Vf-4 From Hobbyfan

Ido

Hello, I got yesterday a Club-M Vf-4 from hobbyfan the resin parts looks ok but the vacu-formed canopy its ugly, I have others canopies from original garage kits and the canopy frame is visible and the plastic don't have faults even in 1/144 scale.

In the one I got from hobbyfan, as said its ugly, the plastic its thick and looks like it didn't conformed to details as results:

1-there are bubbles

2- it's not really clear

3- The frame is almost invisible on one side, thick and round upside and on one side there isn't frame at all.

It's so ugly I think I will not be able to use it

I would like to know from who got Club-M recasts from HF if the quality of the canopy is better as I wish to write to hobbyfan to get a replacement one.

I will also check the resin parts closely but I have no time right now.

Please share your opinion.

post-2092-1148754669_thumb.jpgpost-2092-1148754653_thumb.jpgpost-2092-1148754641_thumb.jpgpost-2092-1148754679_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ido

i would recomend contacting hobbyfan they are usually good with replacing parts but you need to contact them soon if you wait to long you will lose your oppertunity, specially if the item goes out of stock then you will have to wait for them to get more which could take months on end.

chris

i would recomend contacting hobbyfan they are usually good with replacing parts but you need to contact them soon if you wait to long you will lose your oppertunity, specially if the item goes out of stock then you will have to wait for them to get more which could take months on end.

chris

402773[/snapback]

thanks for your reply.

Before contacting them I would like to be sure what I received it's not normal, If the Club-M canopy actually sucks both in the original kit and in the recasts as well It's useless to lose time asking for a replacement.

I'll tell you soon about my HF recast, as it is underway ;)

I hope (sorry for you buddy), that it is onlys a sole misfortune...

Keep you informed....

402804[/snapback]

Let me know! :)

I had the idea of painting the canopy with some tamiya flat gray so I could take the pics, you should see the bumps

on the sides, you don't see the canopy frame just cause there isn't one.

It looks more like a clear lump of something then a canopy, I really hope is a sole misfortune. :p

The resin parts looks ok, I can olways fix a resin part with mori mori and sandpaper work but How the hell do I fix something like THIS?(Its a lot worse that what it looks in the pics)

post-2092-1148754669_thumb.jpgpost-2092-1148754653_thumb.jpgpost-2092-1148754641_thumb.jpgpost-2092-1148754679_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ido

I received my VF-4 from Hobbyfan and canopy is transparent, I'm happy to know your problem was solved. :D

404223[/snapback]

Well.. mine is clear too, it's not that the problem....

It's the surface ok on your? Bumps, bubbles, scratch? do you clearly see the canopy frame?

• 3 weeks later...

I received the replacement part today, I wished for a more visible frame but its okay, there aren't bumps and it can be used without troubles.

Thanks to Hobbyfan for the quick replacement. :)

I received the replacement part today, I wished for a more visible frame but its okay, there aren't bumps and it can be used without troubles.

Thanks to Hobbyfan for the quick replacement. :)

409125[/snapback]

...and i'm sill waiting for the VF-4 !! ..... grrr.. it takes too long to get to France...

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine today (woow .. shipping to France takes a looooot of time) and canopy is trash.

Luckily it has the fingerprints of the molder, so at least we can indentify who did trash the canopy ;)

Ido, could you pm about the procedure you went trough to get a new one?

Got mine today (woow .. shipping to France takes a looooot of time) and canopy is trash.

Luckily it has the fingerprints of the molder, so at least we can indentify who did trash the canopy ;)

Ido, could you pm about the procedure you went trough to get a new one?

414346[/snapback]

I made some spare canopies for Elec-Indigo and my self a year ago. send me a PM if you need a spare . I live in Germany so mail won't take to long to France. If you need other pictures I refere searching the MW Forum for Electric Indigos VF-4G

post-1730-1152381457_thumb.jpg