405098[/snapback]

For a "Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles" release date, send One (1) dollar to:

Harmony Gold

7655 Sunset Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90046

405117[/snapback]

Ha ha ha ha

:p:p:p

DVD? That's old technology, the Shadow Chronocles will be distributed through a series of JPEG's on the internet, allowing the viewer to experience a new immersive & interactive media experience as they look at the "picture's" & imagine what takes place in the story.

HG will win many awards for innovative storytelling & distribution.

Unfortunately, because of the lack of "progress" on the Shadow Chronicles project ... I think this will be the final "death knell" for Robotech fans ..... HG is going to blow it ....

<_<

Edited by Vermillion21

No, first Toynami has to release a transformable Ride Armor that doesn't suck, isn't floppy, & comes with a figure that actually looks like the damn character...& isn't more than $60, then HG can go under.

DVD? That's old technology, the Shadow Chronocles will be distributed through a series of JPEG's on the internet, allowing the viewer to experience a new immersive & interactive media experience as they look at the "picture's" & imagine what takes place in the story.

405224[/snapback]

HAHAHAHA! thats good :lol:

405224[/snapback]

HAHAHAHA! thats good :lol:

405574[/snapback]

And here I thought it would be a series of animated gifs. :p

No, first Toynami has to release a transformable Ride Armor that doesn't suck, isn't floppy, & comes with a figure that actually looks like the damn character...& isn't more than $60, then HG can go under.

405470[/snapback]

NO - they gotta release the BETA fighter first ... low quality, overpriced, but in a cool-looking MIB box!!

:p

The TREAD is DEAD, let it go. If man was meant to hold TREAD, there would have been one years ago. Much like the VF-4, it's just something never meant to be held by human hands, just worshipped from affar.

The TREAD is DEAD, let it go. If man was meant to hold TREAD, there would have been one years ago. Much like the VF-4, it's just something never meant to be held by human hands, just worshipped from affar.

405734[/snapback]

No, no, no .... I WANT A BETA!!!!!!

:p

You'll get one. At the very least there's gotta be a line of superposeables right? Seriously, what the hell does Toynami spend their days doing???

I think they're keeping very mum while they wait for the Shadow Chronicles to get figured out. Once HG makes their "big" announcement I think Toynami is going to show off a bunch (think 2) of new prototypes and start scheduling new release dates so all the new marketing efforts can coincide/benefit from/with each other.

Okay, a lot of that might be wishful thinking but I refuse to believe Toynami is just twiddling their thumbs right now.

You'll get one. At the very least there's gotta be a line of superposeables right? Seriously, what the hell does Toynami spend their days doing???

I think they're keeping very mum while they wait for the Shadow Chronicles to get figured out. Once HG makes their "big" announcement I think Toynami is going to show off a bunch (think 2) of new prototypes and start scheduling new release dates so all the new marketing efforts can coincide/benefit from/with each other.

Okay, a lot of that might be wishful thinking but I refuse to believe Toynami is just twiddling their thumbs right now.

406046[/snapback]

I don't share your optimistic view - but I hope you are right. I think HG is trying to find a distributor and get Robotech Shadow Chronicles released, before all the fan "enthusiaism" has gone; because most fans are pretty tired of the constant, unexplained delays.

If HG gets the film released and it makes money, then Toynami will likely go ahead and release more Robotech-related toys. Otherwise, they might just stop, thinking the license doesn't make money - I mean, look at ALL the MPC Valkyries Robotech.com is trying to unload?

<_<

Still think that HG didn't research their customer based very well. Yes most of the Robotech fans will be adults but lets get real here, only the really hardcore are going to spend that kind of money for a "Toy". Even among that once people have one or two they are going to stop. I still think HG would have been better off having Toynami make one version and included stickers in all colors(character themes) and they would have sold better or have certain pieces be add ons with each part being several pieces that each are a character theme as to let people have whichever version they want. Far to late now though.

Anyone know when Toynami's license runs out? Will be interesting if they decide no to renew it.

Anyone know when Toynami's license runs out? Will be interesting if they decide no to renew it.

