Drawing For A Life Time. 2d, 3d, Etc...

vlenhoff

Shawn & Graham, Moderators, I here by ask for your permision to post my artwork in your website. Not only Macross art will be depicted, but a recollection of some of my best artwork so far. If you feel this may defy the porpuse and idiosyncrasy of these forums, please feel free to delete/lock this thread at any time. I warn you, you may miss some of the best artwork of women I've ever created. :rolleyes:

Starting with my avatar, I made this drawing a couple of years back, and it has been my trusty avatar for years now. That is a fraction of the original drawing I made back then. Now I've decided to remove the outlines, and set it free!

This is to the people I know in this forums and everyone who doesn't mind a sad story, but enjoys good illustrations. Otherwise, you're welcome to pass up this section and go right ahead to the pictures ;P

I'm pouring my heart out here Ladies & Gentlemen, so this is the time to skip ahead if you wish to.

Hi guys, it's been a long time since I have posted any of my material on the web. You guys already now I'm a Macross nut! Yeap, Macross have been one of the greatest inspirations of my life. Thanks Kawamori San! I love you! So I have poured all this inspiration on my art, and it created great succes mostly while I lived in Panama city, Panama. I'm humble enough to say I worked in the number one advertising agency in Panama BB&M(Boyd Barcenas & Marcos) (it's position is determined by how much money the agency makes per year, and there is always a higher goal year after year) Yes, it is like a horse race. But it's an amazing job, and you get to know many celebrities.

I moved to the USA with my wife, so We could finish our studies. In a matter of two years, our extraordinary relationship came to an almost unpredictable end. We broke up and divorced. I even quit my job in "Our" quest for somthing better. Yeap, We actually decided together the fait of that job. I worked for an entertainment magazine called Latinomix, in houston. (never really liked that name). After my divorce I lost my mojo for Art. Everything from Music to Graphic Design, Animation, Illustrations, 3D, Video Editing, Photography, and even Flying airplanes went to HELL(yes, and I did have to go to school for all that stuff)(I'm still paying it all back ;) ) (only Illustrating was always within me). Yeap, I totally lost my passion. So now I work nights as a sleep technician :) It's a very interesting job, and it has made me take better care of my self. You wouldn't believe the nurses you meet, sexy and beautiful(which is like 4% of the hospital's entire population :lol:) . I continue to draw almost everynight :) Pencil baby, you can't live without it!

Now, I feel it's comming back. Almost 4 years after that holocaust called divorce ended, I'm still hurting. I'm a much colder calculating person these days. And I'm not proud of it. My existing relationships are purely material, and calculated. It's all chemical changes in our brain what makes us feel like we're in love. For some reason, I seem to govern those chemical changes in other people. Yes I'm dirty. Now, I don't lie, they know what I want, and so far I have managed to succesfully deliver that excitement they apparently need. That is something that came back to me 2 years after the divorce. I was dead, I could not talk to a woman, I forgot how to...it was a horrible time... 2 years without a woman, I can't explain it... I'm addicted to them :ph34r:

Now, I feel the emotion building up, exiting my chest, and entering my brain. Creating, Moving, Shinning, Burning. Just like a train I feel it comming back towards me. My goal in this new enterprise is going to be finishing all the artwork I left aside. On the bright side it could mean bussines by itself, or in the dark side, it can just be pieces of artwork for my portfolio. Then get another job in the industry. While the last option sounds positive, I would prefer to have something of my own. Something I've built. I owned my own Magazine in part with 4 other associated designersfor one year while I was in Panama. It was called Zipper Magazine (another entertainment Magazine.) Being your own Boss is so hard. So very hard, but not impossible. Specially if you work in the #1 Ad Agency in the whole country for more than 7 years.

To conclude, you guys will be my audience only if you guys and girls decide to become my audience. So this is my promise: Every week I'll show work in progress of my creations. I promise to be fast, and consistant. Every month one painting at the very least will be finished and exhibited on this thread. Please bear in mind, that my work is very detailed, therefore time consuming. As always suggestions and ideas will be taken into consideration. I'll eventually have my own website, and hopefully small animations will be presented for your enjoyment.

I feel a lot of love and passion in this forums. I feel the love again, I feel like you guys need to see this art. I know you guys are evil critics, and that's exactly what artists need to polish some techniques, and also to create new things. I'm very confident about my art, so please don't feel like you're offending my ego.

So put on your seatbelts MacrossWorld, 'cause its ON like DonkeyKong!

Sincerely,

V!C

P.S. Chowser, I'm sorry I have not been in touch with you. As you can see there's baggage that needs to be removed, and it is happening now. I'll be in contact! Thanks for your patience.

Here is the first piece.

This one below is a mechanical pencil art, and I did it by memory! Then I painted it in Photoshop. ALso, I painted every color /version of the VF-1 including the new Stealth! As you can see all the shadows where As you can see the sheet paper was in bad shape, but I love the effect.

Wow, I'm unable to post the pic. Is there a size restriction? Does anybody knows what is it?

post-48-1146286122_thumb.jpg

post-48-1146286204_thumb.jpg

post-48-1146286245_thumb.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

Personally, I would love it if you posted more of your work, but the watermark or whatever it is... Seriously distracting.

391265[/snapback]

I'm working on the water mark. It's too distracting you are right. There will be many, many pictures comming up.

Thanks, and I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

V!C

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice, but your colors feel off.  Max looks more cyan or baby blue than it should and that Milia is definitely an orange as opposed to the red that it should be.

395160[/snapback]

Max ain't so bad, but the Milia s waaay off.

Vlenhoff- While I appluad your work, I think you should move on and discontinue doing recolors of this piece.

My main concern is that your pencil-work is great, yet the "nose" of the VF just seems very tilted from the body and, t me, it looks goofy.

Let's see more. Damnit.

:p

Very nice, but your colors feel off.  Max looks more cyan or baby blue than it should and that Milia is definitely an orange as opposed to the red that it should be.

395160[/snapback]

Vlenhoff- While I appluad your work, I think you should move on and discontinue doing recolors of this piece.

My main concern is that your pencil-work is great, yet the "nose" of the VF just seems very tilted from the body and, t me, it looks goofy.

Let's see more. Damnit.

395165[/snapback]

The idea of this piece is that I wanted to have every color gathered in a Photoshop file. The only thing I have to do is click on the various layers and get my favorite combination valk.

On the line art, I do see the effect of the nose of the valk, and i believe this effect increases since the intake is almost totally dark. Also, as i mentioned earlier this was done by memory at my friends house, so I know the nose might be a little off. At least it looks like that to me too. Since it was a memory drawing I decided to just let it be. That was my mental interpretation of a valk and that gives it some personal value.

On the colors, maybe, I should add more magenta to Max so it's darker. I think I'm poisoned by Yamato's colors, or maybe my monitor needs some caibration. I'll show some results on the colors soon.

Thanks for the commentaries, I'll keep on posting changes and new material. :)

I appreciate the input.

Edited by vlenhoff

395160[/snapback]

Let's see more. Damnit.

395165[/snapback]

The idea of this piece is that I wanted to have every color gathered in a Photoshop file. The only thing I have to do is click on the various layers and get my favorite combination valk.

On the line art, I do see the effect of the nose of the valk, and i believe this effect increases since the intake is almost totally dark. Also, as i mentioned earlier this was done by memory at my friends house, so I know the nose might be a little off. At least it looks like that to me too. Since it was a memory drawing I decided to just let it be. That was my mental interpretation of a valk and that gives it some personal value.

On the colors, maybe, I should add more magenta to Max so it's darker. I think I'm poisoned by Yamato's colors, or maybe my monitor needs some caibration. I'll show some results on the colors soon.

Thanks for the commentaries, I'll keep on posting changes and new material. :)

I appreciate the input.

395183[/snapback]

Well, for one thin, I'm glad you took my constructive criticism for what it is. There are too many people who take offense at it.

keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, man main computer went Kaput! Kaboom! Bidibang! 3 weeks ago

The valk girl was almost finished and now I'm looking into a broken hardrive to see if I can find her :angry:

Does anybody know a good reliable place were I could send my HD to be saved? I've saved a lot, but theres is like 20% missing :angry:

OMG, if I lost her, then.... I guess I'll have to re-do her. Hmmm, do.... her...

• 8 years later...