Aliens Vs. Predator 2 Script and Movie Review

• 3 months later...

Ok I saw this movie. I had to watch it at night with all the lights turned off, in complete and total darkness...

so I could tell, wait no. So I could TRY and decipher what was going on. I heard a lot of alien sounds and there was teenagers and pizza and sewers. I kept wondering when the ninja turtles would show up.

Why does the predalien lay eggs from its mouth? Sure, we all know that when the predators open their mouths it looks like a very, very scary looking vagina but did the creators of this flick honestly think that... that there are real, literal vaginal openings on the predator's faces? That's just too sick in too many ways.

Man this was the awesomest movie ever made. For part three, ALL they need for the entire movie, is the opening credits, then a 10 second shot of a woman with a predator face tattoo between her legs, and then the closing credits. Done.

Ok I saw this movie. I had to watch it at night with all the lights turned off, in complete and total darkness...

so I could tell, wait no. So I could TRY and decipher what was going on. I heard a lot of alien sounds and there was teenagers and pizza and sewers. I kept wondering when the ninja turtles would show up.

Agreed. The film was shot way too dark .... I couldn't see much in many of the darkness/night-time scenes (which was like 60 - 70% of the movie).

I have to state for the record I WAS WRONG! Before this abomination of a movie came out I posted I thought it;d be good.. mnan was I wrong. Watched it last night finally.. was like a 90 minute trailer. What really annoyed me were the constant "homages" - basically they re-shot scenes from Alien, Aliens and Predator and cut them together lifting SFX whole soundtrack segments and dialogue. I agree, give up on the movies and stick to the games.. this new Colonial Marines game looks great.

Has anyone checked out the XTREEEEEME Edition DVD yet?

Yeah, I picked up a copy because I hadn't seen any version of it yet.

It has to be watched at night or you can't see a thing.

I was a little confused as to why the Predator "big" ship shed it's little ship and it flew back to earth right away?

Why didn't the Preadators send more than one if they were going to go back to earth to kill all the Aliens?

Why did the Preadator have to lift a shoulder gun off of a dead Preadator so he could have two? You would think there would be some extras laying around.

BUT

By the end of the movie I thought it was worth the $18 or whatever I paid for it. It's not very often that Holywood will put out a movie where the spot where the $h!t is going down actually gets nuked.

I thought Requiem was a poor film, but halfway decent brainless fun.

Of course it felt more like a I Know What You Did Laster Summer with Aliens, than an Alien or Predator film - which loads of plot hole to boot !

A gigantic waste IMO.... especially since I enjoyed the first one quite a bit.

-Sergorn

I think the next sequel should be "Predator vs Alien vs Spy vs Spy"

(And I just noticed that this is my 100th post. Shouldn't I get a red letter from Shawn or Graham or something. That's what the Queen does for people's 100th B-days in the UK)

She also sends letters to 100th birthday people in Canada.

Anyway you're wrong it should be.

Alien Vs Predator Vs Robocop Vs Terminator Vs GI Joe Vs The Transformers Vs Superman Vs Batman Vs Spy Vs Spy

• 1 month later...

... would any of you be surprised that I found it to be mindlessly entertaining?

Was it as good as Aliens or Predator? Nope, no where close, but then again I wasn't expecting it to. Was it full of violence, gore, violence, swearing, violence, action, violence, nifty ending, violence, and have I mentioned a touch of violence? Oh, yeah B)) I enjoyed the little shout-outs it made to previous films, such as the Alien hiding underneath a catwalk (much like Arnie did in Predator).

Of course, it could also be that I have crappy taste when it comes to movies. Afterall, I enjoy Daredevil the movie ^_^

I watched this with the girlfriend on a portable DVD player while traveling by train in Japan. A lot happened at night which made not watching it in a pitch black room pretty difficult. For some reason, the GF actually thought the first film was decent but after the second one she said "Wait, was the first one this bad also?" When I told her I thought it was she suggested she might have been drunk when she saw the first one. There were just why too many points you were left wondering "Why doesn't this happen?" Since when does an alien take on the characteristics of its hosts? Has that always been part of the lore?

Since when does an alien take on the characteristics of its hosts? Has that always been part of the lore?

It has. This is clearly shown in Alien 3 when the alien is more quadrapedal than bipedal because its host was a steer(cow). Ripley even remarks about how this one is different. Yeah, the theatrical cut shows a dog, but before the flick was cut down it was a cow. The extended cut shows this, and while still a problematic film, it at least fixes a lot of things that were wrong with the theatrical cut.

The original concept for the alien had a more clear/translucent face where you could see that behind the dome was a human-like skull. This was the only quick pic I could find that shows what I'm talking about.

