New Star Trek Movie In 2009..

bandit29

Yeah, I was there all the time back in Armada's heyday. As I said, I was a 2D 'artist' on the MP1&2 with my friend TheFOrce, who was the real talent behind the partnership. These days I've only stayed in contact with P81 and another modding friend - everybody else dropped off the face of the Earth, it seems.

I suggest starting with a clean slate. Stock game > install patch. Then go to DS9FX and download all the stuff it needs and suggest (they will tell you to get NanoFX 2.0). Install all of that. Install the Bridge plugin and it's associated bridge sets. I don't believe the Defiant bridge is a plugin set, but it works without problems. I think the Excaliber set has problems, though.

I then suggest getting the TNG Ambassador pack by LC Amaral and CG's Soveriegn pack (whichever version is the newest). Very good models, though you may have to adjust the hardpoint files because they're overpowered compared to the stats of the DS9FX ships.

Bridge Commander looks really beautiful with NanoFX and minor texture changes added in (like new high res background stars and a new warp flash).

See, that is what really annoys me. To install one mod, you need other mods. It's just silly, and that is where the confusion sets in. Whenever I tried adding more than one ship with BCMP I'd get the black screen. I think I reinstalled BC at least five times along with copying the entire game directory. Now, Armada on the other hand - incredibly easy. I mean no offense to the BC modders, but what the hell were they thinking when they designed that Foundation utility? It's a mess.

Edited by meh_cd

DS9FX's requirements don't really have much to do with other mods, just modules and small files that makes it work, all listed with links on DS9FX's download page. NanoFX2 is a recommended suggestion, but the mod can detect if NanoFX is installed or not, and adjusts the installation accordingly.

The Bridge Plugin, Ambassador, Soveriegn ect are just suggestions of mine. You don't need them if you don't want them and DS9FX works fine with or without them.

Here's a tip - create a copy of the entire Scripts folder each time you confirm mods work without conflicts. All problems are caused in the scripts folder, so you can just restore the scripts from your last backup while you hunt down the problem.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

• 1 month later...

How would this movie fit in with the rest of Star Trek, would it be set during the 60s star trek. If it is set before it, wouldn't spock still be with captian pike instead of kirk.

How would this movie fit in with the rest of Star Trek, would it be set during the 60s star trek. If it is set before it, wouldn't spock still be with captian pike instead of kirk.

From the sounds of it, it will be set prior to TOS. Bruce Greenwood is listed to portray Captain Pike.

Bruce Greenwood is listed to portray Captain Pike.

So there is a Captain Pike after all, I was a bit confused when I read in the papers that it was a prequel with Kirk and crew, but no mention of Pike.

Yes, Bruce Greenwood plays Captain Pike. Leonard Nimoy, Zachary Quinto, and a third person play Spock (I'm guessing the third one is going to be a kid or a baby). I read that Winona Ryder (chain smoker) was having a bad time when they decided to no longer allow smoking during work breaks to try to minimalize paparazzi photos. It seems they filmed something at Long Beach City Hall according to Trekmovie.com.

The little bit of Lost I watched I liked, but I never watched Alias. Never saw Mission Impossible III either.

Damnit, I can't wait for cloverfield to come out so I can watch that teaser trailer! :D

The little bit of Lost I watched I liked, but I never watched Alias. Never saw Mission Impossible III either.

Lost is good, but MI:III was a MAJOR disappointment. I never liked Alias either, so JJ Abrams is a hit or miss IMHO.

:ph34r:

Lost had promise when it looked like Lord of the Flies. Instead we got Lord of the Rings and I couldn't flee fast enough.

As reported elsewhere, the Enterprise exterior will apparently be fairly similar to the class TOS ship, but the interiors will apparently be completely different, which is reasonable. Since, after all, the TOS interiors were made for a low-budget 1960s vision of what the future looked like.

I've heard all the hoopla and speculation on this upcoming Trek film. While I've long since become convinced that the franchise is dead, and should be allowed to rest, I'm willing to give this film a fair shake.

So, yes, I plan on seeing it.

Star Trek needed a new perspective, too. Unfortunately, Star Trek had been under Roddenberry 2 (Rick Berman)'s dominion since 1990, and when you have an executive producer who likes to play it safe*, you're going to run out of stories to tell.

