New Super Stealth Pic's

DyNo

My opion to combat Defect 1 & 4:

1: I have one very loose and one very tight flap; I turned both the flaps up 45 deg and they stayed in position nice and tight.

2: For people whom have yet open their nose cone, just don't do it, it will save you alot of trouble to put it pack. Took me 10mins of giggling to get back 99% fit.

Gotta say I have a few minor issues with mine so far: -

1) Both flaps come off very easily. I haven't had a 1/48 VF1 where the flaps can get knocked off this easily since the gen 1 Hikaru VF-1A.

4) The nosecone is a very tight fit. In fact, I can't get it to sit all the way back, so there is a noticible gap between the nosecone and the forward fuselage.

Graham

400702[/snapback]

Well after missing all the preorders for the stealth, on vacation here in Hawaii I found one today :D . There shipment had just come in..

Looks much better then is does in the pictures......... But damn Yamato!!!! Lets make the box a little smaller next time....... Now I have to carry this big ass box on the airplane with meĀ  :p

400556[/snapback]

Haha, where did you happen to pick it up Dyno? Collector Maniacs... Mechahawaii?

Going to run down to collectors myself tonight to scrounge one up. I hope i get lucky with the QC. <_<

Yeah, my L.V got real jealous of the StealthĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s fast pack and decided to take matter to its own handƂĀ  :DƂĀ  .ƂĀ  I have more pics here.
Had to get one to help my LV v1 feel less lonely.

400334[/snapback]

Thanks for the pics. Plan to do the same when my stealth shows up. I am worried that the dark gray fast packs will look so good that I will want them on all my valks.

400363[/snapback]

i agree with the gray fast packs, or darker fast packs; they look good. i've always been intrigue with the bandai vf-1s strike valkyrie. here's a korean vf-1j i purchased from the Comic Convention in 1995...with some fast packs...and the vf-1s roy fokker reissue with black fast packs.

post-2303-1148100319_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1148100328.jpg

post-2303-1148100338.jpg

post-2303-1148100355.jpg

You have just given me another reason to buy the Stealth Strike Pack...

Infact this darker colour looks closer to the movie image than current Yamato's SS Pack. Just wish Yamato would sell the Stealth S Pack separately... :rolleyes:

BTY, VF-0S cannot do this pose, proving that VF-0S is slightly less posable than VF-1, Dame!!! :angry:

post-3608-1148102809_thumb.jpgpost-3608-1148102862_thumb.jpg

i agree with the gray fast packs, or darker fast packs; they look good....

400731[/snapback]

Picked up a Super Stealth yesterday. I threw away the box before I even got it home, just so they wife couldn't complain about large and expensive toys!Ā  :lol:

1) Both flaps come off very easily. I haven't had a 1/48 VF1 where the flaps can get knocked off this easily since the gen 1 Hikaru VF-1A.

2) The hole in the gunpod handle is very tight, making it even more difficult to attach in fighter mode than the VF-0S's gunpod.

3) When in the open position, the airbrake alls falls off very easily.

4) The nosecone is a very tight fit. In fact, I can't get it to sit all the way back, so there is a noticible gap between the nosecone and the forward fuselage.

Haven't checked the FAST Packs yet.

Graham

400702[/snapback]

I got none of those defects except maybe no.4. I took it off and tried to put it back in but for the life of me, can't understand why it won't go in all the way, leaving a big gap. I pushed the radome all the way down, and apparently that was causing the nose cone not to enter properly , if the radome is in its normal position. Maybe you can try that.

Its probably due to imperfections of the nose cone mould cause when i see the inside of the nose cone, the plastic looks a tad warped. As in not perfect.

Mowe:

BTY, VF-0S cannot do this pose, proving that VF-0S is slightly less posable than VF-1, Dame!!!

I hoped Yamato could've put a ball joint on the VF-0's head so it can do that head pose without moving the neck plate.

I got none of those defects except maybe no.4. I took it off and tried to put it back in but for the life of me, can't understand why it won't go in all the way, leaving a big gap. I pushed the radome all the way down, and apparently that was causing the nose cone not to enter properly , if the radome is in its normal position. Maybe you can try that.

