Are there any good pics of the ships and fighters from this movie yet? I know there was a Tiger on display but I still haven't seen any desent shots of the Cosmo Zero yet.

Chris

Hey Kronnang Dunn, is there any more to that image you're using for an avatar?

Sadly not. That's how it was posted on Pixiv... :unsure:

Are there any good pics of the ships and fighters from this movie yet? I know there was a Tiger on display but I still haven't seen any desent shots of the Cosmo Zero yet.

Chris

post-7862-0-15015200-1308567109_thumb.jpg :)

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Sadly not. That's how it was posted on Pixiv... :unsure:

post-7862-0-15015200-1308567109_thumb.jpg :)

Kinda "meh." Cool design; just wish they didn't have to give the "stealth" treatment to everything in sci-fi nowadays. Always liked the century-fighters-inspired feel to the classes/designs of the supporting ships in Starblazers/Yamato, as well as the naval-inspired captial ships--romanticized though they may be.

French speaking people will be pleased to know that this movie will get its french DVD/BR release on the 2nd of august.

Well, at least I am pleased of this ^^

Kinda "meh." Cool design; just wish they didn't have to give the "stealth" treatment to everything in sci-fi nowadays. Always liked the century-fighters-inspired feel to the classes/designs of the supporting ships in Starblazers/Yamato, as well as the naval-inspired captial ships--romanticized though they may be.

Well... the Yamato was kept intact. But I must tell you that the new Cosmo Zero design is gonna give you a major surprise when you watch it in action. I won't spoil it, but just wait until you see it in action dude, hehe. :p

No, I haven't seen the film, but I self-spoiled :wacko: when I read the description of a scene where the craft appears... :unsure:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Anything better than a 720mkv rip in 2ch stereo only? Perhaps a 1080p AC3 5.1? I guess there's no english subtitles on the BR-DVD though eh? $70cdn for a Japanese only BR is just too much at this time.

Anything better than a 720mkv rip in 2ch stereo only? Perhaps a 1080p AC3 5.1? I guess there's no english subtitles on the BR-DVD though eh? $70cdn for a Japanese only BR is just too much at this time.

PM sent

Well... the Yamato was kept intact. But I must tell you that the new Cosmo Zero design is gonna give you a major surprise when you watch it in action. I won't spoil it, but just wait until you see it in action dude, hehe. :p

No, I haven't seen the film, but I self-spoiled :wacko: when I read the description of a scene where the craft appears... :unsure:

Yes that was a major surprise...interesting I'll give it that.

Is there any site with a plot/film synopsis for those of us who don't speak Japanese and is trying to remain calm waiting for a subtitle file to come out?

Is there any site with a plot/film synopsis for those of us who don't speak Japanese and is trying to remain calm waiting for a subtitle file to come out?

For those who have seen the movie RAW and want a little explanation on exactly what happened, or for those of you who want to be spoiled in all the plot details, a movie summery can be found here:

Live-Action Movie Synopsis Part 3

A note regarding 2009's Yamato Rebirth - just got word that the extended directors cut has been completed. No word on when it will be released though.

(And yes, 'directors cut' IS a bit of a misnomer considering Nishizaki is dead).

To weigh in on the live action Yamato discussion (saw it twice late last year and managed to meet Leiji Matsumoto in the process), theres also an Australian distributor confirmed but for DVD only.

Surely it will only be a matter of time before a US licensor is announced.

For thos who cant wait - my personal opinion is grab the bluray and a plot summary. Dont feed the fansubbers if you can avoid it. To whomever was complaining about 'Chinglish' subtitles, fansubs are often equaly as wrong/bad - its just that their grammar is correct so ppl dont notice.

To whomever was complaining about 'Chinglish' subtitles, fansubs are often equaly as wrong/bad - its just that their grammar is correct so ppl dont notice.

You know what? I never really thought about it, but yeah, you're totally right. I don't really watch that much fansubbed anime but I remember when Frontier was airing, there were a lot of issues with the translation.

So, was the movie good enough at the box office to make a sequal? I think I need more.

It was successful...but a sequel?

The ending kinda...ya know...prevents it. ;)

It was successful...but a sequel?

The ending kinda...ya know...prevents it. ;)

Haha, true, it would be pretty hard to pull off. But then again, there was Yamato Rebirth in 2009.

I wish there was more of the ship....I wonder if there are any technical manuals out yet based on the movie ship. I want to see detailed pictures of the live-actionb movie ship and compare the differences between it and the various anime incarnations of Yamato. It looked like this version kept alot of IJN Yamato's hardware intact (in appearance anyway). The main guns looked almost exactly like WW2 version.