New Star Trek Movie In 2009..

bandit29

now if they actually had space fighter combat in the next one, that would be awesome...transforming fighters, even better!

Well, they have shown Federation-style "fighters" in space combat, but they're no where near the coolness level of the Valks, or even the X-Wings and BSG Vipers.

Though, I do have a personal soft-spot for Defiant's "Don't funk with me, I'm a hard-headed, no excuses, stubborn-ass, overpowered, overgunned WARship."

I could watch that little ship kick ass all day.

My casting choices for young Kirk & Spock: -

Colin Farrel & Samuel L. Jackson.

or

Ben Assfleck & Matt Damon.

or

Tom Cruise & Jamie Foxx.

or

Keanu Reeves and Jack Black.

Ya know, this could be a pretty funny movie. :p

Graham (who does not take this stuff seriously)

Speaking of Riker and the Titan, that wouldn't be a bad angle to pursue. A few familiar faces augmenting a mostly new crew, new ship, and new adventures as they move away from the diplomatic missions, the goodwill missions, the Dominion War, etc, and get back to exploring the Final Frontier.

I could dig that, but they need to do something about the Riker-Troi thing. Having a husband and wife team on a deepspace explorer doesn't sound very exciting...

My casting choices for young Kirk & Spock: -

Colin Farrel & Samuel L. Jackson.

or

Ben Assfleck & Matt Damon.

or

Tom Cruise & Jamie Foxx.

or

Keanu Reeves and Jack Black.

Ya know, this could be a pretty funny movie. :p

Graham (who does not take this stuff seriously)

394064[/snapback]

no kidding :p

I want to see the Enterprise-F!!!!!!

393386[/snapback]

well we all know what the f stands for in enterprise f :D:p:lol:

well they say the series went downhill after they went agaist rodenberry idealogy and made it the way they did after the borg rodenberry would off tured in his grave a blew like a matter-anti matter explosion if he knew lol

Check out today's IMDb news:

Abrams Slams 'Star Trek' Rumors

Mission: Impossible III director J.J. Abrams is hitting back at unauthorized reports he is directing the next Star Trek movie. The Alias creator is furious the news was released prematurely and is also upset that key details regarding the storyline were incorrectly reported. He explains to Empire online, "The whole thing was reported entirely without our cooperation. People learned that I was producing a Star Trek film, that I had an option to direct it, they hear rumors of what the thing was going to be and ran with a story that is not entirely accurate." Last week, Hollywood trade paper Variety, reported Abrams was on board and that the film would center on the early days of Captain James T. Kirk and Spock and that Philip Seymour Hoffman was in talks to play the ship's doctor. Abrams won't reveal the true storyline, but hints that it won't feature characters Captain James T. Kirk or Mr. Spock at all, but doesn't rule out bringing some of the original characters back for the new film, adding, "Those characters are so spectacular. I just think that..you know, they could live again."

Check out today's IMDb news:
Abrams Slams 'Star Trek' Rumors

Mission: Impossible III director J.J. Abrams is hitting back at unauthorized reports he is directing the next Star Trek movie. The Alias creator is furious the news was released prematurely and is also upset that key details regarding the storyline were incorrectly reported. He explains to Empire online, "The whole thing was reported entirely without our cooperation. People learned that I was producing a Star Trek film, that I had an option to direct it, they hear rumors of what the thing was going to be and ran with a story that is not entirely accurate." Last week, Hollywood trade paper Variety, reported Abrams was on board and that the film would center on the early days of Captain James T. Kirk and Spock and that Philip Seymour Hoffman was in talks to play the ship's doctor. Abrams won't reveal the true storyline, but hints that it won't feature characters Captain James T. Kirk or Mr. Spock at all, but doesn't rule out bringing some of the original characters back for the new film, adding, "Those characters are so spectacular. I just think that..you know, they could live again."

394583[/snapback]

PRAISE ALTHENA!

They could always do a movie of the Romulan war, from what little they mentioned of it in the original series. People floating in crappy little ships lobbing nukes at each other, not even knowing what the other side looked like since their ships were so primitive and communications sucked.