406294[/snapback]

Why wouldn't they? Toynami was born from a backhanded deal with HG, of course they'll renew.

Why wouldn't they? Toynami was born from a backhanded deal with HG, of course they'll renew.

I don't think the deal that bore Toynami was "backhanded" at all. Toynami has no small roots in HG and HG's attempt to try to maintain the American market free of Japanese competition but it didn't seem like either company was ever sneaky about it. That said, Toynami likely represents no small expenditure for a depleted HG budget so it'd have to take some real convincing for them to pull their licensing. However, that doesn't mean the license needs to be kept exclusive. What if Toynami became the future source of 1/100, superposeable, and Shadow Chronicle toys and Yamato was provided the license to distribute the 1/48 series and 1/60 series?? Sounds like a winning situation for everyone...

EXCEPT Bandai who would then sue the asses off of everyone.

That said, Toynami likely represents no small expenditure for a depleted HG budget so it'd have to take some real convincing for them to pull their licensing. 

406308[/snapback]

How do we know HG has no money?

You mindless HG haters are absolutely ridiculous with the lies nad false information you convince yourselves of.

I still think HG would have been better off having Toynami make one version and included stickers in all colors(character themes) and they would have sold better or have certain pieces be add ons with each part being several pieces that each are a character theme as to let people have whichever version they want. Far to late now though.

That would have been a good idea. No worrying about this or that character, scheme or color not being popular and would eliminate some risk.

Although not the best, the banpresto valks are kinda cool for giving you custom heads. A lot of the harcore fans like to custom thier toys and stuff: Hands that can be detatched, legs able to pulled off and exchanged from a broken toy which is now acting as spare parts and plugged onto another toy to use as a backup piece etc.. If it breaks? Pull it apart, get a part from another and use that.

They should have it so that if a person doesn't like the head they have, they can merely buy the spare or a different head and nothing goes to waste. Gee sounds like we are talking about lego blocks.. :D

They should do something like that for destroid imo.

However, that doesn't mean the license needs to be kept exclusive. What if Toynami became the future source of 1/100, superposeable, and Shadow Chronicle toys and Yamato was provided the license to distribute the 1/48 series and 1/60 series?? Sounds like a winning situation for everyone...

EXCEPT Bandai who would then sue the asses off of everyone.

I think that would be a good idea personally. Fans would be happy because they are finally getting large scale toy, and the other stuff can be aimed at the lower end for people who want a group of smaller stuff: Things that don't need many parts and would be perfectly fine as just a superposable. (all inbit mecha for eg)

The whole spectrum would be covered based on whether you care about poseability, playability, PT, detail, low price etc..

If it has taken this long just to get the beta, imagine how long for ride armor? By sharing the costs to provide the whole range of different things, overall it means the license is not being wasted and fans get what they want quickly. Maybe the competition will mean they can learn off each other and "steal ideas" benefitting the customer in the long run.

As an example:

Some people have pointed out that the magnets inside toys were a toynami invention and that yamato only put them after taking this idea from the MP. Well if that is true, then so what? A rise in quality in either is better than no improvement. If the quality get gradually improved and companies rip off each other, (nobody complained when toynami made a better quality banpresto "clone") then it can only mean better choices for all.

..Rather than locking up the license out of loyalty at the expense of the fans, I think scrapping exclusivity will only quicken progress.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Which part about George Sohn (while still heading Toycom) signing a deal with HG stating that Toycom will "not" import the Yamato Macross merch, selling the company to Yamato, and then starting up Toynami with fresh new Valkyrie merch for Robotech as not being backhanded? Because the whole thing still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

You mindless HG haters are absolutely ridiculous with the lies nad false information you convince yourselves of.

Um, rather than pissing and moaning why don't you prove me wrong. You're gonna have some pretty big hurdles to overcome though. HG is a private company and I'm not financing them so I don't have access to their financials. That said, they've been developing a new show, they no-doubt invested heavily in a toy company, and they're off advertising. You tell me which one of those doesn't deplete a budget. Besides, I didn't say they're broke, I merely implied they're better served being frugal. I suppose you think it makes good business sense to invest in a toy company with your license being the biggest thing it has going for it and then pull that license from them? Who's being ridiculous now?

