That's a lot of Gucci!

huh?

I got to shoot the Kriss yesterday. Only had a small box of Golden Saber Hollow Points. Shot at a cooking wok, painted white, hanging in the trees. About 50 yds away behind my buddy's house. This thing is super accurate. Didnt even have to sight in my Eotech. point, squeeze, blamo, target dead. that simple. I didnt even have to try aiming. ususally I would have to hold my breath or try to keep steady. Nope it just kills whatever i point it at.

Apr 22 2010, 08:13 PM by Solscud007

I got to shoot the Kriss yesterday. Only had a small box of Golden Saber Hollow Points. Shot at a cooking wok, painted white, hanging in the trees. About 50 yds away behind my buddy's house. This thing is super accurate. Didnt even have to sight in my Eotech. point, squeeze, blamo, target dead. that simple. I didnt even have to try aiming. ususally I would have to hold my breath or try to keep steady. Nope it just kills whatever i point it at.

Interesting gun, interesting tech. Saw on their site that they are working on a Shotgun. Wonder if they intend to develop a full auto shotgun using this tech?

Edited by Lynx7725

Interesting gun, interesting tech. Saw on their site that they are working on a Shotgun. Wonder if they intend to develop a full auto shotgun using this tech?

What is the address for the Sight?

does anybody have any experience with either of my next two planned purchases? Any insight would be appreciated.

ROMAK-3 - 7.62X54R SEMI-AUTO RIFLE

romak3-1.jpg

or

ROMANIAN AES10-B HEAVY BARREL AK

AES10B.jpg

http://www.classicarms.us/images/aes10bwsc.jpg

I know that I do not want a drum magazine for it but besides that...

items will be purchased from http://www.classicarms.us/ in another few weeks as I raise loot. I also plan on getting two of the TULA M91/30 NAGANT rifles... one hex and one round. Will they need "stripper clips" like my 7mm mauser?

http://www.classicarms.us/firearms.htm

Hello everbody. Just wanted an opinion. The security guards at my job are all getting new weapons and they are allowed to keep their old one which were Ruger SR9 pistols. Not all the guards are keeping their sidearm and I have an opportunity to purchase one. I don't know how many rounds have gone through them, but they have only been fired at the range once a year

Anyone have any thoughts, comments on the Ruger SR9?

Hello everbody. Just wanted an opinion. The security guards at my job are all getting new weapons and they are allowed to keep their old one which were Ruger SR9 pistols. Not all the guards are keeping their sidearm and I have an opportunity to purchase one. I don't know how many rounds have gone through them, but they have only been fired at the range once a year

Anyone have any thoughts, comments on the Ruger SR9?

They are cheap and semi decent. Depends how much you can purchase for and if you can hand pick the choice.

does anybody have any experience with either of my next two planned purchases? Any insight would be appreciated.

ROMAK-3 - 7.62X54R SEMI-AUTO RIFLE

or

ROMANIAN AES10-B HEAVY BARREL AK

I know that I do not want a drum magazine for it but besides that...

items will be purchased from <a href="http://www.classicarms.us/" target="_blank">http://www.classicarms.us/</a> in another few weeks as I raise loot.

Those are both pretty much the same thing. Both based on an RPD action which itself is pretty much a beefed up AK-47. The Romanians make a decent rifle, really can't go wrong. Obviously the big difference is one shoots 7.62x54R and is a Dragunov copy, and the other shoots 7.62x39mm and is basically a AK-47 with a longer barrel and stronger internals. Other than the different ammo and the slight layout change of the ROMAK-3/PSL/Dragunov copy, the receivers are pretty much the same. You really can't go wrong either way. My money, I'd go with the Romak-3 since I've been dying for one for some time now.

Also, if you are considering Mosin Nagants, the Romak-3/PSL shoots the same ammo which is getting somewhat hard to find.

I also plan on getting two of the TULA M91/30 NAGANT rifles... one hex and one round. Will they need "stripper clips" like my 7mm mauser?

