10 hours ago, slide said:

I've witnessed it, but for Blades, not firearms.

That C7 tho... where does one acquire the front-sight Tri-rail mount?

The equipment exchange of Canadian Gun Nutz, though they don't pop up that often.  I think BCM makes a very good replica, but a few years ago some police agency surplussed a bunch of authentic D marked tri rails, the were all bought up and resold on the EE for about $300 each.

It's nuts what people are willing to pay.

12 hours ago, Gaijin said:

My MMC front sight on my S&W 3913  just fell off the slide when I racked it just a few minutes ago.  :lol:  

Pics!!!

Latina GF I had years back got aroused from my knife and sword collection. Practically swooned when I secured my first "real" daito when I practiced kenjutsu (Paul Chen Musashi). Takes all kinds, but it IS fun. 

On 3/12/2017 at 8:03 AM, Sildani said:

Latina GF I had years back got aroused from my knife and sword collection. Practically swooned when I secured my first "real" daito when I practiced kenjutsu (Paul Chen Musashi). Takes all kinds, but it IS fun. 

That's pretty cool.  I've been studying Iaido for the last ten years and female Iaidoka are few and far between, let alone hot ones.  

More females in Kendo.

F'ed around and acquired meself an RAS47, by Century Arms.  Hell, it was an impulse purchase.  Wasn't even what I'd gone in intending to buy--went to look at 1911's--but it was on sale, and at less than the particular pistol I'd been eyeing, so...

If I'd read some of the reviews on it before my purchase, I'd likely have not taken the leap.  Some have raised issues over longevity of some parts--there's a cool 5000-round-test on youtube by some guys from AK Operators Union.  But it's scary accurate right out of the box.  I was able to nail water bottles from 50yds+ away without me glasses--and I'm a bit near-sighted in me old age.  

Yeesh, what was I thinking.  Hell, but these things are (potential) money-eaters, eh?  Worse than alcohol or cigarettes, I'd wager.  You know how fast you can piss through $50 worth o' 7.62x39 with one o' these sumbit**es?  But boy howdie, what fun! 

th?id=OIP.ehyxt7PTL2q8PHpVmUs_ZwEsDh&w=2

17 hours ago, reddsun1 said:

F'ed around and acquired meself an RAS47, by Century Arms.  Hell, it was an impulse purchase.  Wasn't even what I'd gone in intending to buy--went to look at 1911's--but it was on sale, and at less than the particular pistol I'd been eyeing, so...

If I'd read some of the reviews on it before my purchase, I'd likely have not taken the leap.  Some have raised issues over longevity of some parts--there's a cool 5000-round-test on youtube by some guys from AK Operators Union.  But it's scary accurate right out of the box.  I was able to nail water bottles from 50yds+ away without me glasses--and I'm a bit near-sighted in me old age.  

Yeesh, what was I thinking.  Hell, but these things are (potential) money-eaters, eh?  Worse than alcohol or cigarettes, I'd wager.  You know how fast you can piss through $50 worth o' 7.62x39 with one o' these sumbit**es?  But boy howdie, what fun! 

th?id=OIP.ehyxt7PTL2q8PHpVmUs_ZwEsDh&w=2

$1,000 for a deactivated one in Canada.  Enjoy you bastard, lol!

Hehe, I shall try to enjoy it responsibly.  ;)  I'm finding though, that like any other interest or hobby, there's a great deal of potential to get carried away with accessorizing and such...

"...ooh, that Magpul grip and stock would look sweet.  Or mebbe a scope to go on that side rail?  Ooh, or how about one of those drum magazines?"  These things have the potential to obliterate your pocketbook, without firing a shot.  :p

It didn't take very long to figure out that one could treat into some very dangerous legal territory when looking at ways to modify/improve one of these--or AR style rifles, for that matter--things (I'm such a noob to firearms).

While my state's statutes are (almost frighteningly) liberal on the definitions and requirements for "conversions" and ownership of such a firearm, it didn't take a whole lot of google page results to figure out that it's very different on the Federal level.  It's oddly funny--no, scary is more like it--that certain parts like certain-types-of-springs, or an auto-sear are readily available for purchase to fit one of these.  But apparently, if you even think about buying one, it will bring Johnny Law knocking on your door to take you away for a 10-year vacation at Club Fed.  Needless to say, I didn't do much searching on that sort of thing... "oh sh*t, oh sh*t.  Back button!  Back button!  Back button!" 

ed: Okay, I oversimplify.  I should have stated: if you f' around and buy such a part(s) to convert a.) a rifle manufactured after 1986, and b.) if you are not a properly licensed/registered firearms dealer and/or manufacturer, and c.) you can't show that it's for demonstration/training for law enforcement or military personnel--and a few other key factors--then, yes then you would be quite well and fully greased and f'ed. 

Edited by reddsun1

:o

Wow.  Even in the few weeks that I've owned my rifle, I've come across some pretty staggering amounts of information about the possibilities for expanding the capabilities and the firepower of these and similar firearms.  Learned about some pretty amazing--and scary stuff, like: bump stocks for AK's; binary firing systems for AR's...

That good ol' American spirit of ingenuity & invention, and "creative interpretation of the rules" at its best, eh? 

Are those yellow tipped things to the right... mortar rounds?!

Edited by Sildani

yes, big'uns too...

• 2 weeks later...

so when planning out an AR build... what are my restrictions on barrel-length? any?

Where are you located?

generally 16"+ is legal without nfa issues. 

---

just got this done  gun will be presented to my daughter for her fifteenth birthday  

606FDCB4-6BEE-40B5-9DCB-6EF9A663BA79.jpg

7 hours ago, Chowser said:

Where are you located?

