-psp Official Discussion Thread V2.0-

www.PS2NFO.com scan down and you'll see the story on undulated platinum

Basically the chip puts a second flash firmware on your system. THis can be used to play games, watch UMD's from other regions and all the other stuff normal modchips do.

Because it is a second firmware source a broken PSP can use it to work again even though the original flash is messed up. (I guess a lot of people turned their PSPs into bricks trying to downgrade them.)

Instellation: I read that you have to replace a couple of the original wires but other than that it just snaps in.

What else would it do?  I thought that the games worked region free....?

403370[/snapback]

The movie region thing is about the only thing hasn't been cracked...until now I guess.

Here's something else thats pretty cool for all you 1.5 users. A homebrew web browser called Links that IMO is better than sony's

http://www.ps2nfo.com/modules.php?name=Dow...article&id=1076

Move curser with the stick

Scroll by holding L and hitting up or down on pad

Hit start to bring up keyboard

When keyboard is up use the shoulder buttons to open the num pad or capital letters.

how come you getting rid of your psp? kyasu  :blink:

403968[/snapback]

I wasn't playing my PSP that much in the past few months. Now that I picked up a DS that time has become even smaller. ;)

how come you getting rid of your psp? kyasu  :blink:

403968[/snapback]

I wasn't playing my PSP that much in the past few months. Now that I picked up a DS that time has become even smaller. ;)

403970[/snapback]

yeah I agree with you on this one UN Spacy...I've been playing nothing but homebrew on my PSP...I might keep it if there's a game worth getting but other than that...it's as good as a doorstop...I'm gonna end up getting a DS also...a DS Lite B))

Is there any kind of emulator / software out there that allows UMD playback on a Windows PC?

404221[/snapback]

That would be a trick to do, you would need to get the PSP to output the video data via USB or use that TV attachment thing and have a video in on your PCs video card.

too much work in my opinion, better off going the other direction and burning a DVD to your memory stick

The only reason I asked was because there's a UMD title that was released on UMD only and I didn't want to buy a PSP just to be able to watch it.

404271[/snapback]

What would that be?

So Sony released how to make UMDs?  I thought that only Sony could make them for some reason... guess I'm an idiot then.

404325[/snapback]

As long as you pay sony their licensing fees I don't think they care who makes what.

Is there any kind of emulator / software out there that allows UMD playback on a Windows PC?

404221[/snapback]

That would be a trick to do, you would need to get the PSP to output the video data via USB or use that TV attachment thing and have a video in on your PCs video card.

too much work in my opinion, better off going the other direction and burning a DVD to your memory stick

404246[/snapback]

actually a company sells an attachment for the PSP that clips onto the top and gives video and audio (I think) output. Supposedly it looks pretty good when blown up on a plasma or LCD tv. The attachment sells for about $34

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked up Field Commander, Gradius Collection, & the MGS Digital Graphic Novel.  Haven't touched the MGS or Field Commander yet...busy with Gradius IV. :)

Whoa, whoa, hey! Is that the Japanese or U.S. Gradius collection? Does that thing have the music tracks to Gradius Gaiden?

Just picked up Field Commander, Gradius Collection, & the MGS Digital Graphic Novel.  Haven't touched the MGS or Field Commander yet...busy with Gradius IV. :)

Whoa, whoa, hey! Is that the Japanese or U.S. Gradius collection? Does that thing have the music tracks to Gradius Gaiden?

408109[/snapback]

US Gradius Collection released. Good question on the music...I never checked...I'll check later on today.