1 hour ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

There's already a Replacement for the M9 in the works. It's the XM17, basically a Sig P320. Considering that the P320 can be configured for multiple calibers, and the fact that it's lighter and more appropriately sized for a service sidearm, I think it will be better than the old M9. It's also a SIG design, so that's a plus.

Lol, I think he's referring to our WWII era Browning Hi Powers :)

15 hours ago, peter said:

Lol, I think he's referring to our WWII era Browning Hi Powers :)

Honestly, I think that the Glock 17 or 19 would be a great replacement. Considering that hammer fired TDA isn't required to be a good service sidearm. Glocks have been used by many special operations forces with much success. Granted that's got more to do with budget than it does with how good the Glock is. I do admit that I am a fan of the Glock. 

29 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

My KRISS Vector 9mm is ready for the range tomorrow! The SBR is pure sex with the Osprey suppressor installed on it.

E5znSteg.jpg

sZEX8Gig.jpg

So awesome man.  Dumb question from a Canuck, but what are the rules on the fun switch?  Is it something you can buy with a tax stamp?

1 hour ago, peter said:

So awesome man.  Dumb question from a Canuck, but what are the rules on the fun switch?  Is it something you can buy with a tax stamp?

Mine doesn't have a fun switch. From what I understand you can buy automatic guns or related parts if they were made before the automatic gun ban  of 1986. You'd still have to go through the NFA background check which could take up to a year. There may be guns that are post the 1986 ban on the market but I think they're manufacturer samples. All very very expensive.

Edited by TangledThorns

8 minutes ago, peter said:

First, agreed that thing looks awesome. How popular is the Vector? I never found it particularly appealing, but seeing it in the real world like that makes it look much better...

Second, more or less what TangledThorns said. I believe there are limitations on where you can take them, too (ie they can't leave your house or something). It goes without saying that they're ridiculously expensive on top of all the regular hoops you have to jump through for a firearm.

Yeah, fun switch guns that can be had are 5+ digit costs.  As an agency, I used to be able to get a select-fire HK MP5 for just over $3k.  The ones that were transferable were well above that.  Thankfully, I can get my giggle-switch fun at work and get it out of my system before I retire.

Which brand mags does the 9mm Vector take?  I have a KRISS 28round .45acp mag for my Glock 21.  It works great.

Picked this up recently for a refinish job.  It's the first gun I ever held (I was only 14).  An older Sig P228.  It's a beater gun, but since I bought it as a refinish candidate, that's ok.

IMG_20171013_185007.jpg

I'm taking a break for awhile, spent too much on lightsabers and guns this year.  I need to concentrate on my next car.

With that said, I still have two CZ P10C Suppressor Ready guns that I ordered in December which haven't been made by CZ yet and by the end of November, I will finish building my next rifle upper.  I decided on 6.5 Grendel.  I already bought ammo, mags, suppressor mount, adjustable gas block, and stickers for the ammo can.  Just trying to decide what barrel length to get.  I will be using one of my SBR'd AR-15 lowers.  Trying to decide between 10.5 and 12.5 for the Grendel.

Edited by Chowser

6 minutes ago, Chowser said:

Which brand mags does the 9mm Vector take?  I have a KRISS 28round .45acp mag for my Glock 21.  It works great.

The 9mm Vector comes with a Glock 17 mag and will work with anything longer such as a G18 33rd magazine for example, which I own a lot of too :) I looked into buying a drum magazine but they're too expensive for what you get so I just use a Hera Glock magazine coupler instead. I have a similar Magpul coupler for my AR15 magazines too.

gfqmombg.jpg

19 hours ago, Chowser said:

I'm taking a break for awhile, spent too much on lightsabers and guns this year. 

Lightsabers???? Color me interested!! 

24 minutes ago, derex3592 said:
20 hours ago, Chowser said:

I'm taking a break for awhile, spent too much on lightsabers and guns this year. 

Lightsabers???? Color me interested!! 

