Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

Is there any reason that yamato is so secretive about their upcoming products? or is it just a common practice for japanese companies?

411337[/snapback]

Loose lips sink ships.

Is there any reason that yamato is so secretive about their upcoming products? or is it just a common practice for japanese companies?

411337[/snapback]

I dont think they're so much secretive as we are so inquisitive. You just can't release info until it's ready... I mean, they released blue prints for the 19... what type of info do you need before that? They can put out a list of things they want to release but it doesn't mean it's gong to make it into production.

Also AFAIK, the licensee (Yamato) has to get approval from the licensor (BW), on a case-by-case basis, before they can release photos or pics.

A lot of the time, it's not so much Yamato being secretive, but rather that BW hasn't given approval for specific photos or information to be released yet.

Also, market strategies, factory production scheduling and a host of other reasons mean that sometimes a product may get seriously delayed even if in theory it is ready or nearly ready to go into production, so sometimes, it's just not a good idea to announce a product too early and keep fans waiting too long.

Graham

Back onto the subject at hand, I would expect to see photos of the VF-0A in next months hobby mags, or perhaps even fairly soonish on Yamato's website.

Graham

411356[/snapback]

Hehe, Graham, always teasing us !! :rolleyes:

Grrr... I hear some voices all around me : "Patience young padawan, patience !"

So has it been confirmed what version of the 0A this will be? There are 3 different ones Grey/Brown Skull, Grey/Brown Bunny, and Light blue Grey Shin.

Personally I'd like the Bunny, tired of Skull Squad, and while I really like the Shin version....I already built it with the Hasegawa kit, plus they may realease that later with the Ghost pack and extra weapons.

Chris

oh nice. I really do like the regular CF scheme.

I wonder why they're waiting on releasing the Shin type?

411668[/snapback]

Maybe because in terms of when it shows up in the show cronology the CF shows up 1st? With the total lack of being able to crawl into a yamato exec's head and ask him the logic of why, that would be my best guess.

Well, people seem to be pretty confident on Yamato releasing a Shin-type VF-0. Now, this could be my own ignorance through not following the thread terribly closely or I'm just plain in the dark, but does this Shin-type to which many have referred happen to be a VF-0D?

Well, people seem to be pretty confident on Yamato releasing a Shin-type VF-0. Now, this could be my own ignorance through not following the thread terribly closely or I'm just plain in the dark, but does this Shin-type to which many have referred happen to be a VF-0D?

411692[/snapback]

No, at the end of the series Shin gets a regular singleseater VF-0A

If Yamato does a Ghost, I bet they will make a giftset of Shin's VF-0A w/Ghost. Since the VF-0A is set for later this year, I bet if a giftset IS made, it and a simultaneous release of a solo VF-0A Shin type would be out by spring 07. Heck It wouldn't surprise me if we see a VF-0A/S w/Ghost giftset at some point displayed@winter wonderfest this year.

I hope the VF-0A set for release has black skull and crossbones in addition to the white skulls and bunny symbols. The black reverse skull and crossbones logo always looked cool since its mainly applied to low viz fighters.

Removeable fuel blisters would be a welcome change; certainly one I'd like to see. Even if it left mounting holes in the torso, so long as those holes were reasonably sized and/or convincingly arranged. . . it would be a nice option to have.

Has anyone tried taking the blisters off of the 0S?

I've never tried taking the fuel blisters off mine. Will try when I have time.

If Yamato do release a version of the VF-0A/S with Ghost Booster, they will need to redesign the fuel blisters, as in the OVA, the blisters have pylons fitted, holding micro-missile pods.

Graham

If Yamato do  release a version of the VF-0A/S with Ghost Booster, they will need to redesign the fuel blisters, as in the OVA, the blisters have pylons fitted, holding micro-missile pods.

Graham

411726[/snapback]

Hell yeah! That means I only have to buy a small quantity, and don't have to expect the giftset.

If Yamato do  release a version of the VF-0A/S with Ghost Booster, they will need to redesign the fuel blisters, as in the OVA, the blisters have pylons fitted, holding micro-missile pods.

Graham

411726[/snapback]

They pop off very easily and the VF-0 is panel lined and painted under the blisters. It does leave some relatively big holes though.

411692[/snapback]

No, at the end of the series Shin gets a regular singleseater VF-0A

411693[/snapback]

Oh, ok. Gotcha.

Considering only a new head needs to be sculpt, I'd say the 0A will come sooner (this year). The 0A head is fast becoming my favorite VF-1/VF-0 head. So functional and bada$$ at the same time. It will be mine, oh yes.... B))

Sorry agr33, I'm stealing your Hase batt kit pic...

IMG_0746.jpg

411323[/snapback]

Cool pic!

:)

• 3 weeks later...