A Few Queries Concerning Macross Dyrl Movie...

retroborg

I got the fan-sub “Macross Do You Remember Love†from emule.

The total running time of this specific fan-sub version, is 1:50:13 and at the beginning it says:

#SM-ANIME@DALNET Presents:

A STINKY_GLOOM@YAHOO.COM ENCODE

The film starts off with the two Zendraedi leaders inspecting objects of Micron size, recovered from the wreckage from previous battles against the SDF-1 UN forces.

The space fortress Macross is on its way back to Earth. Soon after follows the battle against the SDF-1 in Titan’s orbit and during the skirmish with the Zentraedi forces, Hikaru rescues Minmay and they get stranded somewhere within the ship.

Later Minmay gets captured; Roy Focker dies and Hikaru & Misa end up back on Earth - only to view the aftermath of the destruction of their civilization.

The film ends with the SDF-1 defeating the Bodolza/ Zentraedi Mobile Command Base and Minmay singing her final song.

What I want to know is whether this is the 2nd part of the movie, as I’ve watched the FMV cutscenes of the Macorss DYRL Shoot Em Up game on the SONY PSX and it clearly shows some of the battles that take place on the earth, right before the SDF-1 completes the fold-space jump to Pluto’s orbit.

The most characteristic scene is when a U.N aircraft carrier gets cut in half by a huge laser beam, fired by a Zendraedi ship.

These scenes are not from the Robotech Macross Saga by Harmony Gold, so it must be another film.

Does the Macross DYRL “Perfect Edition†DVD by FX, feature both parts of the film?

Here it says that the Running time is: 115 minutes.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...nime.php?id=366

Which only makes it more confusing.

Any info to clear this matter will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.