My house is a 9mm/45/357sig house. I put blue baseplates on all my 9mm Glock mags.

My 5.56 have 30rd mags, my 300blk has Lancer 20rd mags and my 6.5 Grendel has short metal mags. 

My g/f just ordered me an STI Staccato P for my upcoming 45th birthday  

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

At least you can have barrels under 16", so there's that.

Yeah, that's messed up the barrel length thing...but then again, you guys can take ARs and hunt with them.  For us, they are range use only.

I guess we both have some pretty stupid laws.

3 hours ago, Chowser said:

My house is a 9mm/45/357sig house. I put blue baseplates on all my 9mm Glock mags.

My 5.56 have 30rd mags, my 300blk has Lancer 20rd mags and my 6.5 Grendel has short metal mags. 

My g/f just ordered me an STI Staccato P for my upcoming 45th birthday  

Some of my LE friends are using Colt Canada C8s chambered in 5.56 while the ERT guys started using 300blk.  To differentiate for the lowest hanging fruit, they got the 300bllk rifles cerakoted in FDE while the 5.56 rifles all stayed black.  Guess that's one way to do it.

Took a new pic, this time it's clear and I added a few things that weren't there before :)

P6216821.JPG

I forgot all my pistol ammo, as well as a few other rifle rounds (303 British and 30-30), but I'm not going to bother digging them all out and taking another picture, lol!

Some more pics:

P6216826.JPG

Just the ammo, no fantasy stuff:

P6216815.JPG

Edited by peter
3 minutes ago, peter said:

Yeah, that's messed up the barrel length thing...but then again, you guys can take ARs and hunt with them.  For us, they are range use only.

I guess we both have some pretty stupid laws.

I'm in California, we're halfway to using MARS rifles like the Brits. Plus the whole ammunition background check thing starting in 2 weeks.

But I do have a (registered assault-weapon) AR (with a bullet-button) and thanks to freedom week a Magpul D-60 drum magazine for it.

I’m in Cali too and I would love a D-60 for my Daniell Defense..

Thing about the barrel length ,as you may know, AR “pistols” are one way to change it up. Though, from what I understand, those are only allowed to be bought and sold used. No new AR pistols on the market in Cali. I bought mine 3 years ago. 

Was wondering when the ammo background check was gonna take affect. Again, stocked up a while ago. Saving spent brass , but now I need a carousel and press too..

I have my reloading table set up but haven't started yet....have a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old, which hasn't left me with a lot of time to spare....but the little one is getting better now so I might be able to get around to it finally.  I heard it can be pretty therapeutic.

Anyway, I did manage to sneak out to the range today.  I picked up 3,000 rounds of 9mm recent for pretty cheap and decided I better use some of it.

P6156680.JPG

P6156697.JPG

P6156698.JPG

Saw a couple of deer that decided to talk a stroll onto the steel range

P6226829.JPG

Buddy snapped a couple of shots with shell eject:

P6226854.JPG

P6226855.JPG

P6226885.JPG

P6226881.JPG

Edited by peter

I need to make a range visit soon! This year I bought a D60, 40rd PMAGs and a Surefire MAG5-60 but have yet to try them out.

I already own over 40 30rd AR magazines, mostly MAGPUL with some ETS, LANCER and E-Lander as well. So I'm buying higher cap magazines when I see them on sale.

VkHvoK6.jpg

Edited by TangledThorns

Just got a Magpul D60 yesterday. Honestly, I don't think I like it. I can load 2x 30-round mags infinitely quicker than I can that drum, and they are lighter (and fit better into gear) as well. I was disappointed that my Caldwell mag loader will fit but won't feed, but I was figuring that this might be the case. I am seriously contemplating returning it. (Or maybe trading for it.)

18 minutes ago, Axelay said:

Just got a Magpul D60 yesterday. Honestly, I don't think I like it. I can load 2x 30-round mags infinitely quicker than I can that drum, and they are lighter (and fit better into gear) as well. I was disappointed that my Caldwell mag loader will fit but won't feed, but I was figuring that this might be the case. I am seriously contemplating returning it. (Or maybe trading for it.)

I got my D-60 for two reasons:

California doesn't want me to have Drum mags.

The D-60 actually works.

Background checks for ammo purchases.. probably won't be around for very long.

I am not sure how this passes the sniff test on constitutional muster.    Not to mention the fact that you can just drive across state lines and have at it.

I am willing to bet shops start selling lots of ammo to CA residents in short order.  

As for voluntarily registering weapons.. another bad idea.    Can't say I'd comply.

Got to shoot this a few weeks ago.  These are a no-no up here, but this is a buddy's work gun so all good.  Also, it was the Queen's ammo, so mag dumps till the hand guard was too hot to touch.

P5203957.JPG

36 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Background checks for ammo purchases.. probably won't be around for very long.

I am not sure how this passes the sniff test on constitutional muster.    Not to mention the fact that you can just drive across state lines and have at it.

I am willing to bet shops start selling lots of ammo to CA residents in short order.  

As for voluntarily registering weapons.. another bad idea.    Can't say I'd comply.

The ammo background check will look good on paper to those concerned. 

Driving to Nevada is quite easy.

Can’t say voluntary weapon registration ever gonna fly .

1 hour ago, Axelay said:

I was thinking the same after a while. The D-60 sounds awesome but then I thought about how heavy that is , whereas carrying several 30’s distributed on the harness would be easier for me..

I only have 20’s and 10’s..

On 6/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, peter said:

Jealous of those mags.....but up here, they would all be pinned to 5.....

Canada just doesn’t know about the coming zombie apocalypse do they..?:lol:

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I got my D-60 for two reasons:

California doesn't want me to have Drum mags.

The D-60 actually works.

The first reason is why I bought 30 round mags for my Glock 17 in the 90’s.

The second reason , I’m willing to bet, is right on!

Haven't gone shooting in ages. Now that the weather is warm, should definitely make some time for some quality plinking.

Bill C-71 is stressing me out a bit, hopefully the LPC will get kicked out before they do too much damage to the firearms community in Canada.

On 6/26/2019 at 10:27 AM, AN/ALQ128 said:

Haven't gone shooting in ages. Now that the weather is warm, should definitely make some time for some quality plinking.

Bill C-71 is stressing me out a bit, hopefully the LPC will get kicked out before they do too much damage to the firearms community in Canada.

Are you a member of any local ranges?  I'm going up to Abby this Sunday if you want to do some pinking :)

11 hours ago, peter said:

Are you a member of any local ranges?  I'm going up to Abby this Sunday if you want to do some pinking :)

Nope, is Abbotsford a good range? When I do shoot, I usually go to the one in Port Coquitlam, DVC.

Ah, won't be able to take up your offer to meet anyways, gonna be going to visit some family on Vancouver Island.

10 minutes ago, AN/ALQ128 said:

Nope, is Abbotsford a good range? When I do shoot, I usually go to the one in Port Coquitlam, DVC.

Ah, won't be able to take up your offer to meet anyways, gonna be going to visit some family on Vancouver Island.

Abbotsford Fish and Game Club.....awesome range.  I just got a membership there.

I'm also a member of DVC.  We'll have to go shooting sometime :)

On 6/28/2019 at 8:01 PM, AN/ALQ128 said:

It was a great day to be at the range!

P6307084.JPG

P6307107.JPG

P6307108.JPG

I've had the G19x since last August abd only took it out for the first time this weekend.  

Not bad, took some getting used to, but this might be the first Glock I've ever bought, shot and actually keep.  I've had Glocks before, but always ended up selling them before even shooting them.

P6307101.JPG

Jerry Miculek-style mag dumps.....kidding, I can't shooy as fast as Mr. Miculek.

P6307110.JPG

Buddy's Mk18 mod1 clone with LMT 40mm launcher.  Cool piece of kit, expensive as hell, and will be hard to find pills to feed it.

P6307146.JPG

My Colt Canada C8 CANSOFCOM clone.

• 4 weeks later...

**Thread bump**

Nothing exciting to report, just bought a few more mags for my M17

P7027340.JPG

I got three 9mm mags and three 40cal mags (will explain later).  Dug out some of my modelling supplies and gave a few of them a spurt of brown.

P7037341.JPG

Decent match:

P7037343.JPG

So, you guys have probably read my rants about Canada's stupid gun laws, specifically pertaining to mag caps (pistol mags are limited to 10 round caps).

P7087402.JPG

So here is the work around....you can fit 12 rounds of 9mm in a 40cal mag.