<a href="http://www.classicarms.us/firearms.htm" target="_blank">http://www.classicarms.us/firearms.htm</a>

They can be loaded without one, but stripper clips do make them somewhat easier to load. But ultimately you can just open the bolt and push rounds in to the magazine without a stripper clip. Good work on tracking down an octogon, those are getting pretty rare. I :wub: my Mosin Nagants (I have a post-war M44 Carbine and a pre-WWII M91/30).

Solscud007, nice work on the Kriss. I've been eyeing those, but I really want a PS90.

I gotta gloat, my big project Remington M700 is finally 95% done.

876531367_JkRqT-XL-1.jpg

Remington 700 XCR Long Action .300 Win Mag, Timney Trigger, Accuracy International AICS Long Action Version 1 stock, Burris Fullfield II Tactical 4.5-14x42mm scope, GG&G Accucam Quick Detach ring base, Badger Ordinance scope rail, TAB Gear sling. On the way: Butler Creek flip up scope caps. Still need: Accu-Shot Atlas Bipod

It only took a measly 5 years!

How do you like the PS90? Fun to shoot? Accurate? Easy to handle?

How do you like the PS90? Fun to shoot? Accurate? Easy to handle?

Actually I like it very much. I originally zeroed it with the original factory sight, but now I'm gonna have to take it to the range again and zero in the reflex sight as well as the back up iron sights.

This may be a dumb question, but I've been playing MW2 recently. Does the Styr AUG HBAR exist? I'm asking, because that's my favorite weapon in the game.

Yes the AUG HBAR does exit. however, the Gun in MW2 isn't really an HBAR. In single player it's just an AUG A2 with a standard barrel and for some reason the AUG A1's optical sight growing out of the scope rail.

in multi it kind of has the HBAR barrel, but the bi-pod is wrong, I don't think it has the HBAR muzzle break and I've personally never seen an AUG of any kind with a top carry handle like the one in MW2.

Edited by anime52k8

They are cheap and semi decent. Depends how much you can purchase for and if you can hand pick the choice.

I believe he's selling them for $300 with case and two clips. I don't think more than 100 rounds have been through these pistols. They have only been fired once a year for the guards to keep their qualifications up to date.

I believe he's selling them for $300 with case and two clips. I don't think more than 100 rounds have been through these pistols. They have only been fired once a year for the guards to keep their qualifications up to date.

Two mags and a case... Which SR9 is it anyways? Brand new ones range from $399-$450ish if you shop around. If you get to handpick, it might be worth it. If they let you test fire at a range, even better.

Edited by Gaijin

Also, if you are considering Mosin Nagants, the Romak-3/PSL shoots the same ammo which is getting somewhat hard to find.

I thought I had a good site but looks like you are right. All they have now is incendiary at the moment. lots of other good stuff but.. It doesn't matter how nice a gun you have if you can't get ammoo for it :(

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&keywords=762x54

I'm still gonna snag a romak3 though. Ammo can be found but it is corrosive, which I would feel fine shooting from a m91 but not from the rom. If anybody comes across non-corrosive 762x54 give a shout. I can only hope the above site restocks at some point. Not that the incendiary don't look like lots of fun but my budget doesn't allow.

anybody got tips on a good cheap 308? I've got seven silver bullets [don't ask], but I don't have a gun that will shoot them. Me+hammer+silver bullets=pissed off werewolf :blink:

edit in rather than add a post...

Anybody know anything about the hi-point 9mm carbine. Anything I should be aware of before playing with it? If a carbine is a rifle that shoots pistol rounds, what is my walther p22 pistol that shoots rifle rounds?

Edited by kanata67

I'm still gonna snag a romak3 though. Ammo can be found but it is corrosive, which I would feel fine shooting from a m91 but not from the rom. If anybody comes across non-corrosive 762x54 give a shout. I can only hope the above site restocks at some point. Not that the incendiary don't look like lots of fun but my budget doesn't allow.

