Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

There's already a Replacement for the M9 in the works. It's the XM17, basically a Sig P320. Considering that the P320 can be configured for multiple calibers, and the fact that it's lighter and more appropriately sized for a service sidearm, I think it will be better than the old M9. It's also a SIG design, so that's a plus.

Lol, I think he's referring to our WWII era Browning Hi Powers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, peter said:

Lol, I think he's referring to our WWII era Browning Hi Powers :)

Honestly, I think that the Glock 17 or 19 would be a great replacement. Considering that hammer fired TDA isn't required to be a good service sidearm. Glocks have been used by many special operations forces with much success. Granted that's got more to do with budget than it does with how good the Glock is. I do admit that I am a fan of the Glock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

My KRISS Vector 9mm is ready for the range tomorrow! The SBR is pure sex with the Osprey suppressor installed on it.

 

 

E5znSteg.jpg

 

sZEX8Gig.jpg

So awesome man.  Dumb question from a Canuck, but what are the rules on the fun switch?  Is it something you can buy with a tax stamp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peter said:

So awesome man.  Dumb question from a Canuck, but what are the rules on the fun switch?  Is it something you can buy with a tax stamp?

Mine doesn't have a fun switch. From what I understand you can buy automatic guns or related parts if they were made before the automatic gun ban  of 1986. You'd still have to go through the NFA background check which could take up to a year. There may be guns that are post the 1986 ban on the market but I think they're manufacturer samples. All very very expensive.

Edited by TangledThorns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, peter said:

So awesome man.  Dumb question from a Canuck, but what are the rules on the fun switch?  Is it something you can buy with a tax stamp?

First, agreed that thing looks awesome. How popular is the Vector? I never found it particularly appealing, but seeing it in the real world like that makes it look much better...

Second, more or less what TangledThorns said. I believe there are limitations on where you can take them, too (ie they can't leave your house or something). It goes without saying that they're ridiculously expensive on top of all the regular hoops you have to jump through for a firearm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, fun switch guns that can be had are 5+ digit costs.  As an agency, I used to be able to get a select-fire HK MP5 for just over $3k.  The ones that were transferable were well above that.  Thankfully, I can get my giggle-switch fun at work and get it out of my system before I retire.

 

Which brand mags does the 9mm Vector take?  I have a KRISS 28round .45acp mag for my Glock 21.  It works great.

 

Picked this up recently for a refinish job.  It's the first gun I ever held (I was only 14).  An older Sig P228.  It's a beater gun, but since I bought it as a refinish candidate, that's ok.

IMG_20171013_185007.jpg

 

I'm taking a break for awhile, spent too much on lightsabers and guns this year.  I need to concentrate on my next car.

With that said, I still have two CZ P10C Suppressor Ready guns that I ordered in December which haven't been made by CZ yet and by the end of November, I will finish building my next rifle upper.  I decided on 6.5 Grendel.  I already bought ammo, mags, suppressor mount, adjustable gas block, and stickers for the ammo can.  Just trying to decide what barrel length to get.  I will be using one of my SBR'd AR-15 lowers.  Trying to decide between 10.5 and 12.5 for the Grendel.

 

Edited by Chowser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chowser said:

Which brand mags does the 9mm Vector take?  I have a KRISS 28round .45acp mag for my Glock 21.  It works great.

 

 

The 9mm Vector comes with a Glock 17 mag and will work with anything longer such as a G18 33rd magazine for example, which I own a lot of too :) I looked into buying a drum magazine but they're too expensive for what you get so I just use a Hera Glock magazine coupler instead. I have a similar Magpul coupler for my AR15 magazines too.

 

gfqmombg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Chowser said:

 

 

I'm taking a break for awhile, spent too much on lightsabers and guns this year. 

Lightsabers???? Color me interested!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, derex3592 said:
20 hours ago, Chowser said:

I'm taking a break for awhile, spent too much on lightsabers and guns this year. 

Lightsabers???? Color me interested!! 

Heck yeah! I have way too many "Toys". Sadly I have more Airsoft guns than real ones (and unlike real guns they have almost no resale value). Add to that a lightsaber and God knows how many practice swords. 

But @derex3592, if you're interested in a lightsaber you should check out ultrasabers. I have one and tit's great. I didn't go all out and get the sound package so I could save money, but it's easy enough to add that in if you know how to solder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My three mags for the 6.5 came in.  Two 25 round and one 15 round.  I took a long hiatus from other stuff but this year I got another katana in and three Vader's Vault lightsabers.  A Hero (Luke ep6) and two of their combat class ones.  I also have a Korbanth made ObiWan being setup as an ep2 saber and an Ultimate Works ObiWan ep1 on the way.  I also preordered Korbanth's 2017 sabers, a Luke Ep6, Kylo and Sidious.  