Alien_headknocker.jpg

When you think about it, the "Alien" is really the facehugger. The only way it propagates itself is by impregnating an organism which spawns a larger Alien form that takes on the traits of its host which then is programmed to get more face huggers onto other organisms in an attempt to make a queen that will make more facehuggers. The facehugger seems to be the only constant in the process. The cut scene in Alien with Dallas being cocooned is a variant on this, from the wiki:

"The original cut of the film also included a scene where, after the attacks on all her fellow crew-members, Ripley heads towards the shuttle, then stumbles across a room where she finds Dallas, barely alive, and Brett (Dallas and Brett, the first two crew-members to fall victim to the Alien, had disappeared). Dallas ends up immobilized in a cocoon and Brett appears part-way through a process of mutating into an Alien egg. Dallas begs Ripley to kill him, and she does so by using her flamethrower device. (The egg-mutation process comprises the only form of reproduction shown by the Alien until the later films' depiction of an Alien Queen as a source for the eggs.)"

It's a cool scene, btw. The collector's editions of all the Alien flicks are pretty nice as they have the theatrical and extended cuts on them, all of which I think are better than the theatrical cuts.

And come on, the way the blonde chick died in the 2nd was just AWESOME!

Right on, although not having her nude in the pool scene was a real waste...

I hated the first AvP, but really enjoyed (in a stupid sense) the second one.

Hey, I gotta grab for myself those extended editions for the Aliens quadrology. I only got Director's Cut's Aliens, and appreciated the extra footage. Some things make a little more sense, and with those extra scenes mentioned in the extended edition of the original Alien, sound pretty interesting. Not counting the fact that it's being YEARS since I haven't watched Alien as a whole again.

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

• 3 months later...

Now that this is showing on HBO (or is it Showtime...?), I finally got around to watching it. After seeing AVP, I was fearing the worst and my expectations were incredibly low. That being said, this movie exceeded my expectations in a few ways. So, if anyone is still talking about this franchise, I'd enjoy hearing what you think about some of the points in this movie.

- I can't believe they'd use the motion tracker sound effect at the title screen of the movie. That's not even remotely right to tease me with that.

- I think this movie did a fairly nice job introducing some new Predator lore. I thought the concept of the "cleaner" was somewhat plausible, but it did seem a little odd to me that only 1 would be sent. I thought it was interesting that the Wolf would stop to pray over one of the fallen Predators in the crashed ship. The "blue goo" seemed a little too useful, but if the Predators have been hunting Aliens for long enough, they've surely learned a few tricks from them and have put them to good use. Setting up the laser grid in the sewer to lock the Aliens in was quite clever.

- The Wolf Predator was hands down the baddest one in any of the movies thus far. Every time he did something, I couldn't wait to see just how authoritatively he would do it. Using two casters just made me smile.

- Exactly how many rounds of 5.56mm would you need to put into an Alien to kill it? It just doesn't seem like it'd be an effective weapon at all, which is why I couldn't help but laugh when the Army woman must have fired about a smabillion rounds without changing magazines.

- If Aliens take on the characteristics of their host and the Predalien could create more Aliens by facesucking a pregnant woman, Predators must have some... nasty... mating processes. I'm not sure what to infer from this, but it's potentially more curious Predator lore.

- So what exactly happens to the survivors at the end of the movie? And how about the Special Forces group who picked them up? Surely they can't all be expected to be sworn to secrecy forever.

- It really irritated me that some of the scenes and lines were directly out of previous movies. I cringed on a few occasions.

- Mathematically, how do so many Aliens wind up running around the town before the hospital is taken? How many facehuggers were on the Predator ship, anyway? I thought there were 5 Aliens total before the hospital.

- National Guard, WTF? I know we're not talking about Green Berets here, but there were only, what, a dozen of them? Not that I've ever seen an emergency NG mobilization here where I live, but I feel like a dozen with an armored vehicle is a pretty small reaction force.

Ah, well. Maybe I'll watch it again just for fun. I can't force myself to see AVP again, but Requiem was good based solely on The Wolf.

By the way, does anyone have any of the Hot Toys Aliens Snap Kits? I've seen these on eBay recently, and was wondering how articulated they are. They look to be about the scale of GI Joes.

I watched this when it came out on dvd, AVP was bad, but somehow AVPR was worse. I will give it credit for a fantastic Predator design as i felt this Predator was more reminiscent of the original Predator but with more goodies, though the shoulder cannon turned gun was over doing it though IMO. Overall I would have trouble watching it a second time, even if i caught it on cable.