I dunno if they covered any of that in Enterprise because I didn't watch it. :p

They could always do a movie of the Romulan war, from what little they mentioned of it in the original series.  People floating in crappy little ships lobbing nukes at each other, not even knowing what the other side looked like since their ships were so primitive and communications sucked.

395149[/snapback]

The general public would just label it a crappy submarine warfare movie in space.

The problem with Star Trek and the general public is that there is just so much junk to digest since the Universe has gotten so big. That's why the back to basics approach was supposed to be good, but Berman ended up destroying Enterprise by not removing all the junk but just renaming it and making even more junk.

They could always do a movie of the Romulan war, from what little they mentioned of it in the original series.  People floating in crappy little ships lobbing nukes at each other, not even knowing what the other side looked like since their ships were so primitive and communications sucked.

395149[/snapback]

They didn't cover it. They DID have romulans, though.

395149[/snapback]

IMHO Nemesis had the perfect opportunity to spotlight the Romulans. They could have brought back Tomalok and Sela but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :angry:

395149[/snapback]

IMHO Nemesis had the perfect opportunity to spotlight the Romulans. They could have brought back Tomalok and Sela but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :angry:

395313[/snapback]

And Spock, for retro-nostalgia factor.

He's on Romulus working towards Romulan/Vulcan reunification last anyone heard.

But yeah... Nemesis was a double-letdown. Not only was it a bad Trek movie, but it was a bad romulan story.

O NOES TEH PICARD CLOEN TAHT LOOKS NUTHING LIEK PICARD AM GUNNA THEEF TEH REEL PICARD'S BLUUD!1111 N DATA DIEZ, BUT ITZ OKAY HE HAZ TEH TWIN!111

Abrams won't reveal the true storyline, but hints that it won't feature characters Captain James T. Kirk or Mr. Spock at all, but doesn't rule out bringing some of the original characters back for the new film, adding, "Those characters are so spectacular. I just think that..you know, they could live again."

Sulu-Trek? An TMP-era Excelsior-centric movie? I can dream.

Berman or no Berman, there's a lot of expectations this new Trek flick is going to be measured up to.

This is another prequel. As evidenced from the Star Wars prequels and Enterprise, it was a challenge trying to please the fans of those respective franchises. As you know, "pleased" wasn't the word.

This [sTXI] will probably be a make or break for the faltered franchise.

Edited by USMCBebop

but only if they get damon to play kirk... and robin williams as McCoy... bring back the entire cast of goodwill hunting I say.

Robin Williams: "Jim. It's not your fault."

Damon: "I know."

RW: "It's not your fault, Jim."

Damon <Holds back the tears>: "I know, Bones"

RW: "It's not your fault." <pause> "It's not your fault." <pause> "It's not your fault."

Damon: WAAHHH!!!

:lol:

affleck as kirk! 

but only if they get damon to play kirk... and robin williams as McCoy... bring back the entire cast of goodwill hunting I say.

395941[/snapback]

seriously williams may be good if he plays a romulan, hes got some wicked looks in his noncomodic movies.

damon maybe be good as Chekov.

But can Damon scream as Chekov? The ability to scream is essential for that character!

Get the guy that played Bane in Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions for Spock. Yeah he'd look like an evil one, but he can already do dry and logical.

You know what, they should get Jordy and Data back in this movie. I swear to God those were my two favorite charcters in the Next Generation.

You know what, they should get Jordy and Data back in this movie. I swear to God those were my two favorite charcters in the Next Generation.

396290[/snapback]

Uh, Data is dead. Not that this little fact would ever stop them... <_<

That's why they had the other android that looked exactly like data, so they could pull a Search for Spock.

Star Trek XI: The Chaos of Q, or how i learned to stop worrying and love troublemakers :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
That's why they had the other android that looked exactly like data, so they could pull a Search for Spock.

Didn't Data crap his brain into his twin's in an attempt to force the new guy to become smart?

And I seem to recall the new android was already adopting Data's mannerisms at the end of it.