No NFA to worry about here in Glorious Canuckistan... but god-knows what other regs I may run afoul of...

On 3/8/2017 at 3:05 PM, peter said:

P1243907.JPG

nope, the above guns are Peter's, and the two on the left look like they have 12" or shorter barrels.

I don't think it matters... but that's why I'm asking the question.

I know that Robinson armaments XCRs and other AR-like [but not scary, scary ARs] need to be that length, or be classified as restricted, but ALL AR-pattern rifles are already treated as such... which as far as I can suss-out, means I'm basically good for any practical Rifle or Carbine-length barrel [I was thinking 12-14" anyway. not going for anything crazy]

Edited by slide
On 4/3/2017 at 11:46 AM, Chowser said:

Where are you located?

---

just got this done  gun will be presented to my daughter for her fifteenth birthday  

606FDCB4-6BEE-40B5-9DCB-6EF9A663BA79.jpg

Nice, she'll be happy with that....I'm up for adoption in case you need to gift any more guns :) 

On 4/3/2017 at 10:51 AM, slide said:

so when planning out an AR build... what are my restrictions on barrel-length? any?

Hey man, there's no restriction on barrel lengths up here, you can have a 7.5" barrel (Not sure if there are any shorter) up to as long as you want.

The thing about ARs is, they are range queens in Canada, meaning you cannot take it out in the woods to plink or hunt with.  It sucks for me because the longest range within reasonable driving distance maxes out at 200m.  

My ARs from left to right are 20", 16", 15.7", 10.5" and 10.3".

Slide, if you're looking for a black rifle that you want to take anywhere, the options are limited for us.  Off the top of my head, Bushmaster ACR with an 18.5" barrel, the Robinson Arms XCR, also with an 18.5" barrel.  NEA is in the middle of making one now, but we're still waiting for the FRT to come back and tell us whether we can have it or not.

My ACR as it is now:

P3064458.JPG

P3064463.JPG

P3064473.JPG

Perfectly legal to take out in the woods to have a little fun, but the minute I slap a 10.5" barrel kit on it, it's instantly classified as restricted and I have to call the CFO to register it.  I know, our laws are fukked up.

Edited by peter

No restrictions, awesome!  I thought 18.5 because I was looking at the Tavor X95 and saw the Canadian version had the 18.5" barrel.

I'm looking for someone to adopt me!  We just got told we won't have healthcare through our retirement plan so I'm looking to get married, get adopted, or work longer.  In that order.

4 hours ago, peter said:

Hey man, there's no restriction on barrel lengths up here, you can have a 7.5" barrel (Not sure if there are any shorter) up to as long as you want.

The thing about ARs is, they are range queens in Canada, meaning you cannot take it out in the woods to plink or hunt with.  It sucks for me because the longest range within reasonable driving distance maxes out at 200m.  

I'm aware of the range-queen status, which sucks, but I want one anyway!:D

it's down the list, but if I'm building one then I can grab parts as I have cash on-hand, which is nice.

Any word on weather we will get the ATRAX [F-90]?

I've always wanted a bullpup, and this AUG version makes me drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool... and if I'm going to spend $3K on a rifle, that'd be her.

2 hours ago, Chowser said:

No restrictions, awesome!  I thought 18.5 because I was looking at the Tavor X95 and saw the Canadian version had the 18.5" barrel.

yea... strange nonsensical laws breed odd loopholes:D

21 hours ago, Chowser said:

I'm looking for someone to adopt me!  We just got told we won't have healthcare through our retirement plan so I'm looking to get married, get adopted, or work longer.  In that order.

Lol, not sure you want to come up here because of two words......suppressors prohibited.  Totally blows goats

On 4/4/2017 at 5:15 PM, Chowser said:

I think that's either about the overall length of the unit, or a way to keep it non-restricted [because shorter guns are more dangerous apparently... tell that to a marksman!:p]

and from the Random Thoughts bin....

I was out in the back yard at me mum 'n dads the other day, and I decided to bide my time by picking up spent shell casings while I kept an eye on my son, as he puttered around learning to ride the old family ATV.

It hit me with a subtle thud: OMG, I am country as fu*k. 

Lord, I'm like a punchline at a Jeff Foxworthy concert or something.  :p

ed: the clerks at the local sporting goods store pretty much recognize me on sight whenever I go in to buy more ammo; they'll usually greet me along the lines of "ain't it [the AK] fun?"  Yes.  Yes it is. 

Edited by reddsun1
  • 2 weeks later...

well, there are two new SKS sitting in my gunsafe... along with what's left of the ammo... 

ones pretty, the other needs some love, but both actions are spotless and smooth.

got the K98 Mauser out to the range as well... $50 for a 20rd box of 8mm........... worth it!

On 05/04/2017 at 11:17 AM, slide said:

Any word on weather we will get the ATRAX [F-90]?

I've always wanted a bullpup, and this AUG version makes me drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool... and if I'm going to spend $3K on a rifle, that'd be her

I took part in the development of that thing (kicked off Magpul's involvement) - you don't want it. Believe me. Even the most recent development (http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/18/idex-2017-thales-new-f90-export-distribution-f90s-caracal/ ), while interesting, has its shortcomings. 

1 hour ago, GMK said:

I took part in the development of that thing (kicked off Magpul's involvement) - you don't want it. Believe me. Even the most recent development (http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/18/idex-2017-thales-new-f90-export-distribution-f90s-caracal/ ), while interesting, has its shortcomings. 

I would enjoy your elaborations on this subject very much...:ph34r: