Macross Dyrl For Ps2

GutsAndCasca

im on level 12 (T.V. missions) now and all i have to say is this game is a dream come true!!! blasting away at Zentran ships  with nukes is AWESOME!!!!!

420217[/snapback]

:D

Oooh, how I agree.

• 2 months later...

One can only hope. I'm not clear on this, but I don't think the PS2 game sold as well as hoped. I don't think it sold poorly... but just not any blockbuster numbers.

Unless there's a very hidden surprise, I think Studio Nue screwed the pooch by not planning a new project for the 25th anniversary. A new project in conjuction with the 25th anniversary would really spur an interest in the buying public for more Macross goodies. It would be the best time to release a new game, encompasing all of the official storylines from MacZero to whatever the new project would've been.

Yeah... but what sucks, is that what if the PS3 Macross game only get released in Japan? How will we play that on our American systems? I won't want to modify a frickin', 600 dollar system. Hell no.

Actually, I heard somewhere (can't remember where though) that the American PS3 will be able to play Japanese games without the need of modifications.

supposedly Sony is dropping the region code on games, the PSP plays any region games, i've a couple Japanese ones i play in my PSP, and my buddy who baught a Japanese PSP plays a buncha american games in his.

only the movies are region coded anymore.

i think the XBox 360 may have done this too, or so there was a rumor, but with a lack of any 360 games i'm interested enough to test it on from Japan, i haven't tried :p

supposedly Sony is dropping the region code on games, the PSP plays any region games, i've a couple Japanese ones i play in my PSP, and my buddy who baught a Japanese PSP plays a buncha american games in his.

only the movies are region coded anymore.

i think the XBox 360 may have done this too, or so there was a rumor, but with a lack of any 360 games i'm interested enough to test it on from Japan, i haven't tried :p

Yes, Ps3 games aren't "region coded". Even if they would be, they will follow the Blu-ray/HD-DVD region coding in which both the US and Japan are in the same region now....so import away for PS3!!!!! :D

So if the PS3 is backwards compatible then would imported PS2 games work?

If so 1up for Sony.

No I don't think so. While teh backwards compatibility is there, the region coding on those remains as far as I know. It's for PS3 discs that there is no lock out.

Edited by Gaijin

No I don't think so. While teh backwards compatibility is there, the region coding on those remains as far as I know. It's for PS3 discs that there is no lock out.

Except they'd have to build the encoding into the new hardware, not likely if they're not going to code PS3 games. Only one more month until we find out for sure though.

Soapbox mode on:

So why did they change the aiming convention in this game? Aiming in every single game I have on xbox or xbox360 has used the right thumbstick to aim and the left thumbstick for movement. In Battlecry they are reversed!?!?!?!?! wtf! :angry::blink::wacko:<_<

Soapbox mode off:

Can you change the thumbstick assignments?

Thanks,

Steve

I'll take Battlecry over ANY of the Bandai produced Macross VF-X games ANY day; those games were utter crap. Asides from the PS2 game, Battlecry is the ONLY above average action/simulator that features a Variable fighter. Once you get past your hatred of Robotech you can see that Battlecry isn't that bad of a game at all...

really it doesn't have anything that could be considered lesser to roblowtech battlecry, its superior in most all area's aside it doesn't have a multiplayer of any kind available, and another thing better than Roblowtech ATM is A.C.E 2

i never liked battlecry that much because it had such shoddy and odd controls, i ask once more, wtf is gerwalk mode without a reverse thrust?!

if i had the choice to go back, i'd dump battlecry and wait for a better one, cause IMHO Scramble Valkyrie was better.

but tis my thaughts.

Except they'd have to build the encoding into the new hardware, not likely if they're not going to code PS3 games. Only one more month until we find out for sure though.

actualy they'd almost have to program in the proper code for the original PS2 games to Function, mostly due to licensing issues between them and others.

Weather they do or not, like u've said, is in the air.

but i've got hands down that they did.

Edited by GrimlockCW

I think some people are getting confused. The reason you will be able to play games imported from Japan on your US PS3 is not because they're region-free, but rather because US and Japan are now in the same region when Blu-Ray discs are concerned. Right? Perhaps it is I that am confused. I don't know anymore :wacko:

I'll take Battlecry over ANY of the Bandai produced Macross VF-X games ANY day; those games were utter crap. Asides from the PS2 game, Battlecry is the ONLY above average action/simulator that features a Variable fighter. Once you get past your hatred of Robotech you can see that Battlecry isn't that bad of a game at all...

Considering battlecry is pretty much The VFX-1 engine with cell shaded graphics & VFX-2's static backgrounds, I honestly don't see how you can think that.

Well control for one thing, as the "Veritech" in BC is a craft that is reasonably pilotable, unlike the VF-X's control scheme and camera angles that just didn't make any sense at all. I don't even want to mention the fact that the VF-X's had MAJOR graphical errors like constant pop-up, distorted character models, objects and characters that were there one minute and GONE the next, etc. The soundtracks for those games were also murder on the ears-I'd rather listen to Enya's greatest hits than anything the VF-X games had to offer. "Get Free?" Get me away from those games, is more like it.

Don't get me wrong, I WANTED the VF-X games to be the killer Macross 'apps but they were just too sloppy and I have no patience for that. Say what you will about BC's repetitive and frustrating missions but the game is executed smoothly and the game was designed as such that in the heat of battle, transforming on the fly, I truly felt that I was piloting a Veritech/Valkyrie...

I think some people are getting confused. The reason you will be able to play games imported from Japan on your US PS3 is not because they're region-free, but rather because US and Japan are now in the same region when Blu-Ray discs are concerned. Right? Perhaps it is I that am confused. I don't know anymore :wacko:

PS3 games are currently not "region coded". Thus you can import them. You could see wind up seeing certain titles locked to a certain region if the developer insists on it but this would probably be the exception (anything is possible) and not the norm.