PS - find a single one of my posts where I've ever bashed HG or jumped the wagon on anything Macross vs. Robotech. My comment stemmed from common sense, not bashing.

Which part about George Sohn (while still heading Toycom) signing a deal with HG stating that Toycom will "not" import the Yamato Macross merch, selling the company to Yamato, and then starting up Toynami with fresh new Valkyrie merch for Robotech as not being backhanded? Because the whole thing still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

When you put it that way, it does sound terrible. The way I heard it was different though. More like a legal stalemate was reached with Toycom being dead in the water. The Sohn jumping ship/Yamato acquisition was then a convenient way of resolving everything. So, having heard it that way, that's why I said it didn't sound backhanded... more like the only way out that didn't completely screw Sohn.

Edited by jenius

I heard it directly from one of Toycom's employee's during the aftermath Actually went down there one day, a small but very cool place.

Edited by Keith

Released in Japan? At the rate things are going I question if it will be out in the US?

Though by the time it is, I wouldn't be surprised if most people, RT fans don't really care after all this time and will get it whenever.

406318[/snapback]

The world is an unfair place, isn't it Keithy?

Sounds like business to me.

Released in Japan? At the rate things are going I question if it will be out in the US?

Though by the time it is, I wouldn't be surprised if most people, RT fans don't really care after all this time and will get it whenever.

406468[/snapback]

I completely agree with your observation Effect!

I've been a longtime Robotech fan, and believe me, my enthusiasm for Shadow Chronicles and the Robotech property in general has dwindled with the continual delays. I'm not upset with HG, just disappointed in their poor PR handling about the whole project ..... And for the record: NO, I AM NOT BASHING HG.

:ph34r:

Apparently there will be a big announcement "sometime before labor day." So We'll see what happens. Though I really would be surprised at this point if when they do get around to releasing it, they sell enough to break even.

Who actually owns the rights in Japan? As I recall last year Takara announced buying a majority share in the studio (whose name escapes me) that animated Macross, Southern Cross, Mospeada ect...

Harmony Gold owns the right to Genesis Climber MOSPEADA in Japan. They probably also own the rights to Southern Cross but I couldn't swear to it.

Harmony Gold owns the right to Genesis Climber MOSPEADA in Japan. They probably also own the rights to Southern Cross but I couldn't swear to it.

I understand that Tatsunoko owns the distribution rights for the animation from MOSPEADA and Southern Cross. Big West (yes, the same company that produces all the Macross spin offs & sequels) owns merchandise rights over Southern Cross (as part of the deal with the Super Dimension triology of series) & the way things look, Toynami has a license for MOSPEADA merchandise.

What I'm curious about, and I believe everybody is, how far can HG stretch their license and that if Tatsunoko can turn around and take Shadow Chronicles and do the same thing that HG did with Macross, MOSPEADA and Southern Cross (create a "new" series, with animation from a different show)....

Edit: for typos

Edited by waters7

Isn't Tasunoko working with HG on Shadow Chronicles? I thought I had heard that and that was one of the items that lead to the rumors of Shadow Chronicles becoming GCM II in Japan. If they're working together than no doubt they've learned from the past and structured their deal more coherently.

Isn't Tasunoko working with HG on Shadow Chronicles?  I thought I had heard that and that was one of the items that lead to the rumors of Shadow Chronicles becoming GCM II in Japan.  If they're working together than no doubt they've learned from the past and structured their deal more coherently.

406651[/snapback]

It is most likely Tat is working in partnership with HG on the project. From what I've heard HG is trying to sell it in Japan as a sequel to Mospeada (ironically Megazone 23 was first envisioned as the original Mos sequel, but the story was changed) and probably have split the merchandising rights between them.

If it is a hit in Japan, Takara and it's subsidiaries will most likely be making the bulk of the toys as they now "own" Tat studios.

Edited by Zinjo