What Is Roy's Drink Of Choice?

Well, it definately isn't Rum - as it's (in my experience) "angry-juice"... well maybe not... it melows me out, so maybe it is? Not Bourbon - he's no hick, A nice cognac perhaps? Whisky too...

I'm putting my 2 cents on whisky.

396243[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. A nice glass of Black Label.

And I could even see him sipping some cognac, maybe Hennesey, out in deep space.

But whisky was my first guess.

Probably JD or Makers Mark. Good Stuff!

396247[/snapback]

Oooh. Makers Mark is some good sh1t, I agree. The first time I tried it, I thought it was way too harsh. But damned if it didn't go down smoother the more you drank it!

I could see Roy drinking some Makers on the rocks. Maybe JD if he's already hammered.

You guys are NUTS.

Everyone knows a suave sophisticated man like Roy Focker would enjoy only the finest of nectars.

COLT 45! Go ahead. Ask Billy Dee Williams.

Hmm definitely a great question. I'm going to toss my 2 cents in and say Old Crow, a drink of choice by another famous ace.

Incredible Hulk :rolleyes: or Don Perionne in this case since he's in romantic relation with Claudia.

Currently I'm been enjoying that new Mike Hard Lemonade Apple version.

When in doubt consult the animation. In DYRL it looks like I might be drinking whiskey. It looks like there is clover on the bottle. Could it be Irish whiskey?

Then again I think my choice drink is what ever is open.

Oh I forgot your user name was Roy Focker. :lol: I thought you took personal offense to this topic. :lol:

Hmm definitely a great question. I'm going to toss my 2 cents in and say Old Crow, a drink of choice by another famous ace.

396282[/snapback]

Old Crow is good stuff. Who is this ace that drinks it?

Good coffee.

Sure Roy boozes it up, but if green tea is a commodity, then surely good premium non generic coffee is a rarity on the SDF Macross.

(Many survivalists say coffee is right up there with booze and salt in terms of big demand items to have for trade when you have mass shortages/rationing. )

BTW, Rocket Punch, who is that in your avatar, looks familiar but I can't place it.

396275[/snapback]

I'm sure Roy loves a good strong cup of Joe after a night of boozing.

The cute Korean girl in my avi is K-Pop star Lee Hyori.

When in doubt consult the animation.  In DYRL it looks like I might be drinking whiskey.  It looks like there is clover on the bottle.  Could it be Irish whiskey?

396330[/snapback]

I would assume it is Jamison's Irish whiskey. Considering their motto is Sine Metu (or without fear for the latin impaired) it seems right up his alley.

Edited by Father Jack

396282[/snapback]

Old Crow is good stuff. Who is this ace that drinks it?

396347[/snapback]

Col. Clarence E. "Bud" Anderson.

oldcrowsilver.JPG

http://www.cebudanderson.com/

Well, it definately isn't Rum - as it's (in my experience) "angry-juice"... well maybe not... it melows me out, so maybe it is? Not Bourbon - he's no hick, A nice cognac perhaps? Whisky too...

396243[/snapback]

Of course it's rum! Look's like he's got a little Capt'n in em

Cartoon-Fokker.gif

This Roy enjoys Crown Royal and Captain Morgan

To me, it seems like Roy's drink of choice would either be a single-malt scotch, or maybe some half-decent brand of whiskey. Though if he's anything like most of the pilots I know, he'll drink any old thing so long as it's got enough alcohol content to justify using it to clean engine parts. Those guys live for the cheap stuff, the kind that doesn't even bother with a label. They've served me some seriously disgusting cheap hooch before, but they drink that stuff like it's water.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Probably JD or Makers Mark. Good Stuff!

396247[/snapback]

Oooh. Makers Mark is some good sh1t, I agree. The first time I tried it, I thought it was way too harsh. But damned if it didn't go down smoother the more you drank it!

I could see Roy drinking some Makers on the rocks. Maybe JD if he's already hammered.

396251[/snapback]

For those who know... Makers Mark is the way to go! Oh, and Phalanx... that's "Dom Perignon". Had a bottle last New Years Eve... great for toasting.

Currently I'm been enjoying that new Mike Hard Lemonade Apple version.

396330[/snapback]

Oh dude, you're killing me. You lost a couple of "cool" points in my book for that one. You're in the UN Spacy, Roy! Time to put away the Hard Lemonade, Hard Apple Cider, Fuzzy Navels, and blended drinks. Time to start consuming some Big Boy drinks! :)

On the beer side of the equation, I wonder what Roy likes.

I'm gonna just guess and say Sapporo, and I'm talking about the big bottles. Admittedly I'm just throwing Sapporo out there because I think they have one of the slickest bottle designs ever. I think the 5-point star has to be my favorite 2D shape ever.

beer-sapporo.jpg

Seeing as how they are on a spaceship, stranded thousands of miles from earth and all the liquor bottlers in exsistence, my guess is he drinks whatever they can make on the Macross... which is probably something akin to low level moonshine made out of rice or grain mash. Any bottled booze they had on hand that survived when the ship folded out into the deep black most likely got drank up quickly in the first few weeks after the fold. After that someone on the ship had to start making their own hooch, perhaps there was a microbrewer on South Ataria that started his business up again, ala Nyan Nyan. It's not like the Macross was a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that had a chance to stock up on drinks and shrimp before they set off. By all accounts the ship was barely ready for takeoff when the war began and most of South Ataria Island was smashed during the fold.

Seeing as how they are on a spaceship, stranded thousands of miles from earth and all the liquor bottlers in exsistence, my guess is he drinks whatever they can make on the Macross... which is probably something akin to low level moonshine made out of rice or grain mash. Any bottled booze they had on hand that survived when the ship folded out into the deep black most likely got drank up quickly in the first few weeks after the fold. After that someone on the ship had to start making their own hooch, perhaps there was a microbrewer on South Ataria that started his business up again, ala Nyan Nyan. It\'s not like the Macross was a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that had a chance to stock up on drinks and shrimp before they set off. By all accounts the ship was barely ready for takeoff when the war began and most of South Ataria Island was smashed during the fold.

396403[/snapback]

So does this mean they drink moonshine? Or worse yet, \"Near Beer\"? ;)

I think the point is that we have already suspended disbelief with the whole giant invading aliens, space warping super battle ships, transforming jets, schoolgirls turned pop idols that save humanity and gravity defying hairdoos that asking what sort of booze they drink is in the same line of asking "who's shirts does Hikaru wear?".

I think the point is that we have already suspended disbelief with the whole giant invading aliens, space warping super battle ships, transforming jets, schoolgirls turned pop idols that save humanity and gravity defying hairdoos that asking what sort of booze they drink is in the same line of asking "who's shirts does Hikaru wear?".

396409[/snapback]

actually, i'm surprised nobody's put up good old Wild Turkey...

396409[/snapback]

I have to disagree.

If Hikaru's Character Profile states that "he loves high-fashion", then it'd be a legitimate question to ask whether he prefers Issey Miyake or Dolce & Gabbana. But it doesn't state that so it would be a silly question.

However, in the Macross Compendium Roy's Character Profile states that he loves alcohol. So I think it's fair to ask "What exactly does he like to drink?"; a question that I'd love to ask Kawamori-san one day.