I will post pics later if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my KRISS Vector and Glock 19 with the Osprey suppressor to the range today, shot about 150 rounds. The KRISS performed great, very fun to shoot.  Had an issue with my Osprey though. Today was the second time I took it to the range since I got it late 2014 and noticed the cam lever was loose. Went online and it seemed somewhat common in the threads I found dated 2014. I called Silencerco and they will RMA it, :) very nice people.

 

Edited by TangledThorns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spike's Tactical "Snowflake" stripped lower. Just got it today. Looking at building a .300 Blackout rifle with flat dark earth furniture.

DSC00892.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2017 at 11:22 AM, Valkyrie Driver said:

Heck yeah! I have way too many "Toys". Sadly I have more Airsoft guns than real ones (and unlike real guns they have almost no resale value). Add to that a lightsaber and God knows how many practice swords. 

But @derex3592, if you're interested in a lightsaber you should check out ultrasabers. I have one and tit's great. I didn't go all out and get the sound package so I could save money, but it's easy enough to add that in if you know how to solder. 

Lightsabers, katana, firearms....I think if all of us got together in person, we would get along nicely.

Edited by peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/10/2017 at 6:05 PM, Noriko Takaya said:

Spike's Tactical "Snowflake" stripped lower. Just got it today. Looking at building a .300 Blackout rifle with flat dark earth furniture.

DSC00892.JPG

That's awesome, haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2017 at 2:48 PM, Chowser said:

Yeah, fun switch guns that can be had are 5+ digit costs.  As an agency, I used to be able to get a select-fire HK MP5 for just over $3k.  The ones that were transferable were well above that.  Thankfully, I can get my giggle-switch fun at work and get it out of my system before I retire.

 

Which brand mags does the 9mm Vector take?  I have a KRISS 28round .45acp mag for my Glock 21.  It works great.

 

Picked this up recently for a refinish job.  It's the first gun I ever held (I was only 14).  An older Sig P228.  It's a beater gun, but since I bought it as a refinish candidate, that's ok.

IMG_20171013_185007.jpg

 

I'm taking a break for awhile, spent too much on lightsabers and guns this year.  I need to concentrate on my next car.

With that said, I still have two CZ P10C Suppressor Ready guns that I ordered in December which haven't been made by CZ yet and by the end of November, I will finish building my next rifle upper.  I decided on 6.5 Grendel.  I already bought ammo, mags, suppressor mount, adjustable gas block, and stickers for the ammo can.  Just trying to decide what barrel length to get.  I will be using one of my SBR'd AR-15 lowers.  Trying to decide between 10.5 and 12.5 for the Grendel.

 

Had an exercise this weekend and due to  some poor management of the ex (I was massively sleep deprived), I had zero fuks left to give and went all war criminal on some POWs. 

One of them lit a fuse and claimed it was a smoke, but it turned out it was actually pyro so I hosed down the lot on auto lol!  (blanks, no real terrorists died in this ex). 

 

I don't often go to auto, but I'll admit, once in a while, it's fun, especially when you just don't give two $hits anymore and you're not paying for ammo. Hahahaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My finished lower for my new AR-15. All I have left to do is wait for the upper. I'm going to go with a Stag Arms upper in .300 Blackout. What I used to assemble it is below.

Spike's Tactical "SNOWFLAKE" stripped lower receiver
VLTOR A5 stock kit
Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 pistol grip
Stag Arms lower receiver parts kit
KNS non-rotational pins

IMG_0009.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!  I've got an itch to build another lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 3:48 AM, peter said:

Nice!  I've got an itch to build another lower.

I've got a lower just collecting dust and only has the trigger group installed. It was bought during the great panic of 2013. If I'm going to put money into another gun it'll be a SBR, either a Desert Tech MDR or IWI X95. Won't be for a year or so because we have another baby expected  next month and I almost caused my wife to cry when I jokingly said I bought another gun, doh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm building a pistol lower to move my short 22lr upper over to so I can reuse the lower since it's SBR'd already.  

 

Try the X95 before you buy.  It's great and all but I primarily shoot my rifles suppressed and the X95 is just too gassy.  I rarely use it anymore. 

 

I'm building a 12.5" 6.5 Grendel upper.  I already bought ammo, mags and an adjustable gas block for it.  I'm going to use my AAC 762SDN6 suppressor on it.  I ordered a Dead Air Sandman-K to use on my 300blk sbr. It should make it a little shorter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I've got a lower just collecting dust and only has the trigger group installed. It was bought during the great panic of 2013. If I'm going to put money into another gun it'll be a SBR, either a Desert Tech MDR or IWI X95. Won't be for a year or so because we have another baby expected  next month and I almost caused my wife to cry when I jokingly said I bought another gun, doh!

