John Kerry, Macross Zero, Quote?

evirus

so i was looking at what information wikipedia had on macross zero and i found this

There is also a popular phrase used on the Internet referring to Macross Zero: "Macross Zero-style!" It has appeared in several images, such as being said by John Kerry, and an edited screenshot for shutting down Microsoft Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Zero

anyone know what its talking about?

so i was looking at what information wikipedia had on macross zero and i found this
There is also a popular phrase used on the Internet referring to Macross Zero: "Macross Zero-style!" It has appeared in several images, such as being said by John Kerry, and an edited screenshot for shutting down Microsoft Windows.

390886[/snapback]

Some Macross fan probably had an image of John Kerry with a word bubble coming out of his mouth saying: "Macross Zero-style!" . . . I don't think Kerry actually said it.

H

390886[/snapback]

Some Macross fan probably had an image of John Kerry with a word bubble coming out of his mouth saying: "Macross Zero-style!" . . . I don't think Kerry actually said it.

H

390888[/snapback]

sounds likea lame photoshop job.... hmmm

390886[/snapback]

Big K Black Cherry cola coming out of my nose. :lol::lol:

Then again, I have no idea what Sen. Kerry's talking about. :angry:

390886[/snapback]

Big K Black Cherry cola coming out of my nose. :lol::lol:

Then again, I have no idea what Sen. Kerry's talking about. :angry:

390892[/snapback]

payattention.jpg

Am I so far out of the loop that the whole "Macross Zero-style!" quotes inserted into pictures rampage totally passed me by? Was it supposed to be like the "All your base" type of thing? Google turns up a big load of nothing... I wonder if this was just some sort of wikipedia spoof trivia, I know I've encountered it before.

Maybe a meme from a popular forum?

Maybe related to the joint strike fighter and thrust vectoring.

So someone may have made a joke about turning on a dime, and thrust vectoring "owning the skies" :D

I think the full thing goes something like:

THRUST VECTORING OWNZ THE SKYS TURN ON A DIME MACROSS ZERO STYLE

or

THRUST VECTORING OWNS THE SKY. THIS THING CAN TURN ON A DIME, MACROSS-ZERO STYLE! ...

something like that. Don't know where it came from. Why is john kerry involved? Is it to do with upgrading defense or soemthing?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Keep the politics out please.

As for Graham's question a meme is, to quote Badolza, a "piece of culture" that self-propegates. Something like a song or joke that evolves and spreads like wildfire. Think "All Your Base".

392004[/snapback]

so another word would be cleche? i have bad spelling i know

Not really IMHO. A true meme is that unique cultural something that just keeps going and going and going, spawning new iterations of itself. The only example I can think of that fits perfectly is the "All Your Base" phenomenon. These days people "force" things into becoming a meme it seems. All the guerilla urge that a true meme seems to only happen once in a blue moon.

For something to truly be a all out meme it has to be everywhere, not just on one retarded internet message board... It has to be on ALL the retarded internet message boards. :p