Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

Feels the same to me.

i too had broken tailpins on mine, so hopefully i can get them swapped over. Also got my first (and only) set of strike FAST packs for my 48 1S which was exciting.

But yeah bummed about the tailfins :( Hope i can get em swapped quickly

edity: Ok, this is just stupid. The left arm has shattered below the shoulder and above the elbow, at the swivwel joint.

piece a crap....

Edited by Scream Man

edity: Ok, this is just stupid. The left arm has shattered below the shoulder and above the elbow, at the swivwel joint.

piece a crap....

Really sorry to hear that... did it happen during transformation? Might be an issue with the new screw that they added to tighten the joint, which could have been over-tightened at the factory :( . Can you take pics?

thats sucks some of these are breaking, i've been man-handling mine(i'm planning on buying another one soon so it doesn't matter) and haven't had a single problem with it.

the only real issue i have with this toy is the not-as-tight fighter mode and its limited poseability in battroid mode.

That's such a shame, i don't have a 0A (paid for the 19 instead) but i have a 0S and i absolutely love it. Mine came with tight joints and i've already transformed it at least 10 times with no problems. The only complaint i have (I don't know if they fixed it on the 0A) is the backpack in battroid mode doesn't 'click' into place but relies on joint tension to keep it in place.

Also there's some fickle areas in its transformation (making the arms fit flush in fighter, getting the landing gears out, and pushing that back plate through to the neck in battroid) but it's worth going through for the accuracy of the product.

The only complaint i have (I don't know if they fixed it on the 0A) is the backpack in battroid mode doesn't 'click' into place but relies on joint tension to keep it in place.

And because there is NO joint tension whatsoever the backback just drops back down in battroid mode. :angry:

And because there is NO joint tension whatsoever the backback just drops back down in battroid mode. :angry:

Dude, I suggest you find a different valk manufacturer... Seems as though yamato is personally picking on all the valks you buy and sabotaging them... :lol:

Seriously.. "No joint tension whatsoever?" c'mon now...

Either you're exaggerating or the above might just be the case... :p^_^

It stays in place if you push it up (as far as you can without breaking the thing). I'm actually flipping mine over for gravity's full effect on it and it's still staying in place.... and I'm talking about my vf-0s here... it's even more secure in the vf-0a.

Mine falls down about 2 cm after being pushed up which means the backpack hangs on the back of the VF-0S at about a 50 to 60 degree angle.

As for Yamato sabotaging all of my Valks...You must have me confused with someone else. My VF-0S is fine except for the backpack problem (thank god). And my VF-0A is allmost perfect except for a pitot tube that's slightly bent and a canopy that's a bit scratched.

honestly, i think you guys are doing it wrong because mine is nice and tight and isn't floppy in the slightest.

unlike the BP8 on the 1/48 which only has the one hinge point, the VF-0 actually has 2 hinge points.

i'll try to find a pic of it..

Mine falls down about 2 cm after being pushed up which means the backpack hangs on the back of the VF-0S at about a 50 to 60 degree angle.

As for Yamato sabotaging all of my Valks...You must have me confused with someone else. My VF-0S is fine except for the backpack problem (thank god). And my VF-0A is allmost perfect except for a pitot tube that's slightly bent and a canopy that's a bit scratched.

It wasn't an attacking comment. I'm apologize if it seemed that way.

However :p , I do recall you expressing much concern over yamato first runs which is why I assumed you've had some unpleasant experiences with their QC issues and hence the reason for my comment.

I was over careful with my vf-0s and it's backpack, but upon applying just a bit of force up it happily stays in place. Anyways, if all fails, I suppose then this is your first sabotaged valk. :p

On another topic...

I'm REALLY enjoying the overall look and feel of this toy. I'm very happy that a simple pencil panel line job stands out nicely against the gray plastic.

I'm still debating if I should wait for custom stickers. Someone mentioned that the stock 0A stickers were thinner than typical Yamato. I don't have an old sticker sheet to compare either the thickness or stickiness. Anyone else that stickered their 0A want to chime in on the sticker quality?

On another topic...

I'm REALLY enjoying the overall look and feel of this toy. I'm very happy that a simple pencil panel line job stands out nicely against the gray plastic.