Congrats on the new kid!  My kid was born with an AR in his hands:

PC101104.JPG

His first chew toy was a pmag:

DSC_0465.JPG

When he turned two, he went straight to 50bmg:

2ii9x1e.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, peter said:

Congrats on the new kid!  My kid was born with an AR in his hands:

His first chew toy was a pmag:

 

When he turned two, he went straight to 50bmg:

 

 

 

 

CUTE! My wife would so not be OK with that, lol! We hadn't bought a toy gun for my three old girl yet, may do that for her birthday next year. She did have a plastic sword but was a little too aggressive with it so we had to take it away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

 

CUTE! My wife would so not be OK with that, lol! We hadn't bought a toy gun for my three old girl yet, may do that for her birthday next year. She did have a plastic sword but was a little too aggressive with it so we had to take it away.

Lol, those pics were just staged to piss off liberal soccer moms.  All kidding aside though, I think I’ll probably wait until he’s a bit older before formally introducing him to firearms.  I’ll probably start with materials from the firearms safety course that I had to take before I got my license. 

I am a firm believer of this though:

igcbm.jpg

 

Edited by peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peter said:

Lol, those pics were just staged to piss off liberal soccer moms.  All kidding aside though, I think I’ll probably wait until he’s a bit older before formally introducing him to firearms.  I’ll probably start with materials from the firearms safety course that I had to take before I got my license. 

I am a firm believer of this though:

igcbm.jpg

 

Absolutely. When I have children, I'm going to make sure that once they are old enough to understand, I will introduce them to firearms safety. Once they're 10, they will learn how to use them, and by the time they're 15 they'll be bonafide gunfighters. I intend for my children to grow up to be warriors, regardless of what they chose to do, they'll always be warriors. 

That's what our societies need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I got it into my head to flat top that 20" build and eventually, that idea started to fester and I ended up doing just that:

 

PB142743.JPG

 

 

PB142744.JPG

 

 

I won't have $$ to buy another C79 for a while, so I threw a carry handle on it for now.  Also threw on a set of KAC M5 RAS on there.  It's not really a C7 or an M16A4 clone, but I sort of like it.

 

PB142749.JPG

 

 

 

PB142751.JPG

 

 

PB142752.JPG

 

 

PB142753.JPG

 

 

PB142755.JPG

 

 

The flat top came from a Colt Expanse upper from my spare parts box....ended up throwing the barrel onto the Olympic Arms A2 upper:

 

PB142745.JPG

 

 Not sure what this is supposed to be either....

 

PB142741.JPG

 

 

 

PB142742.JPG

 

 

I'll need a permanent lower for that 16" upper (borrowing it from my Mk18 clone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More old school stuff....finally got the coveted 20 round magazine that seems to be nearly impossible to source here in Kanadastan.

 

PB252757.JPG

 

PB252771.JPG

 

PB252769.JPG

 

Just one more piece of the puzzle to my Mk12 Mod 1 build.  Now I need a proper Mark 4 and an 18" Douglas barrel

PB252763.JPG

PB252765.JPG

 

PB252764.JPG

PB252766.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also picked up a neat little accessory for my fixed carry handle upper:

PC032805.JPG

PC032806.JPG

 

PC032807.JPG

Not exactly an original Colt USA part, but it appears to be a 3rd gen, made in Japan.  

PC032808.JPG

PC032809.JPG

 

PC032810.JPG

 

PC032812.JPG

 

Not exactly the best image to demonstrate the clarity of the glass, but it is pretty damn nice.  Just a simple duplex reticle.

 

PC032814.JPG

 

PC032815.JPG

 

PC032817.JPG

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested out my Surefire training suppressor:

PB252772.JPG

 

PB252773.JPG

 

PB252774.JPG

 

PB252776.JPG

 

PB252780.JPG

 

The Surefire 4 prong is an excellent flash suppressor and it reduced the flash to a dot.  Once I threw on the fake can though, it enhanced the flame, but at least it threw it forward.  With the fake can on, the recoil was completely linear but completely manageable.  

 

Really kicks the crap out of the flash hider though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, beautiful pictures Peter!

 

 

Built a 6.5 Grendel upper for fun.  So far so good.  Can't really test distance until it warms up and I can take it outdoors but indoors it's fine.  A little loud, even suppressed.

12" Faxon barrel and bolt and a Superlative Arms bleeder/adjustable gas block.

IMG_4559.jpg

Edited by Chowser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, anybody here have any experience with a Bushmaster ACR? I know it's got a stigma attached to it, but yet I am still fascinated by it and am considering purchasing one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chowser said:

Wow, beautiful pictures Peter!

 

 

Built a 6.5 Grendel upper for fun.  So far so good.  Can't really test distance until it warms up and I can take it outdoors but indoors it's fine.  A little loud, even suppressed.

12" Faxon barrel and bolt and a Superlative Arms bleeder/adjustable gas block.

