Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

looks like everyone is getting to love this beauty. Let me express from my 'point of view'.

[attachmentid=37393]

LOVE IT! just took the photos today and i just pick randomly and still every photo looks superb!

post-3479-1161581811_thumb.jpg

Edited by ikhii

I can't say whether or not Yamato has an SV-51 in development.

What I will say though is that in fighter mode, the SV-51 at 22.77m long is significantly bigger than the VF-0 at 18.69m long.

A 1/60 scale SV-51 would be significantly bigger than a 1/60 scale VF-0.

My completed Hasegawa 1/72 SV-51 dwarfs my completed Hasegawa VF-0S.

Given the size of the SV-51 shown in that display cabinet, it is likely to be a Hasegawa.

Graham

But it doesn't make sense having a Skull on the heatshield, when there are Rabbits on the tail fins.

Graham

True, but that's part of the work in progress bit.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to keep it or not. Mainly I think the HS looks a bit empty or plain without something there.

Operationally, it could possibly explained as a hasty repair which required the replacement of a HS and the only one they had on hand was pulled off a trashed skull fighter. ;) Happened all the time in WW2. There was even a B-17 that was assembled from the front and back halves of two different B-17s built by two seperate contractors, just because they needed an operational aircraft and had two half destroyed ones. (EDIT: It was "The Swoose", which started life as a B-17D flew several missions until being critically damaged and retired to Australia, where it was given a replacement back half from another B-17. It continued to serve until once again grounded due to spar cracking and corrosion, but was again saved with replacement parts and in the process, upgraded to a B-17E).

Mostly it's just a test though. Decals are nice that way, since they can be removed later if needed.

Edited by BinaryFalcon

I can't say whether or not Yamato has an SV-51 in development.

That means there will be!! Cuz Yammy doesn't allow him to say things that are in development, but why can't the G man deny that its not being made if Yammy wasn't actually planning it? Eh? Eh? And besides if the VF-0 is done, its only the logical way to go SV-51. w00ts!

Unless Graham's just being a cock teaser as usual. :rolleyes:

Ummm... what happened to the pitot tube? :blink:

Crap, I put it away while panel lining and stickering, and forgot to put it back on.

On another note, the stock gray Yamato stickers are REALLY crappy in terms of edge clarity and contrast with the gray plastic. The skulls inside the fins and the UN SPACY on the actual legs are barely visible and look like blobs. A shade darker gray and crisper edges would have been nice.

Crap, I put it away while panel lining and stickering, and forgot to put it back on.

On another note, the stock gray Yamato stickers are REALLY crappy in terms of edge clarity and contrast with the gray plastic. The skulls inside the fins and the UN SPACY on the actual legs are barely visible and look like blobs. A shade darker gray and crisper edges would have been nice.

Hehe...

Did you painted the outer-side of the tail fins?

Looks awesome and gives a lot of contrast to the skull on them.

Damn!! I gotta rob someone fast to get mine!!!! :(

I did ;) .

Thinking about it now, I'm going to pull off all the fuzzy gray Yamato stickers (inside skulls and UN SPACY on legs). The 0A scheme is a bastardiztion of 70s gray/white high-vis and modern low-vis, so the really light gray symbols don't mesh well with the overall scheme.

Ok where can else can I find stands like those?

Last time I checked they were sold out, and I need about 10 to 15. . .

Edited by DARKWIND

Ok where can else can I find stands like those?

Last time I checked they were sold out, and I need about 10 to 15. . .

Just to tempt you even more, here are some old pics I took when I got my stands about 3 or so years ago (man, so long ago!! )

[attachmentid=37447] [attachmentid=37448] [attachmentid=37449] [attachmentid=37450]

post-821-1161852569_thumb.jpg

post-821-1161852623_thumb.jpg

post-821-1161852646_thumb.jpg

post-821-1161852665_thumb.jpg

Thanks alot now to shif the budget and get a few. . .

Guppy where did you get that S-Type head from?

Looks like a scaled down 1/48 head or is it from a Hasegawa VF-1S?

well spotted! I swapped the 1/60 head with the spare head from the 1/72 kit.. I thought it looked heaps better.

Ghostryder,

What stickers/decals did you use for your 0A? She is beautiful!!! I've been trying to resist getting this edition but after seeing your pics I can't hold off. Hopfully they will still be around at christmas time when I have more money. Also, what color grey did you use for the Horizontal Stabs? It looks perfect.

Chris

What stickers/decals did you use for your 0A? She is beautiful!!!

Also, what color grey did you use for the Horizontal Stabs? It looks perfect.

I used the Takatoy VF-0S set for the white skulls and "Asuka", and the Takatoy 1/48 set for numbers ("011" turned upsidedown). I couldn't find another 300 series number set in black and white, other than Roy's 301. Everything else, believe it or not, is stock Yamato stickers. The Yamato kite matches the wing kite perfectly, and is quite a bit different than the Takatoy version.

As for the vertical stab color, I think I used Model Master acrylic gunship gray, with a touch of black mixed in. In retrospect, I used way too much black, but it's close enough for gov'ment work. 0.3mm HB pencil for the panel lines on the fighter, and Pigma Micron pen and lots of spit :p for the panel lines on the fastpacks and gun

Edited by ghostryder