Heck yeah! I have way too many "Toys". Sadly I have more Airsoft guns than real ones (and unlike real guns they have almost no resale value). Add to that a lightsaber and God knows how many practice swords. 

But @derex3592, if you're interested in a lightsaber you should check out ultrasabers. I have one and tit's great. I didn't go all out and get the sound package so I could save money, but it's easy enough to add that in if you know how to solder. 

My three mags for the 6.5 came in.  Two 25 round and one 15 round.  I took a long hiatus from other stuff but this year I got another katana in and three Vader's Vault lightsabers.  A Hero (Luke ep6) and two of their combat class ones.  I also have a Korbanth made ObiWan being setup as an ep2 saber and an Ultimate Works ObiWan ep1 on the way.  I also preordered Korbanth's 2017 sabers, a Luke Ep6, Kylo and Sidious.  

I will post pics later if you want.

Took my KRISS Vector and Glock 19 with the Osprey suppressor to the range today, shot about 150 rounds. The KRISS performed great, very fun to shoot.  Had an issue with my Osprey though. Today was the second time I took it to the range since I got it late 2014 and noticed the cam lever was loose. Went online and it seemed somewhat common in the threads I found dated 2014. I called Silencerco and they will RMA it, :) very nice people.

Edited by TangledThorns

Spike's Tactical "Snowflake" stripped lower. Just got it today. Looking at building a .300 Blackout rifle with flat dark earth furniture.

DSC00892.JPG

On 27/10/2017 at 11:22 AM, Valkyrie Driver said:

Heck yeah! I have way too many "Toys". Sadly I have more Airsoft guns than real ones (and unlike real guns they have almost no resale value). Add to that a lightsaber and God knows how many practice swords. 

But @derex3592, if you're interested in a lightsaber you should check out ultrasabers. I have one and tit's great. I didn't go all out and get the sound package so I could save money, but it's easy enough to add that in if you know how to solder. 

Lightsabers, katana, firearms....I think if all of us got together in person, we would get along nicely.

Edited by peter

On 28/10/2017 at 6:05 PM, Noriko Takaya said:

Spike's Tactical "Snowflake" stripped lower. Just got it today. Looking at building a .300 Blackout rifle with flat dark earth furniture.

DSC00892.JPG

That's awesome, haha!

On 26/10/2017 at 2:48 PM, Chowser said:

Yeah, fun switch guns that can be had are 5+ digit costs.  As an agency, I used to be able to get a select-fire HK MP5 for just over $3k.  The ones that were transferable were well above that.  Thankfully, I can get my giggle-switch fun at work and get it out of my system before I retire.

Picked this up recently for a refinish job.  It's the first gun I ever held (I was only 14).  An older Sig P228.  It's a beater gun, but since I bought it as a refinish candidate, that's ok.

IMG_20171013_185007.jpg

I'm taking a break for awhile, spent too much on lightsabers and guns this year.  I need to concentrate on my next car.

With that said, I still have two CZ P10C Suppressor Ready guns that I ordered in December which haven't been made by CZ yet and by the end of November, I will finish building my next rifle upper.  I decided on 6.5 Grendel.  I already bought ammo, mags, suppressor mount, adjustable gas block, and stickers for the ammo can.  Just trying to decide what barrel length to get.  I will be using one of my SBR'd AR-15 lowers.  Trying to decide between 10.5 and 12.5 for the Grendel.

Had an exercise this weekend and due to  some poor management of the ex (I was massively sleep deprived), I had zero fuks left to give and went all war criminal on some POWs. 

One of them lit a fuse and claimed it was a smoke, but it turned out it was actually pyro so I hosed down the lot on auto lol!  (blanks, no real terrorists died in this ex). 

I don't often go to auto, but I'll admit, once in a while, it's fun, especially when you just don't give two $hits anymore and you're not paying for ammo. Hahahaha!

My finished lower for my new AR-15. All I have left to do is wait for the upper. I'm going to go with a Stag Arms upper in .300 Blackout. What I used to assemble it is below.

Spike's Tactical "SNOWFLAKE" stripped lower receiver
VLTOR A5 stock kit
Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 pistol grip
Stag Arms lower receiver parts kit
KNS non-rotational pins

IMG_0009.JPG

• Like 1

Nice!  I've got an itch to build another lower.

On 11/4/2017 at 3:48 AM, peter said:

Nice!  I've got an itch to build another lower.

I've got a lower just collecting dust and only has the trigger group installed. It was bought during the great panic of 2013. If I'm going to put money into another gun it'll be a SBR, either a Desert Tech MDR or IWI X95. Won't be for a year or so because we have another baby expected  next month and I almost caused my wife to cry when I jokingly said I bought another gun, doh!

I'm building a pistol lower to move my short 22lr upper over to so I can reuse the lower since it's SBR'd already.  

Try the X95 before you buy.  It's great and all but I primarily shoot my rifles suppressed and the X95 is just too gassy.  I rarely use it anymore. 

I'm building a 12.5" 6.5 Grendel upper.  I already bought ammo, mags and an adjustable gas block for it.  I'm going to use my AAC 762SDN6 suppressor on it.  I ordered a Dead Air Sandman-K to use on my 300blk sbr. It should make it a little shorter.

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I've got a lower just collecting dust and only has the trigger group installed. It was bought during the great panic of 2013. If I'm going to put money into another gun it'll be a SBR, either a Desert Tech MDR or IWI X95. Won't be for a year or so because we have another baby expected  next month and I almost caused my wife to cry when I jokingly said I bought another gun, doh!

Congrats on the new kid!  My kid was born with an AR in his hands:

PC101104.JPG

His first chew toy was a pmag:

DSC_0465.JPG

When he turned two, he went straight to 50bmg:

2ii9x1e.jpg

20 minutes ago, peter said:

Congrats on the new kid!  My kid was born with an AR in his hands:

His first chew toy was a pmag:

When he turned two, he went straight to 50bmg:

CUTE! My wife would so not be OK with that, lol! We hadn't bought a toy gun for my three old girl yet, may do that for her birthday next year. She did have a plastic sword but was a little too aggressive with it so we had to take it away.

21 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

CUTE! My wife would so not be OK with that, lol! We hadn't bought a toy gun for my three old girl yet, may do that for her birthday next year. She did have a plastic sword but was a little too aggressive with it so we had to take it away.

Lol, those pics were just staged to piss off liberal soccer moms.  All kidding aside though, I think I’ll probably wait until he’s a bit older before formally introducing him to firearms.  I’ll probably start with materials from the firearms safety course that I had to take before I got my license. 

I am a firm believer of this though:

igcbm.jpg

Edited by peter

1 hour ago, peter said:

Lol, those pics were just staged to piss off liberal soccer moms.  All kidding aside though, I think I’ll probably wait until he’s a bit older before formally introducing him to firearms.  I’ll probably start with materials from the firearms safety course that I had to take before I got my license. 

I am a firm believer of this though:

igcbm.jpg

Absolutely. When I have children, I'm going to make sure that once they are old enough to understand, I will introduce them to firearms safety. Once they're 10, they will learn how to use them, and by the time they're 15 they'll be bonafide gunfighters. I intend for my children to grow up to be warriors, regardless of what they chose to do, they'll always be warriors. 

That's what our societies need.

So, I got it into my head to flat top that 20" build and eventually, that idea started to fester and I ended up doing just that:

PB142743.JPG

PB142744.JPG

I won't have $$ to buy another C79 for a while, so I threw a carry handle on it for now.  Also threw on a set of KAC M5 RAS on there.  It's not really a C7 or an M16A4 clone, but I sort of like it.

PB142749.JPG

PB142751.JPG

PB142752.JPG

PB142753.JPG

PB142755.JPG

The flat top came from a Colt Expanse upper from my spare parts box....ended up throwing the barrel onto the Olympic Arms A2 upper:

PB142745.JPG

Not sure what this is supposed to be either....

PB142741.JPG

PB142742.JPG

I'll need a permanent lower for that 16" upper (borrowing it from my Mk18 clone)