Its probably due to imperfections of the nose cone mould cause when i see the inside of the nose cone, the plastic looks a tad warped. As in not perfect.

Mine have the same problem. Like wolfx said, the inside of the nosecone is a little bit off. It looks like the notches on the sides aren't lined up properly, so it doesn't fit quite right. But with the radome pushed all the way down, it does fit better and leaves less of a gap. It's still not perfect, but it's so minimal that it doesn't detract from the overall beauty of the Stealth.

Infact this darker colour looks closer to the movie image than current Yamato's SS Pack. Just wish Yamato would sell the Stealth S Pack separately... :rolleyes:

BTY, VF-0S cannot do this pose, proving that VF-0S is slightly less posable than VF-1, Dame!!! :angry:

i agree with the gray fast packs, or darker fast packs; they look good....

400731[/snapback]

400739[/snapback]

wow... that's amazing... wanna try some yoga on my VF-1 also after seen the post that you've made.. . :lol::lol::lol:

Well after missing all the preorders for the stealth, on vacation here in Hawaii I found one today :D . There shipment had just come in..

Looks much better then is does in the pictures......... But damn Yamato!!!! Lets make the box a little smaller next time....... Now I have to carry this big ass box on the airplane with meĀ  :p

post-2356-1148035345_thumb.jpg

400556[/snapback]

Just got my super stealth from HLJ. Have not taken the valk out. But the two interior boxes are plain white. Is that the same on yours?

It is so stealthy it is generic.

All the better to hide and spy! :p

But yeah, the inside boxes are just a glossy white with nothing else.

<Just being silly> Guess Yamato blew the wad on the outer box's design!

All the better to hide and spy! :p

But yeah, the inside boxes are just a glossy white with nothing else.

<Just being silly> Guess Yamato blew the wad on the outer box's design!

400825[/snapback]

The white boxes are easier to sneak past the wife :lol:

i just received the super stealth from LOS. took only two days to deliever from tex to cali. all in all, this is probably one of my fav valk. i do notice that the right flap is kind of loose, but not that bad. and the missles from the fastpack seem a little loose too. a few scratches on both wings. but all in all, it's not that bad. i will just have to ask my friend to help me tighten up the missles and the flap. also, i like the box for the super stealth. it is made from a heavier cardboard compare to the box of the other valks. it's big, but it's very nice. peace, kyatsu :)

The white boxes are easier to sneak past the wife :lol:

400840[/snapback]

That may just be the whole reason it's called the 'stealth'! Yamato finally hears the pain of sneaking these giant things past those who don;t understand. :lol:

If I had the money, I'd buy one of these in a heart beat. I think these things look bad ASS. Alas. I'm poor.

401042[/snapback]

Ask Novea, tell him your situation and I am sure he will give you a special price for this valk. He is not just a vendor but a fan himself so he will be glad to help you!

Edited by stuffparties

If I had the money, I'd buy one of these in a heart beat. I think these things look bad ASS. Alas. I'm poor.

401042[/snapback]

Ask Novea, tell him your situation and I am sure he will give you a special price for this valk. He is not just a vendor but a fan himself so he will be glad to help you!

401085[/snapback]

Thanx for the advice! I'll PM him once I scrounge enough to at least make a decent offer... and retain my dignity while I beg like a pauper. :D

That's a pretty crazy pose. *claps hands* I like it! Now there's a guy who appreciates his toys.

Another minor issue with my super stealth is that while the AMM-1 missiles fit nice and securely on the wings, the UUM-7 micro-missile pods are quite loose on two of the wing attachment points. So loose that the slightest touch will cause them to fall off. This is the first time I've had this problem on any of my 1/48s. Usually, the UUM-7s are nice and tight.

Haven't tested the fit of the RMS-1 reaction missiles yet.