P7087539.JPG

I left the 40 cal mags in black so I could tell them apart.

Also picked up 1000 rounds of cheap 7.62 for plinking:

P7047348.JPG

P7087537.JPG

I think I should get another 1k rounds just to fill up my ammo cans....looks depressing half empty.

Kids were in the yard and it was a nice sunny day so I got a few toys for some photos:

Mk18 Mod 1 clone:

P7017266.JPG

P7017274.JPG

P7017281.JPG

Mk18 Mod 0 clone:

P7218377.JPG

P7218381.JPG

P7218383.JPG

P7218385.JPG

P7218400.JPG

P7218388.JPG

36dhhh.jpg

Mk12 Mod 1 clone:

P7198006.JPG

P7198007.JPG

P7198009.JPG

P7198020.JPG

P7198055.JPG

P7198059.JPG

M16A4 clone:

P7198068.JPG

P7198072.JPG

Not a perfect clone....non-Colt lower, and I used a Colt HBAR instead of a regular Gov profile barrel, but you can't tell until you pick up the rifle.

P7198073.JPG

P7198075.JPG

C7A2 clone:

P7198082.JPG

P7198084.JPG

P7198086.JPG

Colt Canada hammer-forged barrel made from the same barrel blanks as our C9 machine guns (same as M249)

P7198091.JPG

P7198092.JPG

P7198094.JPG

P7198093.JPG

P7198090.JPG

032.JPG

Pretty decent copy of the work rifle.  The only thing missing is the fun switch and the markings are a bit off.

P7198097.JPG

Canadian and US service rifles (clones anyway).

Winchester 1894 beater gun:

P7218371.JPG

P7197981.JPG

P7197983.JPG

P7218375.JPG

Got this cheap, it's a bit beat up, but I love that octagon barrel.

That's all the photo-dumping for today :)

My newest contractor I oversee if Milkor. So we get to observe their production batch, live fire testing.  I'm feeling giddy.  I'm a hands on engineer, so yeah.  MUAHAHAHA

16 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

My newest contractor I oversee if Milkor. So we get to observe their production batch, live fire testing.  I'm feeling giddy.  I'm a hands on engineer, so yeah.  MUAHAHAHA

40mm fun :)

Has anyone had any range time with the Zastava M91?   It's basically a Yugo version of the PSL-54C or a long barrelled AK chambered in 54R. 

I have its predecessor the M76, and several other similar style rifles.. PSL, SVD, Super Vepr.. etc. 

The cost of admission is pretty high,  but not much information out there about it.

Edited by Stampeed Valkyrie

Interesting and (sounds) quite specialized @Stampeed Valkyrie

9 hours ago, peter said:

36dhhh.jpg

Lol:D

9 hours ago, peter said:

M16A4 clone:

How heavy is that baby?

9 hours ago, peter said:

Winchester 1894 beater gun:

Of everything (I have enough AR and Glock & H&K goodies) THIS is on my wish list. Takes a beating and keeps on feeding!

9 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Good times!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 11:34 PM, peter said:

Went out with a few pals for some long range plinking this weekend, buddy had his fancy camera out:

IMG-20190817-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20190818-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190818-WA0006.jpg

What is that bolt action in the third pic? Is That a AI? Caliber? 

Edited by sqidd
5 hours ago, sqidd said:

What is that bolt action in the third pic? Is That a AI? Caliber? 

The rifle is a PGW (Prairie Gun Works) LRT-3 chambered in 50bmg.  The chassis is made by Cadex Defence, which helped Remington design their MSR chassis system.

Buddy made a new vid with some of the shots he captured that day:

1 hour ago, peter said:

The rifle is a PGW (Prairie Gun Works) LRT-3 chambered in 50bmg.  The chassis is made by Cadex Defence, which helped Remington design their MSR chassis system.

Buddy made a new vid with some of the shots he captured that day:

Awesome!

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Chowser said:

New guns day. Both 9mm. 
going to be my new daily carry weapons. 

5798CB86-DED8-444C-8651-B59E36F033B5.jpeg

0EF8CC6D-579F-4363-BD88-12E1CB8159BC.jpeg

Very jealous on all counts.....the purchase itself, the normal cap mags (instead of neutered Canadian ones), and conceal carry.