I'm still debating if I should wait for custom stickers. Someone mentioned that the stock 0A stickers were thinner than typical Yamato. I don't have an old sticker sheet to compare either the thickness or stickiness. Anyone else that stickered their 0A want to chime in on the sticker quality?

Stickers are the same (to me). I've the old and new one. Actually I like MP03 stickers as they are much more thinner but not as sticky as VF0A. Anyway, found the biggest disappointment is my left sholder a bit loose. Need some wood glue i guess. :(

After finish all the stickers (on valk mode), I really fall in love with this baby. Look at that baby, ain't it a beauty? B))B))B))

[attachmentid=37312]

btw, anyone can link me to a high res hasegawa 1/72 Decal guide for all VF0? thanks.

post-3479-1161201087_thumb.jpg

Edited by ikhii

It wasn't an attacking comment. I'm apologize if it seemed that way.

However :p , I do recall you expressing much concern over yamato first runs which is why I assumed you've had some unpleasant experiences with their QC issues and hence the reason for my comment.

I was over careful with my vf-0s and it's backpack, but upon applying just a bit of force up it happily stays in place. Anyways, if all fails, I suppose then this is your first sabotaged valk. :p

No offense taken whatsoever Nani?! ^_^

I did post in the second coming thread that I'd wait for the second run of the YF-19. My motivation for that is because of the QC problems I've read about, here on MW and in reviews around the net. I'm not going to spend $150 on a toy that's not up to par. So far I feel I've been lucky to get Valks that were mostly free of problems, the backpack problem being the worst issue I've had.

btw: Did you push the backpack straight up to get it to stay in place? I haven't done that yet. I just pushed it towards to head.

on the stickers -

it's not just a matter or thickness or stickiness (yamato stickers are very sticky) but the resolution of the printing... on the yamato stickers, often the actual words and borders are blurry, on third party stickers, these are very crisp and easily read-able.

btw: Did you push the backpack straight up to get it to stay in place? I haven't done that yet. I just pushed it towards to head.

I'll try to explain this as I dont have a camera.

If you look at the dual hinge straight on (in folded up position) the mold of the thin part of the hinge should be in the shape of a bold capital "T". You see this most well if your valk is in fighter or in gerwalk and you're looking straight at the three BP8 thrusters.... it's right underneath that flappy panel attached to the rear of the backpack thrusters. Now the horizontal part of that "T" should wedge into the back pack just a little to provide the tension required to keep the bp8 in place...

This can be accomplished by pushing down on the rear of the backpack gently.... if you look at the dual hinge from the side it should create a wide "V"... the end result should be that the V is still wide, but as close together as possible... Extend out the hinge first to bring the larger part of the hinge out then press down to make the "V". Don't press too hard... You gotta have good judgement on the amount of pressure these parts can take.

If I do this with my 0S, I can actually flip the valk over and the BP8 would move no more than a millimeter...

Good luck.

Edited by Nani?!

I just want the VF-0D next. . . . . And maybe the VF-0B later. . .

I'll try to explain this as I dont have a camera.

If you look at the dual hinge straight on (in folded up position) the mold of the thin part of the hinge should be in the shape of a bold capital "T". You see this most well if your valk is in fighter or in gerwalk and you're looking straight at the three BP8 thrusters.... it's right underneath that flappy panel attached to the rear of the backpack thrusters. Now the horizontal part of that "T" should wedge into the back pack just a little to provide the tension required to keep the bp8 in place...

This can be accomplished by pushing down on the rear of the backpack gently.... if you look at the dual hinge from the side it should create a wide "V"... the end result should be that the V is still wide, but as close together as possible... Extend out the hinge first to bring the larger part of the hinge out then press down to make the "V". Don't press too hard... You gotta have good judgement on the amount of pressure these parts can take.

If I do this with my 0S, I can actually flip the valk over and the BP8 would move no more than a millimeter...

Good luck.

It worked! :D

I just pushed the backpack straight up with a little more force than I used before and it soflty 'clicked' into place. Which means I own a near perfect VF-0S! WOOT! Thanks Nani?!!!

Now... about that bent pitottube...

Right, after 16 frigging days of wait (stupid bloody slow shipping :angry: ) My VF-OA finally arrived. Just looking at it in jet mode, i'm not seeing any brakes/faults as of yet, however after reading some of the horror stories of breaks during transformation, i'm now terrified of transforming it.