Graham

Another minor issue with my super stealth is that while the AMM-1 missiles fit nice and securely on the wings, the UUM-7 micro-missile pods are quite loose on two of the wing attachment points. So loose that the slightest touch will cause them to fall off. This is the first time I've had this problem on any of my 1/48s. Usually, the UUM-7s are nice and tight.

Haven't tested the fit of the RMS-1 reaction missiles yet.

Graham

401098[/snapback]

I haven't tried the AAM-1s, but on mine the micro missile pods fit tightly while the nukes are pretty loose. I've swapped them around to all the hard points and still have the same results. Oh well, it's still my new favorite in the 1/48 line.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

Thanks GutsAndCasca, the robustness of the VF-1 is really something. Every time I want to try something new, the VF-1 responds with nice surprises. Considering it transforms as well, I think the engineering of this toy is pretty amazing.

Just a word of warming about that pose: I think it puts a fair bit of pressure on the hind-hip connection. Pose it and push your Valk at will, but donĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t put too much downward force or the hind (the intake vent part) might crack, I am speculatingĆ¢ā‚¬Ā¦better be save than sorry :rolleyes: .

That's a pretty crazy pose. *claps hands* I like it! Now there's a guy who appreciates his toys.

401094[/snapback]

Got my stealth over the weekend ... man, it is sweet!! A great looking version of the valkyrie, even if it isn't part of the Macross cannon!! For those of you who think the paint scheme looks lame - trust me, the pics do not do the item justice!!

:):)

It was also my first chance to play/handle the "fast pack strike/super" parts that Yamato makes .. way cool! Now I know what the rest of you are talking about when you say they make the 1/48 valkyries "complete". I can't believe the detail in the missles and the engine parts ... amazing!!

I know, I know ... I sound like a total lame newbie - apologies!! Now I am intrigued by the GDB armour ... would love to buy a set - but man, they are almost the same cost as a 1/48 valkyrie!! And I need to build my collection!

:huh:

just got mine today! :D i havent had a chance to open'em up but I cant wait to.

Anyway, you guys weren't kidding about the size of the box. It looked big in the pics but its HUGE. Its impressive but does it have to have such a big box?

Oh well not i have to figure out were I'm gonna display it. :)

thanks to NEOVA for the Great Service!

Edited by Macross73

Got my stealth over the weekend ... man, it is sweet!!Ā  A great looking version of the valkyrie, even if it isn't part of the Macross cannon!!Ā  For those of you who think the paint scheme looks lame - trust me, the pics do not do the item justice!!

:)Ā  :)

It was also my first chance to play/handle the "fast pack strike/super" parts that Yamato makes .. way cool!Ā  Now I know what the rest of you are talking about when you say they make the 1/48 valkyries "complete".Ā  I can't believe the detail in the missles and the engine parts ... amazing!!

I know, I know ... I sound like a total lame newbie - apologies!!Ā  Now I am intrigued by the GDB armour ... would love to buy a set - but man, they are almost the same cost as a 1/48 valkyrie!!Ā  And I need to build my collection!

401250[/snapback]

Dude the stealth does appear in the anime as background scenes in the hanger. Not too detail but if you see the early episodes there is one episode showing 3 small all black valks in the hanger. :)

no, again, the stealth does NOT appear in the animation. A dark valk appears but there's nothing to indicate it has gray trim and is anything more than DARK. Certainly no evidence it multi-toned, a VF-1J, or has strike packs???

What is the official stance on them: are they dark blue with shadows cast on them, or are they black.

I wonder if yamato will release a dark blue version and call it stealth ver2? :D

The stealth is so stealthy we can't even be sure it existed or not.

401315[/snapback]

:ph34r: You know too much. You must be eliminated. :ph34r:

You know too much. You must be eliminated.

I admit I hacked into the government's computers and from what I learned it was ivanov's clone who piloted the plane. The anti-un were running short on good pilots so they used him as a metal gear solid style "big boss" type original to make new soldiers.

