Display Your Collections...

I haven't seriously collected anything the past 4 years, but here's my humble small collection:

Nice collection there! BUT, you have to get yourself the pinnacle of Macross VF-1 toy, the ever so magnificent Yamato 1/48s

Here is a part of my collection, the ones that stays hidden away. :D;)

[attachmentid=42555]

[attachmentid=42556]

That still does not include these that are boxed in the closet:

1:60 Yamato Ostrich

1:60 Yamato Elintseeker

1:60 Yamato GBP armor

1:48 clear fast pack

1:48 VF1J super (x2) (1 on display with Yamato stand)

1:48 VF1S (1st ed)

1:48 VF1A (hikaru)

1:48 GBP armor

1:48 Strike pack

Bandai joke machine VF1S (on display)

Bandai joke machine VF1J Miriya (on display)

1:72 H.C.M. VF1S (x2) 1 wrapped in bubble wrap in the top pic (lower left corner)

1:00 Yamato monster

1 box Macross pencil sharpeners

1 box Tomy macross diorama w/monster

plus all my plastic and resin kits.

post-60-1179174405_thumb.jpg

post-60-1179174478_thumb.jpg

Edited by vt102

Something doesn't look right about that GBP armor in the front... like it's white where it should be blue or something? You own a toy I never managed to grab though, a VF-1A max JM... fortunately, my dislike of DYRL paint schemes will hinder my jealousy.

Thanks Totoro for mentioning my website in that post above. w00t! Obviously your Gakken collection is schweet.

Something doesn't look right about that GBP armor in the front... like it's white where it should be blue or something? You own a toy I never managed to grab though, a VF-1A max JM... fortunately, my dislike of DYRL paint schemes will hinder my jealousy.

AHHHHH, you noticed. :D That is a set of resin ones made by one our members here. I believe it was one of the first ones re-casted. That is why it is beige, and not casted in color like the later ones. I managed to score a box and styrofoam off of ebay a few years ago. And as far as the DYRL color JM's, I kinda like them. I still have to get the M&M boxed JM's, along with the S. And the blue JM I actually just got it on trade from Totoro. I actually bought a Hikaru JM from a seller on ebay, and a month earlier, he bought the Max from the same seller, but the seller mixed up the boxes, and mines was boxed in his Max box. So we did a trade, and now we are both happy. :D Thank you Totoro. :)

great Gakken stuff.....all boxed!!! vintage stuff is really cool!!!

Thanks! Like I was saying before, there's more love involved in collecting the vintage stuff :)

I'm sure we'll all be saying that about new stuff 20 years from now :p

Just a few pics. . .

These are waiting for the rest of the unpacking. . .

[attachmentid=42582]

Side one of the case. . .

[attachmentid=42583]

post-972-1179550274_thumb.jpg

post-972-1179550288_thumb.jpg

No. Not more love, just more money ;)

Nope. Love.

I can complete a collection of Yamato toys in about 10 minutes online with enough money. The vintage stuff takes dedication, patience, and time. Some of the vintage pieces come up for auction maybe once a year. Some of my stuff is pieced together from multiple auctions and its taken me years to put together.

Its definately love, not money.

Nope. Love.

I can complete a collection of Yamato toys in about 10 minutes online with enough money. The vintage stuff takes dedication, patience, and time. Some of the vintage pieces come up for auction maybe once a year. Some of my stuff is pieced together from multiple auctions and its taken me years to put together.

Agreed!

Nope. Love.

The original statement was that it takes more love to collect vintage toys than newer ones. That's not true, it just takes more time, money, and effort. While you may have put a lot of love into your collection, that doesn't mean that someone who collects only newer toys put any less love into his/her collection. Don't be an elitist.

That's not true, it just takes more time, money, and effort. While you may have put a lot of love into your collection, that doesn't mean that someone who collects only newer toys put any less love into his/her collection. Don't be an elitist.

Get off the money thing. If you do the math, my Takatoku collection has a value of $2500 to $2800. An entire Yamato collection would cost you $4500 (including Fast Packs for single Valks).

In my opinion, the more challenging something is, the more love you need to put into it. So yes, time and effort do equal love in my book.

I am entitled to my opinion and having an opinion you don't agree with doesnt make me an elitist. I couldn't care less if you don't agree, but calling me an elitist is just way off the mark.

Hey Totoro242, would you happen to know the exact scales of the various ride armor toys? I believe the large ones are 1/8? Some of the smaller ones range from 1/20 to 1/35. And then there are the little diecast guys....

The Takatoku Macross toys are so much easier to catalogue because there's so much information on the box art, and in English no less. The Gakken Mospeada box art's much more obscure when referring to toy series/name, scale, year-made, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are updated pictures of my Macross Curio which I first posted back in January on Page 18. A couple things such as my VF-17S, 1-60 VF-1D, 1-48 “Angel Bird” VF-1 & 1-48 woodlands camo VF-1/GBP-1S Armor, 1/48 VF-1 Clear Super Parts and Yamato Launch Arm are missing.

post-289-1183518087_thumb.jpg

post-289-1183518105_thumb.jpg

post-289-1183518115_thumb.jpg

post-289-1183518123_thumb.jpg

post-289-1183518131_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdenham

Eternal D, I paid $169.00 for it at a closeout warehouse called “City Liquidators” in Portland OR. If they still have any more I am going to get another one this week, with all of this new Macross and Mospeada stuff coming out I’m going to need it.

Eventually I want to have shelves for each of these themes

Macross Zero

Macross DYRL

Macross TV #1

Macross TV #2

Destroids

Macross Plus/Macross 7

Non Cannon Valk Camo’s

Mospeada #1

Mospeada #2

Haaay, i envy you guys, you got lots of macross already and i got just a few (and small valks at that). I guess the main problem was i am not exactly a sole macross collector. I also collect other stuff which basically spreads out my expenses into different toy lines. :rolleyes:

From 2004 when i started, this is what i have collected so far for both macross and other toy items:

yep, that is my bed board.. the small valks are vintage bootlegs 1/144 scale

th_IMG_0788.jpg

a close up you can see a SD vf1s valk and SD macross

th_IMG_0789.jpg

okies, this is at the foot of my bed, my display cabinet. havent canvassed yet for a glass door.. i was thinking of ripping the entire cabinet off and just buy a larger one with a glass case. All of the boxes are stored somewhere else since I don't have extra space here.

th_IMG_0790.jpg

the rest of my small macross collection: 1 hi-metal strike valk (red armor is what i got on the legs and right arm, a variant), 1 henkei type macross without the shoulder cannons, 1 1/100 cannon fodder (yes, the legs are bootlegs - but the upper half is genuine bandai), 2 joke machines, 1 small scale vf1j valk, and 3 cms figures

th_IMG_0791.jpg

well, the reasons i didnt exactly have enough money for valks are these:

souchaku henshin stuff with vintage shaider items, takatoku arcadia, emeraldas, and godzilla final wars gotengo ship

th_IMG_0792.jpg

a billiken tetsuwan atom (quite rare for a vinyl)

th_IMG_0793.jpg

ah this one is an exemption, i didnt spend a dime on this robot. a gift from my dad.. this mecha was serialized on tv at the same time macross dyrl was shown in cinemas circa 1984

th_IMG_0794.jpg

yep, non-japanese toys: GI Joe hehehe.. if anyone has vintage gijoes lemme know :D

th_IMG_0795.jpg

well i just hope i can get more valks, and a cabinet soon! thanks for looking.. B))

Edited by richardthebrave