Agent One: Banned For Life?

From the man himself:

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Jan 31 2009, 09:32 PM.

Now is it just me, or is a three year "suspension" just silly? If somebody is that serious about getting rid of a member they see as a trouble maker, why not just ban them altogether? I don't know what Agent ONE did this last time he was suspended, but I do understand that he rubs some people the wrong way. But if any mod or admin seriously belives that any member of any forum would wait around for three years to resume posting, they're delusional.

If you want the Agent man banned, then for god's sake be a man and ban him for real, because the notion of a "three year suspension" is a joke. Or can we look forward to the return of BoK and MGREXX in a few years time as well?

And if this is instead some sort of error, then I'll leave it for you in power to work out amongst yourselves.

From the man himself:
Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Jan 31 2009, 09:32 PM.

Now is it just me, or is a three year "suspension" just silly? If somebody is that serious about getting rid of a member they see as a trouble maker, why not just ban them altogether? I don't know what Agent ONE did this last time he was suspended, but I do understand that he rubs some people the wrong way. But if any mod or admin seriously belives that any member of any forum would wait around for three years to resume posting, they're delusional.

If you want the Agent man banned, then for god's sake be a man and ban him for real, because the notion of a "three year suspension" is a joke. Or can we look forward to the return of BoK and MGREXX in a few years time as well?

And if this is instead some sort of error, then I'll leave it for you in power to work out amongst yourselves.

398354[/snapback]

Or Agent One can always comeback as a new member and sign up under a new account but I didn't know he was banned for getting on peoples nerves.

His last post was on Mar 31 2006, 06:03 PM. I am curious as to what he could have done while not posting to warrant this. Then again, I suspect this to be some sort of joke. If not, then I really have to wonder about this, because it seems rather childish. Its not witty or funny. Or even clever. If you're going to ban him, ban him, and close his membership.

To set the record straight, as far as I'm concerned AgentONE is permanently banned. He is no longer welcome on Macrossworld. If Macross Nexus wants him, they are welcome to him.

He has been given plenty of chances over the years, but each time he comes back, he just seems to get more disruptive and insulting, with little in the way of positive contributions via his posts.

Basically, he has made it impossible for people on this forum to hold an intelligent discussion on Macross 7 with it turning into a 'Macross 7 is gay' or 'I hate Macross 7' fest.

Also, despite the many updates to the main site this year, AgentONE is overly critical to the point of being insulting. While constructive criticism is welcome AgentOne has crossed the line with his constant personal attacks.

The straw that finally broke the camel's back was his comments in this thread.

I actually like AgentONE and think he would be a great guy to go out partying with, but he's just stepped over the line of what is acceptable behavior on these forums one time too many.

The current 999 day suspension was just a temporary measure and will be changed to a permanent ban once I have a couple of minutes to log into the admin control panel.

Graham