Future soldiers will be combination taken from dna samples of deunan knute's father, solid snake, kira yamato, baba fett and max jenius to make the ultimate next gen soldiers to fight off hostile alien races on other planets before the grand empire is created and the protodevlin come back to posess the minds of these soldiers to once again rule over the galaxy.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

no, again, the stealth does NOT appear in the animation.Ā  A dark valk appears but there's nothing to indicate it has gray trim and is anything more than DARK.Ā  Certainly no evidence it multi-toned, a VF-1J, or has strike packs???

401324[/snapback]

yEAH it doesnt have grey trim. They are just all black. They were drawn too small for detail. There were 3 all black non strike vf's. I saw it on one of the early episodes. showed 3 of them sitting together in a row in the hanger.

Looks much better then is does in the pictures......... But damn Yamato!!!! Lets make the box a little smaller next time....... Now I have to carry this big ass box on the airplane with meƂĀ  :p

400556[/snapback]

Wow only took 4 days with ground shipping from Hawaii to Maryland......

post-2356-1148796094_thumb.jpg

Home sweet home :D

Edited by DyNo

Got my stealth over the weekend ... man, it is sweet!!ƂĀ  A great looking version of the valkyrie, even if it isn't part of the Macross cannon!!ƂĀ  For those of you who think the paint scheme looks lame - trust me, the pics do not do the item justice!!

:)ƂĀ  :)

It was also my first chance to play/handle the "fast pack strike/super" parts that Yamato makes .. way cool!ƂĀ  Now I know what the rest of you are talking about when you say they make the 1/48 valkyries "complete".ƂĀ  I can't believe the detail in the missles and the engine parts ... amazing!!

I know, I know ... I sound like a total lame newbie - apologies!!ƂĀ  Now I am intrigued by the GDB armour ... would love to buy a set - but man, they are almost the same cost as a 1/48 valkyrie!!ƂĀ  And I need to build my collection!

401250[/snapback]

Dude the stealth does appear in the anime as background scenes in the hanger. Not too detail but if you see the early episodes there is one episode showing 3 small all black valks in the hanger. :)

401311[/snapback]

Yeah dude! Pay attention to the details will you. Haha..im kidding bro. :p

I bought my Super Pack 1/48 Scale Stealth VF-1J from a local toyshop in Taipei.

Anyway, I have similar QC problems that's reported by Graham.

The toyshop where I bought mine says the QC problems with my Stealth VF-1J are common and that I should just fix it myself.

Well, I can't live with the QC problems (minor as they are) for a toy with a US$200 price tag. A fellow toy-collector suggested that I contact the local distributor for Yamato toys and exchange my Super Pack Stealth VF-1J. I mean, if a customer buys a toaster and it doesn't work, he or she should be able to exchange it or at least get a refund.

I've looked at other boxes of the Stealth VF-IJ in other local toyshops and noticed that some have the stubs that connect the flaps on the wings are exposed. There is usually a chip with one of the flaps. This is the case with my Stealth VF-1J.

post-3450-1148838706_thumb.jpg

post-3450-1148838732_thumb.jpg

post-3450-1148838758_thumb.jpg

The missles on the Strike parts also fall off easily with the slightest touch.

In addition, the very first time I transformed my Stealth VF-1J, the legs disconnected from the hinges. It's either there wasn't any glue or the part is just very loose.

post-3450-1148838778_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow is Monday here, so I'll see about contacting the local distributor and exchanging mine. I'm crossing my fingers. If they're reluctant to exchange it, I'm going to fax Yamato's After-Sales Department.

Edited by roboto

Roboto - sorry to hear about all the QC issues with your stealth, best of luck trying to get it resolved.

I didn't seem to have any issues with mine, but then again, perhaps I am not as thorough/detailed oriented about it as you and Graham are.

:)

Looks much better then is does in the pictures......... But damn Yamato!!!! Lets make the box a little smaller next time....... Now I have to carry this big ass box on the airplane with meƂĀ  :p

400556[/snapback]

Wow only took 4 days with ground shipping from Hawaii to Maryland......

post-2356-1148796094_thumb.jpg

Home sweet home :D

402983[/snapback]

DyNo - Cool pic. Can you show the rest of your shelf? Just curious about the collection .... (and jealous!)

<_<