I'll have a go at transforming it once i've plucked up enough courage and report back on it.

dante:

heatp some water to boil. Grip the tube in tweezers or something, and dip it in the water for a count of 4 or 5. then bring it back out and straighten it. Holding it straight, place it under rubnning cold water for 5/10 secs. Then check it. if not straight, try again

Right, after 16 frigging days of wait (stupid bloody slow shipping :angry: ) My VF-OA finally arrived. Just looking at it in jet mode, i'm not seeing any brakes/faults as of yet, however after reading some of the horror stories of breaks during transformation, i'm now terrified of transforming it.

I'll have a go at transforming it once i've plucked up enough courage and report back on it.

I've transformed mine at least 10+ times and the toy is really tough. It has some picky parts of the transformation that you need to be very careful on, but it's a small task compared to the accuracy that is gained from these parts. In my ventures with transformation the pickiest parts are:

- Getting the shoulders completely flush in fighter mode, you have to make sure the shoulder hinge is flush underneath the swing bar for everything to fit tightly (the hands will fit in the backpack properly and the gunpod won't drag on the ground)

- The landing gears are a pain in the A** to get out; use a paper clip or something to pull them out (save your finger nails some trouble)

- The backpack needs to be pushed ALL the way up in battroid mode

- The wings (in battroid) and the tail fins have a difficult time folding in, just take your time with them and try not to scrape them against each other too much.

That's all i can really think off of the top of my head. I've never had anything break, i've had the doors that hide the head in fighter mode fall off a couple times, but they're easily attachable. Overall the Zero is a very rugged toy so long as you put the pitot tube away and didn't come with broken tail spikes out of the box.

After reading all the comments and ogling all the posted pictures I must admit that the VF-0A is indeed an improvement over the VF-0S, although my 0S is near flawless to begin too (major gripe are the too easily collapsible feet... most of the other minor looseness is easily fixed/ignored). However, I do have one nit to pick with it: Why are the missiles molded in grey PVC?... they should be, at the very least, off-white like the ones for the 0S; just like the VF-1A LE LV, while the pylons are fine, the missiles are unworthy of being displayed with the plane and should remain inside the box.

Edited by mechaninac

Why are the missiles molded in grey PVC?... they should be, at the very least, off-white like the ones for the 0S; just like the VF-1A LE LV, while the pylons are fine, the missiles are unworthy of being displayed with the plane and should remain inside the box.

Probably the same reason why the nose gear towbar and main gear struts where molded in gray <_< .

Edited by ghostryder

Why are the missiles molded in grey PVC?... they should be, at the very least, off-white like the ones for the 0S; just like the VF-1A LE LV, while the pylons are fine, the missiles are unworthy of being displayed with the plane and should remain inside the box.

That's why I display my VF-0A with the missiles I took from the VF-0S(see previous post)

Probably the same reason why the nose gear towbar and main gear struts where molded in gray <_< .

Since the missiles are PVC (or similar), and the struts and tow bar are ABS, there is no way they share a common mold; therefore, they could have completely different colors if Yamato so chose. However, pigment sourcing for their raw materials supplier may be a factor.

@Dante74: I must have missed that particular post. See what a difference, and improvement, the "white" missiles make to the overall look of the plane? Yamato, your grey missiles are poo!

Edited by mechaninac

Got my VF-0A last week but was too sick to panel line it.

Just finished it today. here's a pic.

It's fast becoming my favorite VF because it's such an accurate representation of the plane shown in the anime. The color difference between de different grays is perfect. (in certain lights its not even noticeable, although that might be because I'm slightly colorblind ;) )

All it needs now is a Ghost to strap on its back and it'll be perfect.

BTW, I put the white missiles from Roy's VF-0S on it because I think it looks more realistic. I just don't believe a carrier would have different colored missiles to put on each color of VF. I know, I know, why would a squadronleader fly a bright white VF with black and yellow stripes all over it if he could just fly a well camouflaged one instead? Just call it selective realism. And it looks better too. :p

How did you panel-lined yours?

I've never done that and might give it a try on my VF-1A MAX.

You damn right, those grey misiles suck!!!

And why the grey towbar and MLG struts?... ALL the landing gear-related componentes (bays, struts, towbar) should be white, excepto the tires of course :p

Anyway, I'm getting mine ASAP, since I won't be able to get a 1/48 VF-1 LV V1. :)

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu