Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

I wondered about that, as VF-1 usually had them centered vertically, or even just below--but that would have put them right over the chine on a VF-0. Though the -19 has its kite across the chine.

BTW, "NE" is from when VF-1 was assiged to Carrier Wing 2 on the USS Ranger. Just FYI. VF-2 was paired with VF-1 for as long as VF-1 existed I think. VF-1 is THE Tomcat squadron IMHO----it was created for the sole purpose of being the first Tomcat squadron, and disbanded as a Tomcat squadron. (Always wondered why VF-2 was spared, instead of VF-1)

According to my conversations with Yamato... the grayish-tan/brownish-grey appearance of the VF-0A in the Macross Zero anime was due to lighting effects and also the anime VF-0As in the anime being dirty and worn from combat

Hmmm... totally believable for fighters that never saw real combat until the events of M0 ;).

Great review as usual, Graham. The VF-0A is also my fav, broken shoulder and all.

IMO the VF-0's elbow and shoulder articulation is definitely improved over the 1/48. And the extra joint in the upper leg for GERWALK mode is a huge improvement.

Graham

Yep, those are great. I like the extra joint too to make a better GERWALK Mode, as with the latest YF-19.

Thanks for the review Graham!

First time posting, but been lurking for a while. Just bought my very first valk, a Low Viz 2 a couple of weeks back. Really hooked by how awesome it looks! I love the grey on the VF-0A, so I'm hoping to pick it up when I drop by in Tokyo in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the review Graham!

First time posting, but been lurking for a while. Just bought my very first valk, a Low Viz 2 a couple of weeks back. Really hooked by how awesome it looks! I love the grey on the VF-0A, so I'm hoping to pick it up when I drop by in Tokyo in a couple of weeks.

Wait 'til you get your hands on it. The slight differences from the VF-1 to the VF-0 will astound you.

--------------------------------

Scream Man,

NIIIIIIICE!!!!!!

How about some pics in other modes? Maybe even submit it to the "Customs Gallery."