New Robotech Shadow Chronicles Vid

I can't wait for Robotech III: The Sentinels II to be released, Hell, I hope they include that crappy Robotech 3000 footage as an extra. Then in 20 more years, perhaps we'll get Robotech IV: The Sentinels III: Shadow Chronicles Part II.

401771[/snapback]

You have the name all wrong... it's:

"Robotech: Remaster of the Masters' Sentinnel New Generation Shadow Chronicles 3000, farewell to Janice in Minmay's final concert tribute to Macross at Southern Cross live", ofcourse there is also the "Robotech Remastered Remaster collection of the Robotech series w/Remaster of the Masters' Sentinnel New Generation Shadow Chronicles 3000, farewell to Janice in Minmay's final concert tribute to Macross at Southern Cross live".

And in 2008 HG will officially change Robotech's name to "Jesus." Later that year after DVD sales continue to flounder, They'll it's name back to what it was original intended to be, "Ol' Dirty Bastard."

I prefer Takaratomy or Bandai to make Mospeada toys not Yamato.

Chunky munky Alpha? Non-poseable hips Beta with fat proportions in fighter modes? No thanks. I want Masterpiece mospeada for the adult fanatic not a mass produced toy. Preferably in flexible but strong plastic, and not diecast which will scratch like hell when transformed and develop floppy limbs. Maybe this weight reduction will translate into the ability to upscale the toy to a bigger size with more details too, and alpha beta combinations will be managable.

Bandai should just focus on gundam kits while takara do the TF MP and leave the rest to yammy imo What bandai should do is make the custom hands for the yamato Alphas. (cuz theirs have problems holding the gunpod like a man :p)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'll have to look into it. The previews I've seen so far have been rather bland. Too much CGI for my liking. The rep at SacAnime kept telling me that since it "common" that I shouldn't take that as a big deal (we went into more detail, but that was the jeist).

Though what irked me in his presentation was how he showed some Mospeada and said "This was the state of the art in 1984". So he calls a mid budget 30+ episode TV "the state of the art of its time", then compares is to a modern, high budget OAV/Movie? WTF?

I prefer the look of Mospeada to be honest.

I'm waiting for the "due to the lack of interest..." statement release. They should have one of those premade templats for their products, just fill in the blanks for the product that they're cancelling.

Geez... judging by the size of that download, it should be 1/3 of the movie already, what kind of trailer is that big?

Edited by >EXO<

I'm not a fan of the CGI either, but I'll watch it because I am *gasp* a fan of Robotech.

402218[/snapback]

when and IF this thing ever comes out on DVD.... assuming its not going to come out at some ungodly $24, I'm gonna buy it... even if its "so-so" I'd like to have it for my collection.

unfortunatly the Robotech hate is abound on this site.... not as bad as Macross 7 though :lol: I can believe that this thread hasn't been locked yet, most Mods either want the laugh, or avoid even reading the first thread on a RT topic.

unfortunatly the Robotech hate is abound on this site.... not as bad as Macross 7 though :lol:  I can believe that this thread hasn't been locked yet, most Mods either want the laugh, or avoid even reading the first thread on a RT topic.

402283[/snapback]

Do you want us to lock it???

A 120MB file....even at work that would take a while....

unfortunatly the Robotech hate is abound on this site.... not as bad as Macross 7 though :lol:  I can believe that this thread hasn't been locked yet, most Mods either want the laugh, or avoid even reading the first thread on a RT topic.

402283[/snapback]

402286[/snapback]

Atleast it was not hosted in GameSpy. :)

402283[/snapback]

402286[/snapback]

no... atleast not yet :p

120MB for a fricken trailer? :blink::rolleyes: Gamespy would be even worse! nothing like having to register.... choose a complex loops of options to DL it for free... then wait in line while the paying customers get first choice in DL bandwidth.... while watching ads popup on the screen constantly :lol: I remember DL'ing a preview release of a MMORPG, having to wait 18 hours for the DL to start :lol:

402283[/snapback]

There's no hate of Robotech on my part since I loved watching it as a kid, what I can't stand is being interested in stuff that I'm naturally drawn to and being let down constantly such as the MPC Veritechs, Alphas and now this show. I can't help making fun of it since it's pretty laughable at this point. But i was geniuinely eager when I first saw the first shots of the MPC... no bias as of yet. I only have bad opinions based on first hand experience, not thru hearsay or anything bandwagonish.

Now for the morons Ladic mentioned, i dont know what their opinions are since I'm not one. :p

major announcement

402540[/snapback]

"If you want to see Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles release date, send One (1) dollar to:

Harmony Gold

7655 Sunset Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90046"

402554[/snapback]

A dollar??! They gotta be friggin' kidding me! :D I'd pay Two (2) dollars to see HG's announcement they cancelled the whole thing. :p:lol::rolleyes:

There's no hate of Robotech on my part since I loved watching it as a kid, what I can't stand is being interested in stuff that I'm naturally drawn to and being let down constantly such as the MPC Veritechs, Alphas and now this show.  I can't help making fun of it since it's pretty laughable at this point.  But i was geniuinely eager when I first saw the first shots of the MPC... no bias as of yet.  I only have bad opinions based on first hand experience, not thru hearsay or anything bandwagonish.

402333[/snapback]

I feel exactly the same, I loved Robotech when I was growing up but all the products bearing thename made in the last 10 years have been utterly disapointing. They're just kinda driving it into the ground, and that's disapointing to see.

Of course, I could nearly say the exact same thing about Macross.

I feel exactly the same, I loved Robotech when I was growing up but all the products bearing thename made in the last 10 years have been utterly disapointing. They're just kinda driving it into the ground, and that's disapointing to see.

Of course, I could nearly say the exact same thing about Macross.

hehe, while I agree... the only set of "toys" I personally liked were/are the "super posable" figures made by Toynami. While not accurate to any level, they have a neet look/feel to them.

finally broke down and watched the "trailer", if you can call it that.... what 23 frames (@ 30 fps) worth of video from RT:SC... not impressive, but some of the other animation they showed was pretty kewl

Robotech: Shadow Chronicles hits festivals. New Robotech animated film to be featured at Independent Film Festivals this summer.

filmnews

402859[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw on the official Robotech site that the film is making the festival rounds ... but I don't have the time, nor money to go to one of those. Us fans have been waiting forever to get it on DVD. Why doesn't HG just release it already?!?! They say they're working on a distribution deal ... but there are continual delays.

:angry::angry:

There'll be a special Shadow Chronicles screening at Mechacon in Lafeyette, La. All moneys to be donated to the Salvation Army for Hurricane Katrina & Rita restoration work. The screening'll be August 12, 2006 at 7:00 p.m.

shadowscreening

404979[/snapback]

da'ang.... wish I could easily drive there.... actually if they would hold "screanings" at all the major citys... hold them in Holiday Inn conference rooms for the Red Cross.... Holiday Inn could donate the use of the convention/conference rooms to the Red Cross and get a Tax writeoff... HG could give all proceeds to the RedCross and get a Tax writeoff... I could see the damn thing right down the street from where I live... I'd be happy :)

Hmm, do they get some extra tax write off just for using the film in charity screenings? Sounds like some scheme to recover costs.

405038[/snapback]

yep... and nope.... yes they can use the "donations" as a tax writeoff... but they can use it to counteract the income taxes paid on selling/releasing of videos. Its also a bit of good PR and potentially reviews coming out. News casters/reporters love those kind of things... especially if its a fund raiser for a big name/cause charity... Katrina relief? its gonna pull some press ;)