You won't go wrong with the PSL. I have one (older one with a Cugir reciever) and I love mine, even down to the 4x POSP scope. Shooting surplus is no big deal at all out of a PSL. Its just an oversized RPK action, so just run a little soapy water down the barrel and the gas tube before you clean it that night to nuetralize the corrosive salts and you are good to go. You can still find tins of 7.62x54 at Aimsurplus, Classicarms, or J&G Sales to name but a few for around $80-90 for 440 rounds.

You may be aware of this, altough many in the US call it a sniper rifle, its actually a designated marksman rifle. Its not held to tight sniper standards and consequently the vast majority of PSL's will shoot anywhere from 2-4 moa.. Good enough for longer range hits on man sized targets, just don't expect tiny little groups and you won't be dissapointed.

Edited by joke-machine

So our Dept. had our AR-15 class a couple weeks ago. No optics allowed, so I sold my Eotech, and am going with the LMT Tactical Rear like on the SEALS MK18. Since I'm going to have to use irons as primary, I didn't want folding sights, and I don't want to use the carry handle either. My Magpul BUIS set was ok, but I wanted a good set of fixed irons.

I'm also looking for a better sling attachment for the front. I had the Magpul ASAP and MS2 sling but I don't really care for it so that's gonna change. For the class I ran just a plain jane GI sling and I preferred it. But I do want to find a way to attach the front either left or right since I can shoot from either side( although this is where a single point sling would be great, I just didn't like how it sat). Might look into a new two point sling as well.

Real like imitates fiction? :huh:

http://www.max-11.com/TopSecret.html :ph34r:

Anybody wanna buy this, if it was for sale? :D

Why would you use an M-11, it's supposed to be an M1A1 Thompson.

Why would you use an M-11, it's supposed to be an M1A1 Thompson.

hehe, neat. Maybe more to do with parts cost/accessibility? Is the Thompson (or replicas rather) produced any more?

Edited by reddsun1

hehe, neat. Maybe more to do with parts cost/accessibility? Is the Thompson (or replicas rather) produced any more?

New semi-auto thompsons are still being produced (by the original manufacturer) and sell for $1,000~$2,000.

Here are my two projects-

Colt 1911 XSE and a LMT STD 16" carbine with a few mods (if anyone cares feel free to ask and I will list what was done/changed out)

post-8467-0-44204900-1304405951_thumb.jpg

post-8467-0-72329900-1304405961_thumb.jpg

Edited by hobbes221

Here are my two projects-

Colt 1911 XSE and a LMT STD 16" carbine with a few mods (if anyone cares feel free to ask and I will list what was done/changed out)

Nice 1911. ;)

Finally get to pick up my Springfield Armory XDon Thursday of this week!! Can't wait to get it! It'll be my first ever purchased firearm and I can't wait to take it out and pump some rounds through it.

They shipped it to you loaded? That sounds dangerous... :unsure:

Lol. No, Loaded is one of SA's line of guns. Loaded as in loaded with features.

Lol. No, Loaded is one of SA's line of guns. Loaded as in loaded with features.

Maybe because it was because I was so tired this morning, but I thought the sarcasm in my post was obvious :D

The elegance of a sword combined with the accuracy of a gun...

Triple Sword!!!

Edited by Einherjar

The elegance of a sword combined with the accuracy of a gun...

Triple Sword!!!

lol It could be worst though... like a shoulder-fired rail launcher which fires attack beavers with adamantium skeletons... or lemon-nades. :p

Edited by Alexander Del Sua

OMG! I always thought this was just some Call of Duty video-game-mod bullsh*t... :o

81752272.gif

OMG! I always thought this was just some Call of Duty video-game-mod bullsh*t... :o

81752272.gif

Yeah, it's called Dragon's Breath and it's banned in most states due to inherent factor of stupidity around dry places.

IE.

"Good job, f***tard, you burned down California AGAIN!" XD

Edited by Alexander Del Sua

Bumping up the good old weapons thread. As I was showing good guy Graham over at Facebook, here is what me and my buddy brought to the range. We had another table with pistols and a couple of AK's, but I didn't snap a pic of it. God I love the 2nd Amendment...

guns-n-stuff.jpg

Edited by Noriko Takaya