Warning :1/60 Vf-0s

Hayao Kakizaki

Any one going to do a step by step transformation instruction for the VF-0S in English? :) I remember the YF-19 and Monster had that done! :D

On a side note, i find the connector behind the leg which connects to the back in fighter mode quite difficult to seperate... is there a proper way of doing this or do i just yank them apart?

On the 1/48 VF-1 this was a 'L' shaped piece which just slotted in to keep the legs inplace. now on the VF-0S, it has a catch, which even though holds it securely, is quite tough to seperate!!! :blink:

Any one going to do a step by step transformation instruction for the VF-0S in English? :) I remember the YF-19 and Monster had that done!  :D

On a side note, i find the connector behind the leg which connects to the back in fighter mode quite difficult to seperate... is there a proper way of doing this or do i just yank them apart?

On the 1/48 VF-1 this was a 'L' shaped piece which just slotted in to keep the legs inplace. now on the VF-0S, it has a catch, which even though holds it securely, is quite tough to seperate!!!  :blink:

396648[/snapback]

I haven't got mine yet but probably redundant effort as its similar to the 1/48 and not hard to understand as the Konig Monster.

Just finished reading the review. Looks like another quality effort by yamato. *thumbs up*

I think it might be a good idea to include a pic with the yamato vf1 for comparison. Maybe even chuck in a 1/60 vf1 or Qrau just for fun. (lots of people will think 1/60 is tiny but stand it next to a Qrau and it will instantly show the size.

fighter-7.jpg

Looks like the gunpod is fine and has the same clearance from the ground as the vf1.

Bring on the 1A! :D (or release non-canon LE VF0S with completed panel lines and LV-style weathering smudges :D)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Excellent review G as usal. Thanks :D Can't wait to get mine from toy-wave

That toy looks awsome right out of the box un-stickered - OK, the F-mode is now officially my favorite mode.

Lookey, they even molded and painted the retracted inlet covers in fighter mode :)

Edited by ghostryder

Thanks for the review Graham!

Hope I see more of them popping up soon. Reading that people aren't happy with it and that there are some problems has been like a shower of cold water. I could already have one on its way but after this I need to see more reactions to it. Can't justify the money and, more importantly for me, the display space for something that could arrive with problems.

Words like "fragile" I don't like, especially when I find the 1/48 very durable.

Just finished reading the review. Looks like another quality effort by yamato. *thumbs up*

I think it might be a good idea to include a pic with the yamato vf1 for comparison. Maybe even chuck in a 1/60 vf1 or Qrau just for fun. (lots of people will think 1/60 is tiny but stand it next to a Qrau and it will instantly show the size.

fighter-7.jpg

Looks like the gunpod is fine and has the same clearance from the ground as the vf1.

Bring on the 1A! :D (or release non-canon LE VF0S with completed panel lines and LV-style weathering smudges :D)

396675[/snapback]

Interesting... I'm very intrigued by this picture and decided that I wasn't doing something right with my transformation and after some fiddling around, realized that the arms must be in this position (totally flat and pressed down in fighter)in fighter before you can have any clearance for the gunpod. Anyway, finally managed to have just about 1mm of clearance finally.... phew!

post-701-1146767238_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueMax

OMG!, I finally learned & understood how to transform the 1/60 Zreo. I think this is the best transforming figther ever! I believe toy is not a word for this 1/60. The 1/60 scale yamato VF-0S is the best transformer ever! Best gimmicks ever in a toy replica.

I'm not afraid anymore. I understand how it works, and now is like butter in my hands. Transformation in my opinion is superior compared to the 1/48 in my opinion(you feeeeel me Graham:)) Even the vent covers for the intakes are sculpted in the open position, while this is just a sticker in the 1/48. Wow, I'm glad I'm getting two more, because I;m detailing this one!

OMG!, I finally learned & understood how to transform the 1/60 Zreo. I think this is the best transforming figther ever! I believe toy is not a word for this 1/60. The 1/60 scale yamato VF-0S is the best transformer ever! Best gimmicks ever in a toy replica.

I'm not afraid anymore. I understand how it works, and now is like butter in my hands. Transformation in my opinion is superior compared to the 1/48 in my opinion(you feeeeel me Graham:)) Even the vent covers for the intakes are sculpted in the open position, while this is just a sticker in the 1/48. Wow, I'm glad I'm getting two more, because I;m detailing this one!

396990[/snapback]

So the whole arm rotating mechanism issue was just a case of incorrect transformation or does it still look like it could stress the plastic?

