to myself,"Mmmmm.... Valkyries...", and jump online to check out the forums. Pretty soon 30 minutes had past, my work is late, boss walks by, I'm reading about toy robots...

So now my cubicle is completely barren (by my choice) and devoid of even photos.

I get much more work done now :)

So I used to have Valkyrie toys at my desk and I was never ashamed about it.  One problem I did encounter was that people would have their kids in and they would see toys on my desk and let their kids play with them  :o

I only brought in some Banpresto trading figures for that reason and in case they were stolen.

In the end, I found that having Valks on top of my monitor was very distracting!  I'd be tapping away at my keyboard, hard at work, look up, see the toys, think to myself,"Mmmmm.... Valkyries...", and jump online to check out the forums.  Pretty soon 30 minutes had past, my work is late, boss walks by, I'm reading about toy robots... 

So now my cubicle is completely barren (by my choice) and devoid of even photos. 

404571[/snapback]

Where were you when you were writing this?? :lol:

So I used to have Valkyrie toys at my desk and I was never ashamed about it.  One problem I did encounter was that people would have their kids in and they would see toys on my desk and let their kids play with them  :o

In the end, I found that having Valks on top of my monitor was very distracting!  I'd be tapping away at my keyboard, hard at work, look up, see the toys, think to myself,"Mmmmm.... Valkyries...", and jump online to check out the forums.  Pretty soon 30 minutes had past, my work is late, boss walks by, I'm reading about toy robots... 

404571[/snapback]

404593[/snapback]

Haha, I was wondering if anyone would catch that :D

I was on lunch break :p

404571[/snapback]

404593[/snapback]

Haha, I was wondering if anyone would catch that :D

I was on lunch break :p

404682[/snapback]

Ha ha ha - I've been tempted to check out the MW forums at work too!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Ha - the school district in which I teach has blocked all message boards, so I can't check MW at work. :( I also can't get to legit music education message boards because they have blocked those too. Thanks for the help, administration!

Edited by valkyrie312

only thing I have right now at my work is a beat up VF-1S JM in Valk mode, and the superposeable VF-1S Roy's last stand. I did have a 1/60 VF-1A hikaru valk, but sold it off. Oh yeah, I have some CMS figures too. One thing that was messed up is before I had up CMS series 1 Hikaru, Minmay, and chase figure out on display on my work shelf. Someone decided they liked the minmay figure and took the figure and left me with the stand. I was a little ticked off, but I got over realy quick as it was just the bootleg set I put up. ;):D:p:lol: So what ever else I plan on putting up at work, I'll already have doubles of or it's something I really don't care for much. It's just for decorations. :D:p:lol: