terry the lone wolf

Ntt Gatchaman Campaign Is Back!

23 posts in this topic

A few years ago, NTT in Japan did a Gatchaman tv campaign that featured two live action commercials and one animated. Well it's back: Gatchaman Download all the comercials and enjoy!

post-356-1144293374_thumb.jpg

post-356-1144293415_thumb.jpg

Man I remememebr Gatchaman/ Battle of the Planets or G-Force. That brung back so much memories of when I used to watch that show on CN when I was 7 years old, but I never saw Eagleriders though. It's funny because they are currently showing it on the Anime Network on digital cable.

Man I remememebr Gatchaman/ Battle of the Planets or G-Force. That brung back so much memories of when I used to watch that show on CN when I was 7 years old, but I never saw Eagleriders though. It's funny because they are currently showing it on the Anime Network on digital cable.

388249[/snapback]

Eagle Riders was a combo of Gatchaman 2 & Gatchaman F(Fighter) that Saban(Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers) leased from Tatsunoko. Only 13 episodes aired in the U.S. and the rest was on in Europe. On the Anime Network, they're airing Gatchaman uncut and unedited(about damn time) from the ADV DVD's. Cool, another MD kid on the board! Whattup Charm City!!!!

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Off topic: Roberto Ferrari(former designer for Namco & Tatsunoko)designed new character profiles of the Gatchaman team.

m_01.jpg

m_02.jpg

m_04.jpg

m_05.jpg

m_06.jpg

my 1st impression of these designs is WTF.

whats with the hat? are you cold? everone else is hot.

these kids living on the streets? no money for clothes?

Is she "walking the streets"? eating-disorder-purple <_<

.......Sometimes I just don't understand you guys..........? :blink:

here's more from Ferrari's site Classic Gatchaman!

s_04.jpg

s_05.jpg

Edited by terry the lone wolf

391881[/snapback]

That's what I'm talkin'bout!

Those redesigns are lame

391881[/snapback]

Doesn't beat Alex Ross art, but still cool.

I gotta agree with Knight26 on this one about the charcter redesigns being lame. Why do they look like street punks that do crack anyways? I don't think it matches their super hero image IMHO and it would be kinda hard to take them seriously as superheros. So I like the original clothing that they had in the original series

I gotta agree with Knight26 on this one about the charcter redesigns being lame. Why do they look like street punks that do crack anyways? I don't think it matches their super hero image IMHO and it would be kinda hard to take them seriously as superheros. So I like the original clothing that they had in the original series

392043[/snapback]

Well, the original street clothes designs didn't radiate "I'm a super hero". They looked like what some people of that age called punks.

Well, the original street clothes designs didn't radiate "I'm a super hero". They looked like what some people of that age called punks.

392159[/snapback]

Not really. I wouldn't classify football jerseys and bell-bottoms as "punk fashion," even by '70s standards.

Edited by areaseven

Their clothes fall into the category known as "urban".

I thought the hip-hopish/skatepunkish look was kinda cool.

It's all the rage, apparently.

Is this suppose to be a sequel to the 90's Gatchman OVA animation that was comprised of three separate OVAs? Those ones I have and they were kinda boring, but these designs on the thread, the costumes look exactly the same but the civilian chracter models have been changed.

No these were not intended to be for a sequel but were posted on Roberto Ferrari's website. He was a member of the Tatsunoko design team and his site includes many Tatsunoko Heroes design works(Gatchaman, Hurricane Polymer, Casshan, etc.). Maybe, these might have been connected with the 90's Gatchaman NTT commercial campaign but I'm not sure.

Here's a link to the animated part:GANIME

Here's some Amano paintings of Gatchaman!

post-356-1151091632_thumb.jpg

post-356-1151091708_thumb.jpg

post-356-1151091805.jpg

post-356-1151091834.jpg

You know, I always forget that Amano was the character designer for Gatchaman!