What do one want?

skatata

I'd love to see a side scroller where you can control when and what mode to transform into. I never liked the powerup system in DYRL and Mac Plus arcade games. In the game I'm working on you can control the transformations with buttons.

But other than that I really enjoyed the 2D scrollers. It might be neat to have one where you had more Valkyrie selections, and maybe even levels that resembled episodes.

I'd love to see a side scroller where you can control when and what mode to transform into. I never liked the powerup system in DYRL and Mac Plus arcade games. In the game I'm working on you can control the transformations with buttons.

But other than that I really enjoyed the 2D scrollers. It might be neat to have one where you had more Valkyrie selections, and maybe even levels that resembled episodes.

I remember hero interactive had been working on a sidescroller like that but in the demo they released you couldn't change to gerwalk or battroid modes. other than that the game was looking good. I haven't a clue why they stopped.

I'd love to see a side scroller where you can control when and what mode to transform into.  I never liked the powerup system in DYRL and Mac Plus arcade games.  In the game I'm working on you can control the transformations with buttons.

But other than that I really enjoyed the 2D scrollers.  It might be neat to have one where you had more Valkyrie selections, and maybe even levels that resembled episodes.

I remember hero interactive had been working on a sidescroller like that but in the demo they released you couldn't change to gerwalk or battroid modes. other than that the game was looking good. I haven't a clue why they stopped.

thexter, or thexder... I forget, was a side scroller with a transforming valk like plane/robot from back in the days when the apple IIgs was around. I kind of like the idea of free transformation and power ups like a cross between thexder and darius twin. Why... who's got the free time to make one?

I remember hero interactive had been working on a sidescroller like that but in the demo they released you couldn't change to gerwalk or battroid modes.

I never understood why they didn't add the ability to transform. I didn't find it any real trouble in my game...

Ummm, DYRL had no powerup system. It was the one and only game where the weaponry is vitually 100% faithful to the actual movie

I wouldn't really mind if it had that sometimes-offered dating aspect to it, as long as it wasn't the central part of the game, but merely a cool side-part to it.

Ummm, DYRL had no powerup system.

I think we are talking about different things. I am talking about the Macross arcade game, which I believe required powerups to transform.

Or maybe I have been hitting the booze too hard... :D

yes it was a good shooter from hero int. but i do think it shouldve had transformation like prime's game that is in production and speaking of which prime, how do u get keyboard controls set for the demo of screaming valkyries?

I have created a new Screaming Valkyries thread and posted the steps to set up the controls for the demo. I don't want to hijack this thread, so you can check it out here.

And questions you have can be posted there :)