Actually, that piece of plastic has some sort of a vertical pivot, and it makes it possible to accomodate that angle while it rests in the B or G modes. This piece attaches to the shoulder joint and it is stored underneath the metal "swing" bar in the F mode position.

I think this does not really bends, since in the F mode position this pieces look totally flat. The Zero is actually sturdier than what I initially though, and Graham also mentioned it in another thread. I love this thing!

Just got mine from TwinMoon.

Finished transforming from fighter to gerwalk, ant battroid.

So far, nothing too loose, as in the knee caps, but some of the wheel covers are "kinda" loose although they stay in place.

No magnet problem, no arm problem.

However I found one of the foot is not aligned when in a closed position, and the knee rotattion is kinda loose on both legs.

Errr, also the left foot doesn't lock when in fully pulled position, and left arm rotation is kinda loose as well.

Edited by V4lkyri3

Just got mine from TwinMoon.

Finished transforming from fighter to gerwalk, ant battroid.

So far, nothing too loose, as in the knee caps, but some of the wheel covers are "kinda" loose although they stay in place.

No magnet problem, no arm problem.

However I found one of the foot is not aligned when in a closed position, and the knee rotattion is kinda loose on both legs.

Errr, also the left foot doesn't lock when in fully pulled position, and left arm rotation is kinda loose as well.

398439[/snapback]

seriously??? Where's mine???

aw, this sucks. maybe it got delivered today at the office... the day I went home sick. sad/

Graham, do you see difficulties as far as Yamato not being able to make 2 seater VF-0s?

Much like the 1/48s VF-1?

398441[/snapback]

Technically, it is possible. But a VF-0D would require a lot of new tooling, which would be very expensive.

Graham

Someone needs to politely tell Kawamorisan to keep the toy designers in mind when he does his designs... particularly on variations. :lol:

Just read the review. Good one. I disagree about the nosecone and flaps, though. These were a problem with the initial VF-1 releases, but were corrected once the nose-cone got the "notches" (and I never had a problem with the flaps falling off.. if anything, I want proper aleirons, flaps, and a rudder. :ph3ar:

Graham, do you see difficulties as far as Yamato not being able to make 2 seater VF-0s?

398441[/snapback]

Technically, it is possible. But a VF-0D would require a lot of new tooling, which would be very expensive.

Graham

398498[/snapback]

Graham, I don't see cost an issue here. The question is will they sell enough? Judging from this forum, there are enough MWers who are willing to pay the price. I suppose everybody want the two-seater come standard with Shin and Sara Nome figures?

398441[/snapback]

Graham

398498[/snapback]

Graham, I don't see cost an issue here. The question is will they sell enough? Judging from this forum, there are enough MWers who are willing to pay the price. I suppose everybody want the two-seater come standard with Shin and Sara Nome figures?

398762[/snapback]

I'd take a Mao or Deadgar figure over Sara. :lol:

Double posted from pic thread,

Got mine today and I'm not that lucky. One of the tail fin tip is broken and I can't even find it in the box. :angry:

I bought from Tmpanime by the way, hopefully, Tamim will do something for me about it.

I'm so jealous for the people that got a perfect one.

dsc007677dk.jpg

dsc007682do.jpg

Thanks for teaching me how to post picture!

Edited by ychanus

She was in the Zero for a little bit-she was sucking her thumb while Shin and his RIO were doing their thing in episode 3, I think it was?

It would be good if the tip was in the box, giving you a chance to glue it back on. For those that don't have the tip in the box, I guess they're breaking these things on the assembly line and just packing them up anyway...

Hell yeah, that's why I'm so upset, as I can't even fix it. :angry:

I'm sure it's broken before it is being packed, WHY!!! for $170 toy..

It would be good if the tip was in the box, giving you a chance to glue it back on.  For those that don't have the tip in the box, I guess they're breaking these things on the assembly line and just packing them up anyway...

399170[/snapback]

The rest of the toy seems ok, with the loose rotation joints on the arm and knee. The loose gunpod handle and it has the hole too small to be attached in fighter mode. The feet sliding joint is also very loose on mine.

The tail fin tip really upset me and my wife told me to break another one so they'll look even <_< No way....

Edited by ychanus

One of us toy collectors should sit on that final quality-assurance checkpoint at the factory; I bet 80% of the toys wouldn't make it past us.

Anyway, loose joints I could probably deal with (nail polish time!), but a hole that's too small to allow the gunpod to mount? I hope you can drill that out or something to make it mountable. What's TMP Anime's return policy?