IMG_4559.jpg

I don't have much experience with the 6.5 Grendel, but I've got a 6.5CM that is absolutely outstanding.  I was able to get rounds on steel with relative ease up to 860m, had to work a bit for 1,190m, but I'm not a very good shot so someone more skilled shouldn't have too much trouble.

Would be fun to see how it shoots suppressed, but sadly our government thinks suppressors are evil, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Axelay said:

Out of curiosity, anybody here have any experience with a Bushmaster ACR? I know it's got a stigma attached to it, but yet I am still fascinated by it and am considering purchasing one.

Did someone say ACR?  I love mine, but don't shoot it enough.  I haven't really read up on it's deficiencies, but from my personal observations, here are my gripes:

The ACR is somewhat modular, but getting parts from Bushmaster and aftermarket support is s a complete pain in the dick.

I'm not sure how long ACR owners have been waiting for barrel kits from Bushmaster, but when they finally released them, they cost your left nut and they were in short supply.  Despite the high prices, they sold out quick and they are once again unobtainium.

I personally like the Magpul grip, but it would be nice to have the ability to switch grips if one were so inclined.  Remington makes a magnesium lower, along with a really sweet hand guard, but those too  are fairly unobtainable.  I'm not sure who's dick had to be sucked, but I know some of these have managed to get into private hands.  I hate the factory cheese-grater hand guard and prefer the factory polymer one, but surprisingly, the factory polymer hand guard is harder to get, and will sometimes demand a very high price in the EEs compared to the cheese graters.

My ACR, when naked (just the rifle, no accessories), is heavier than any of my ARs with comparable length barrels.  I'm not sure what the MSRP is stateside, but it's retarded up here in Kanadastan.  The "restricted" version (range only) will cost about $3,000 Canadian pesos, brand new.  The "non restricted" DMR version will cost about $3,400.

The only reason I got one was because a retailer had an unfired but previously enjoyed one on their rack and they had a crazy sale on all Bushmasters in stock.  The sale applied to new and used items, so I ended up paying $1,300 tax in for an essentially brand new ACR. 

Despite all the crappy things I've listed, I still like it.  It's a good looking rifle in all barrel length configurations.  I still prefer ARs, but in my opinion, I prefer the ACR over the FN SCAR appearance-wise (FN SCARS are outright prohibited in Canada, so I can't compare performance). 

With the longer barrel, it's fairly accurate and easy to get on target.  Precision wise, the best I was able to get out of it was a 1.6" group at 100m with 69gr SMKs.  This was a year and a half ago, and I haven't shot groups with it since, but I think it is definitely capable of better groups.  At the time, I was using a 2moa red dot that basically covered the entire target on my Midwayusa rifle target sheet.  With better magnification, I'm sure I could do better.

Anyway, mine with the factory 16" barrel:

PB171317.JPG

Because of our retarded firearms laws, I can't take it outside of a range in this configuration.  I had to order an 18.5" barrel for it so I could take it into the woods or hunt with it.  I also have a 10.5" barrel kit for it, but I've never mounted it and if I did, it would render my ACR a range only toy.

Here it is with the longer barrel:

P8070840.JPG

 

P8070850.JPG

With the longer barrel, I was able to hit steel at 480m easily.  Will have to try and reach out further when the weather gets warmer.  Yeah, I know, I'm a Snow Mexican, but I actually hate the cold, lol!

 

Edited by peter
Added more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, peter. That is a super sharp looking ACR. There's just something about the aesthetics of it which still appeal to me. I am a casual (mostly handgun) shooter and I have no real need for something as advanced as an ACR, but I have been interested in it for a while now. I'm not sure how much sense it would make to get something like this as my first 5.56...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Axelay said:

Wow, peter. That is a super sharp looking ACR. There's just something about the aesthetics of it which still appeal to me. I am a casual (mostly handgun) shooter and I have no real need for something as advanced as an ACR, but I have been interested in it for a while now. I'm not sure how much sense it would make to get something like this as my first 5.56...

If you can find one cheap, I say go for it.  The factory barrels from Bushmaster are actually quite good, and I heard they are cold hammer forged.

 

 

Edited by peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a kind of "bucket list" thing over this holiday - I bought a used "project gun" AR-15 so that I could work with my dad on getting it completely cleaned up and ready to go plinking. For a whopping $375, I feel like I did pretty well. Upper and lower are Palmetto State Armory, and it came with black Magpul MOE furniture. I don't know how the previous owner stored this rifle, but it definitely needs some TLC. The internals are in fantastic shape, but the externals are way below my weapon cleanliness standards. (Which is somewhat silly since everything else I have is a handgun.) It's got some small nicks as well, which are already driving me nuts. Any recommendations for very minor aluminum retouching? I've read all about the "tactical Sharpie" (LOL), but I think I may get one of those Birchwood Casey Aluminum blue touch-up pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×