*He got into lots of arguments with Ira Steven Behr and Ronald D. Moore over the Dominion War, and wanted it over in 2-3 episodes so they can go back to... I dunno, doing more madcap Ferengi comedy episodes. Now with 20% extra ZANY!

DS9 for most parts (at least to me) was ho-hum dull until the Dominion War. There were good episodes before the war, I'm sure (that I can't remember). But the war brought a focus and several things normally not seen in Star Trek

Warships fighting, sometimes even fleet engagements

Federation looking less like a bunch of pu**ies ever since the advent of the TNG era (TNG era Federation needed a kick in the nuts for their own good)

Seeing the Klingons do their thing far more in a time of war

A lengthy, major, fluid backdrop that you can fall back to

Introduced many more ship designs onscreen

All these warships in Star Trek... couldn't only have been for exploration and diplomacy, right?

The Dominion war made DS9 the best Trek series overall. However, nothing that happened in the war would have been as good if we hadn't have had all those early seasons/eps establishing the characters. DS9 was really split between "soft and hard" for the first 3/last 4 seasons, but it was a good mix overall. TNG was always "soft" and pure characters while VOY tried to always be in danger/action but we simply didn't care about the VOY crew to start with.

Sisko hit Q, Picard never did that. :):lol:

I love how there's so much secrecy surrounding the new movie. That they're going to such lengths to not let buttloads of spoilers get out and that they've managed to keep it as tightly sealed as it's been so far. Other than cast confirmations, there's been a lot of rumors and a few paparazzi photos, but that's about it.

I like the new uniforms. :) They look nice.

anyone liked space above and beyond?

I liked it quite a bit but towards the end of its only season, it got real bad. But there's a couple things I think lead to that.

- For some reason, halfway through the season, Fox abruptly changed its timeslot. One week it was playing just before my favorite show, the X-Files. The next week I tune it, it wasn't there. No commercial announcement about it. I only found it's new slot just by flipping through the channels one day and coming across it by accident.

- It wasn't the only time the show changed times either. What a way to lose viewers.

- Lose viewers? You're going to get canned. I guess the writing was on the walls to the cast and staff for S:AAB. The last episodes were very mediocre and the very last one was a horrible, "WTF?" moment. I mean, they kill off everyone but 2 of the characters, end it, thanks for watching!

Edited by Warmaker

First pic of the new/old Enterprise

My feelings on this movie are kind of mixed. On the one hand as a Star Trek fan I'm happy this franchise is

continuing with this movie on the other hand I'm not really interested in re-visiting Kirk, Spock and Co.

We should be going forward with Trek not constantly doing prequels of some kind. And I seriously doubt I

can tickle "WOW" out of myself when the classic bulbous Enterprise of the 60's does it's flybys in the movie.

Can't see/tell anything. But I think the font's wrong on the hull!

PS---a "make you want to shoot the TV like Elvis" moment I heard/saw very recently on one of the many E!/Access Hollywood etc type shows:

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far away---that's right fans, a new Star Trek movie is coming!"

Can't see/tell anything. But I think the font's wrong on the hull!

PS---a "make you want to shoot the TV like Elvis" moment I heard/saw very recently on one of the many E!/Access Hollywood etc type shows:

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far away---that's right fans, a new Star Trek movie is coming!"

lol I can just see the skinny, stupid, make-up drenched hosts saying this.

I liked it quite a bit but towards the end of its only season, it got real bad. But there's a couple things I think lead to that.

- For some reason, halfway through the season, Fox abruptly changed its timeslot. One week it was playing just before my favorite show, the X-Files. The next week I tune it, it wasn't there. No commercial announcement about it. I only found it's new slot just by flipping through the channels one day and coming across it by accident.

- It wasn't the only time the show changed times either. What a way to lose viewers.

- Lose viewers? You're going to get canned. I guess the writing was on the walls to the cast and staff for S:AAB. The last episodes were very mediocre and the very last one was a horrible, "WTF?" moment. I mean, they kill off everyone but 2 of the characters, end it, thanks for watching!

Agree add to that the U.K shedule put it very late at night in the end. I managed to miss the last epidsode due to the BBC changing the shedule and not bothering to tell anyone. I do have most of them on tape though and was thinking of getting the DVD just for old time sake.

Hope they dont kill off ST with this film. IIRC George Lucas was quoted in saying that Star Trek was a dead story of words to that effect. This film has the potential to be the revitaliser for the francise.