Safely Displaying Models...

Pat S

I'd like to hear the different ways you guys have displayed your models in the past, or any ideas you may have.

I would like to display some of my models, but am afraid of them getting broken. I suppose I could by a large glass display case, but was thinking about buying some small acrylic display cases, and strapping my models down inside the small case with some thread or something so they don't move around.

What do you guys do?

I only have a timber bookcase for mine so far.

Im looking to get a mirrorbacked display case,.. when im rich.

=)

I use those pre-made bookcases you can find at K-mart (the type you put together), about $25-$30

Then I buy some transparent acrylic, plexy glass or crystalittle sheets at Home Depot or Lowe's and cut them to size then drill holes and put hinges; then seal the edges with a strip of foam insulation to keep the dust out and finally add lighting (all these items bought at home depot in one shot) about $25

You can go a bit further by adding a glass piece as a separator for the bookcase (this is the most expensive part $25). The light will go through to the lower lever and light the entire display. The total cost after building one, about $80 each

I have 3 of these built around my room and It adds to the modeling building process; besides there are easy to dissasemble and reposition in another place if necessary without using a lot of space.

here's a pic

post-3-1065369439_thumb.gif