My Latest Sculpture

captain america

His work is great to look at. I can stare at this thing forever so far and fine new details. Look at the panel lines and weld detail. I bet this thing is just a one off too.

Edited by HWR MKII

Hey Cap. Great Sculpture!

That's sure going to look nice on your shelf!

I gotta start sculpting myself so I can make awesome stuff like that too! :D

That's outstanding!;)I can tell you put your time heart and soul into it and that's what I like. B))

You´re not afraid of BIG kits aren´t you Captain America? I´m longing for words... fantastic doesn´t describe it but is all I can type now! :o:blink::D

You´re not afraid of BIG kits aren´t you Captain America? I´m longing for words... fantastic doesn´t describe it but is all I can type now! :o  :blink:  :D

396713[/snapback]

Hi honneamise.

"Big" is not necessarily linked to difficult... Depending on the subject and medium of course. I tell myself that if the part can fit in my studio, I can generally find a way to work with it :lol:

Actually, I must commend you on the Ghost as well: I think it came out quite fabulous and you've managed to give that obscure old design new wings :)

You´re not afraid of BIG kits aren´t you Captain America? I´m longing for words... fantastic doesn´t describe it but is all I can type now! :o  :blink:  :D

396713[/snapback]

Hi honneamise.

"Big" is not necessarily linked to difficult... Depending on the subject and medium of course. I tell myself that if the part can fit in my studio, I can generally find a way to work with it :lol:

Actually, I must commend you on the Ghost as well: I think it came out quite fabulous and you've managed to give that obscure old design new wings :)

397004[/snapback]

Thanks for the kudos Captain! I´m still stuck to the size of my rather limited pressure pot :( ! And, as I´m still learning the art of proper casting - I´d still be afraid to tackle molds as big as those main body parts of your launch vehicle - wrong mold breakdown and both the mold and a lot of resin will be wasted!

But from what I know of your Regult you´re perfectly in control of those issues.

Can´t wait to see your launch vehicle finished, but I´m kinda afraid of the day it comes out as a kit - will I have the money for this and, if not, can I live without it? :huh:

Yup, I know just what you mean about pressure pots. The largest one I have is a Devilbiss 5 gallon pain tank. It has a diameter of 14" or so that I usually work-around. Depending on the shape and complexity of the part, you may not necessarily need to pressurize it though.

With regards to molds for big parts (1lb mass or greater) all I can say is just take your time to make the mold box as strong, secure, and leak-proof as possible--this is where most people cut corners; often with disastrous results.

Hehe, I remember back when I had a mold box fail right after a pour.. 1.5kg of silicone spewing out like a tsunami of green goo. Oh the memories! :lol: